www.wmdolls.com

Erik Kirk's thread.

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Erik Kirk's thread.

Post by true_blue22 »

HoneyHose wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:59 am Wow true_blue22!
You are now a certified innovative doll surgeon!
I'm impressed with your work on Erik!...as he must be too! 😊
When you finish put everything together, do post a picture of Erik's new peepers! 🤓
Hi, HoneyHose! Although I'm far from a doll surgeon, I appreciate your kind compliment on my little repair job. I'll make an effort to attach the new spare head and post some pics with one of his brown wigs.
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Raspberry1967 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:58 am OMG! This is amazing! 🙌👏
Are you a closet chemist or something true lol

So looking forward to you n Erik’s next adventure.

Happy New Year to you both from me n Frances 🥳😀👍

All the best,
Raspberry
Hi Raspberry! I appreciate your kind compliment. Unfortunately, I'm not a closet chemist - just a woman who was unimpressed with the huge difference in eye cavities. And that sparked my determination to fix it. I have a few ideas about our next adventure on the Forum. And I just finished catching up on Frances's thread last night. (Over the past month, I've been distracted by my new hobby: diamond painting. Which is why I haven't been around here as much.) I love Frances's sassy personality and her commentary made me laugh as usual. Erik and I wish you both a Happy New Year, too. :D

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

🎆 Happy New Year to you guys!! 🎆

And this is a fantastic post about the eye base repair/mod, especially WITH THE PICS!

Although the TPE-melting-into-molasses method is often mentioned, I've never seen it laid out step by step like this and the layering technique you have used could be very useful for many doll owners! Might even use it on Miranda if/when I get her another head (an identical #159), as her sockets do have a little damage behind her eyeballs.

Btw there are new bases now for the MF eyes, maybe you have seen them?

I have some, so I'll be reporting on those, plus the new double eyelids, when I get around to it. And will also be redoing Mira's hands with new wire -- January is DIY month for us here! 🛠️🤚👁️
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi, Michaelangelo! We wish you and Miss Mira a Happy New Year in return! I wanted to make my repair post as helpful as possible, so I decided to take photos of the process. And I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it. I once had to repair a cut in Erik's eye cavity using TPE paste. (That was when he arrived and had the original, standard, half-sphere eyeballs. I didn't realize there was a sharp edge on one of them and when I was adjusting it, it made a small cut which I had to fix.)

As for the MF eyes, the latest type that I'm aware of is the ones where the height of the pedestal can be adjusted without removing the eye from the socket. Has there been another upgrade since then? And there are double eyelids? My, that sounds interesting! I look forward to reading your review on those. Since you performed foot surgery on Miss Mira, replacing the wires in her fingers should be a cinch. :D

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

true_blue22 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:03 am Hi, Michaelangelo! We wish you and Miss Mira a Happy New Year in return! I wanted to make my repair post as helpful as possible, so I decided to take photos of the process. And I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it. I once had to repair a cut in Erik's eye cavity using TPE paste. (That was when he arrived and had the original, standard, half-sphere eyeballs. I didn't realize there was a sharp edge on one of them and when I was adjusting it, it made a small cut which I had to fix.)

As for the MF eyes, the latest type that I'm aware of is the ones where the height of the pedestal can be adjusted without removing the eye from the socket. Has there been another upgrade since then? And there are double eyelids? My, that sounds interesting! I look forward to reading your review on those. Since you performed foot surgery on Miss Mira, replacing the wires in her fingers should be a cinch. :D
It was super-helpful, thank you! The new pedestals I have would probably allow that, yes, they have a much wider base, which looks as if it can stay put while the top part can be rotated out. I also usually add a cork "spacer" between the top and bottom parts to make it more stable, I'll include that when I do my review. And the wire fingers should be dead easy, yes, I'm actually glad she doesn't have articulated, really, because if those broke I'd have no idea how to fix them. Sometimes, simpler is better, as whiterose has also said in her thread about fixing Christen's hands.
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi everyone. It's Valentine's night in Oz and I'm very disappointed that we were unable to do a full set of Valentine's photos due to a medical issue. It's not advisable for me to lift anything heavy right now - including Erik. I'm upset because I ordered items for the photo shoot way in advance. But Erik was adamant that I not risk hurting myself further by lifting him. So I decided to post these photos instead. I bought the shirt for him maybe 4 months ago but didn't get around to modifying it with a zipper until a couple of days ago. I chose this shirt because before I ordered him, I thought of him as my giant Ken doll. How perfect that my life-sized Ken doll has a Ken shirt to wear now. :D Even though these few photos were all I could manage, we hope you enjoy them.

He loves his new shirt and I think it looks great on him.
IMG_9986.JPG
IMG_9986.JPG (65.33 KiB) Viewed 268 times
IMG_9987.JPG
IMG_9987.JPG (63.12 KiB) Viewed 268 times
I thought that Ryan Gosling was the perfect Ken.
IMG_9990.JPG
IMG_9990.JPG (69.1 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Meanwhile, Erik is still happily rocking his ample supply of designer boxer briefs.
IMG_9994.JPG
IMG_9994.JPG (79.3 KiB) Viewed 268 times
And I'm still happily taking in the sight of him wearing them.
IMG_9992.JPG
IMG_9992.JPG (66.38 KiB) Viewed 268 times
He said that his abs were just as hot as Ken's - and I agreed.
IMG_9996.JPG
IMG_9996.JPG (93.02 KiB) Viewed 268 times
He also insisted that I use Barbie-pink snaps on his shirt. I thought it was a nice touch, too.
IMG_9998.JPG
IMG_9998.JPG (57.68 KiB) Viewed 268 times
Our apologies to those who were expecting a full set of photos with a storyline. We want to thank you for stopping by to check out these pics - and we wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Happy Valentine's Day to you both! :angel: :angel: (...and take care of yourselves, hoping you recover soon! :thumbs_up: )
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Happy Valentines to you two lovebirds!
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

No need for apologies tru_blue as you must take care of yourself first!
Happy Valentine's to you both (and everyone else here too!) and hope Erik has something special planned for your Valentine's night in the land down under! ❤️

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

gogodolls wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:19 am Happy Valentine's Day to you both! :angel: :angel: (...and take care of yourselves, hoping you recover soon! :thumbs_up: )
Cheers! :glou:
Hey, gogodolls - Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. I'm doing my best to take it easy until my doctor figures out what's causing my pain. (I'm expecting a few test results tomorrow afternoon.) Thanks for stopping by. :D

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

DG wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:06 am Happy Valentines to you two lovebirds!
Hey, DG. We wish you and Lawrence a Happy Valentine's Day, too. :D

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

HoneyHose wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:14 am No need for apologies tru_blue as you must take care of yourself first!
Happy Valentine's to you both (and everyone else here too!) and hope Erik has something special planned for your Valentine's night in the land down under! ❤️
Hi, HoneyHose. Most of the time, I put other people first. That's just my nature. But over the past couple of weeks, I've had to focus more on myself. We wish you and Desiree a Happy Valentine's Day, too.

Jmacb9

Post by Jmacb9 »

Great pictures, and no need for apologies! We sincerely hope y’all had a wonderful evening and that you’ll be feeling stronger soon.

Btw, I would like to give a big “thank you” to you and Erik. Before I got my first doll, I read through this entire thread. I found it extremely helpful for managing my expectations and inspirational regarding the benefits of doll life. I really appreciate y’all taking the time to share your story with the world!
💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARLEY! See his birthday party shenanigans on his thread 💜
Josh's thread
We're most active on Insta!

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hey, Jmacb9. We appreciate you stopping by to check out our latest post. And it means a lot to us that you found this thread so helpful before your doll journey began. In regard to my medical problem, it's not so much a matter of getting stronger - at the moment, I'm trying to find out what's been causing my bad abdominal pain for the past 3 weeks. I've seen 2 doctors. One thinks it's endometriosis and the other one thinks it's a torn abdominal muscle. (Which didn't result from lifting Erik. It was from lifting something that weighed a lot less than him.) In regard to the benefits of doll life, Erik has been a huge comfort to me as I've gone to bed with bad pain. Just feeling him beside me is so soothing. Unfortunately, I can't take heavy duty painkillers because I care for my disabled husband. Also, he has epilepsy and can't drive - so I need to be alert while I'm behind the wheel. So far, the only thing that has helped to ease the pain is a hot wheat pack on my belly 2-3 times each day - for at least 30 minutes. I appreciate your kind thoughts in regard to my medical issue.

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

A prayer and collective finger crossing is happening here for you that your pains can be treated soon and quickly true_blue!!

INFORMATIONS