teddy-babes.com

Longevity!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Longevity!

Post by Gaijin »

One of my main complaints about my recent TPE doll, was how fragile and seemingly short-lived it was. Modern dolls don't appear to be designed for the long haul. I was always saying to myself: "I've had my Teddy Babe for ten years, and she's held up WAY better than this." (I fully admit that my clumsiness and lack of experience is why I did so poorly with my new doll.)

I realized tonight that due to circumstances and luck, I may have one of the oldest dolls on TDF. Looking over her old unboxing photos, I remembered that I got her in May of 2010. Are there any other Teddy Babes still around from back then?

So, here's some before and after photos of Lucita. Feel free to share your own stories of old Teddy Babes, past and present.
Attachments
Opening day
Opening day
Lucita 5 yard and foot.jpg (73.83 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Lucita 3.jpg
Lucita 3.jpg (66.67 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Today!
Today!
20210729_151335 - Copy.jpg (3.51 MiB) Viewed 1046 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Longevity!

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Wow! I have always loved the look of these first generation deluxe Babes. :angel:

My Michelle pictured below is pretty old as well. She's a first generation standard and was delivered to forum member blacksmith back in 2006. Since then she has been adopted out at least 4 times and has been with me since 2016. So she has a bit of history to say the least! :lol:
While I sometimes wish she was a little bigger, she is not inconvenient at all size wise and I spend time with her every night watching a movie or tv show with her sitting between my legs in the easy chair with her hair resting on my face.
A very nice feeling indeed! :D
Teddy Babe 002.JPG
Teddy Babe 002.JPG (940.39 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Never owned a TB, but quickly finding out that plush ladies can be handled a lot rougher than their TPE counterparts. I'm kinda gentle with them anyway though, guess because I owned a TPE lass first. :wink:

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Mr. Franz, we love your humor, jokes, artworks, and tiny violin. You said, you never owned a Teddy Babe.
Don't worry, you will never know what you missed until you get one. The skin is identical to your EVO Doll's skin.
The body of a Teddy Babe is much more firm than the EVO Doll. The faces of Teddy Babes are captivating. They do come out of a story book. There is no way to confuse them with TPE or Silicone Babes' faces depicting dead people.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Thanks Missionary! Decided against TB for a number of reasons, which I won't get into here. Nothing against them though, just not what I was after. Quite satisfied with my two plush lasses, as well as my TPE gal. Each has a unique, lifelike charm all there own.

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Gaijin wrote:One of my main complaints about my recent TPE doll, was how fragile and seemingly short-lived it was. Modern dolls don't appear to be designed for the long haul. I was always saying to myself: "I've had my Teddy Babe for ten years, and she's held up WAY better than this." (I fully admit that my clumsiness and lack of experience is why I did so poorly with my new doll.)

I realized tonight that due to circumstances and luck, I may have one of the oldest dolls on TDF. Looking over her old unboxing photos, I remembered that I got her in May of 2010. Are there any other Teddy Babes still around from back then?

So, here's some before and after photos of Lucita. Feel free to share your own stories of old Teddy Babes, past and present.
Depends on the manufacturer, there’s people with real dolls from the early 2000s in good shape still, and people with tpe dolls that don’t dont look like they will be ruined any time soon despite their age, i know with sinodolls silicone dolls i will have a doll that will last way beyond

Teddy babes have good longevity due to their material, still very impressive seeing peoples teddy babes from the early days, still tempted by Alexa if my current plan doesn’t work

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

I think I might be a rare case where one of our TB's actually started falling apart within a year haha

Last year during quarantine, 8th Wonder apparently had some left over stock of the Original Diana model, like the classic shortstack versions

Shes great, adorable, and has become my girlfriends favorite teddy bear to the point where I'm pretty sure she likes our doll Tyra more than me even lol

That said! I don't know how long Tyra was in storage before we got her. These are TB classics after all, and I think they discontinued them like a decade ago

For whatever reason, Tyra started showing signs of advanced wear after only a few months: holes on her seam lines, stitching coming loose in places, fraying material, etc
20210119_145249.jpg
20210119_145249.jpg (3.98 MiB) Viewed 974 times
Ended up getting a full sized Cindy after discussing the problem with 8th Wonder, and since then Tyra is officially on Teddy Bear duty to avoid any further damage. Sucks, because she is an aggressively cute doll, but we'd much rather keep her in one piece

Hope our new girl hold up a bit better!
20210110_012825.jpg
20210110_012825.jpg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 974 times

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Nothing a needle and some thread won't fix. That's what's cool about Teddybabes fabric dolls in comparison to tpe or silicone. They can be stiched back up like no other
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Belle226
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Belle226 »

I LIKE HER!!! :angel:
Invo wrote:I think I might be a rare case where one of our TB's actually started falling apart within a year haha

Last year during quarantine, 8th Wonder apparently had some left over stock of the Original Diana model, like the classic shortstack versions

Shes great, adorable, and has become my girlfriends favorite teddy bear to the point where I'm pretty sure she likes our doll Tyra more than me even lol

That said! I don't know how long Tyra was in storage before we got her. These are TB classics after all, and I think they discontinued them like a decade ago

For whatever reason, Tyra started showing signs of advanced wear after only a few months: holes on her seam lines, stitching coming loose in places, fraying material, etc
20210119_145249.jpg
Ended up getting a full sized Cindy after discussing the problem with 8th Wonder, and since then Tyra is officially on Teddy Bear duty to avoid any further damage. Sucks, because she is an aggressively cute doll, but we'd much rather keep her in one piece

Hope our new girl hold up a bit better!
20210110_012825.jpg

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Belle226 wrote:I LIKE HER!!! :angel:
Haha, thanks! Glad you do! We'll have to make her and our Cindy model (now named Jessie) their own thread at some point!

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

All dolls have got their pros and cons. The main thing is to make sure you enjoy them while you, and they, are here, which compared to the dinosaurs, ain't for long.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Jonathan+- wrote:All dolls have got their pros and cons. The main thing is to make sure you enjoy them while you, and they, are here, which compared to the dinosaurs, ain't for long.
That's the way to think about it!! Yes
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

This August 26th 10 years with my katie..
Katie 1.JPG
Katie 1.JPG (2.47 MiB) Viewed 849 times
I will be posting a whole photo shoot of her on her birthday.
This photo is just one of those.
She is in fantastic shape..

Eyeball

Post by Eyeball »

After ten years, Leiana's head is a little wobbly, but otherwise she's as sturdy as she ever was. Even her lips are in good shape. We're in it for the long haul.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

That is great! Congrats on a decade together!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

INFORMATIONS