Starpery.com

The weight problem

Got an idea? Need an invention?
blackrave404
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: The weight problem

Post by blackrave404 »

SimonSays7 wrote:I'm finally developing some tricks and techniques for moving my 68 pound Jessica. I wish she weighed 1/2 what she does. Tayu may have to be my next brand, but at over $3000 before delivery... maybe not.
68lbs doesn't seem like much.
Are dolls uncomfortable to carry around or is she just too heavy for you?
Because one of the options I'm looking into has mass of 51kg (112.5lbs)
That's about weight of what I'm convinced I could reliably handle, but I'm basing that on weight alone.
Are dolls unwieldy?

PilotFancier
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PilotFancier »

blackrave404 wrote:
SimonSays7 wrote:I'm finally developing some tricks and techniques for moving my 68 pound Jessica. I wish she weighed 1/2 what she does. Tayu may have to be my next brand, but at over $3000 before delivery... maybe not.
That's about weight of what I'm convinced I could reliably handle, but I'm basing that on weight alone.
Are dolls unwieldy?

Yes.
Nobody is exaggerating when they say how heavy these are. "Living" weight is different than "dead" weight. A living creature will assist in supporting its own limbs and whatnot, making it easier to lift. I'm sure they'd love to, but these dolls cannot offer us any such assistance.
I knew what I was getting into with mine, and he's 54kg - he is 75% of my own bodyweight. Notably, I used to be able to heft around my ex-boyfriend, who was about the same weight. Just 'cuz you can lift a kid, a friend, or a piece of luggage doesn't mean you'll heft a person-shaped thing around well, especially when it's delicate!

It can absolutely be done... but understand: They're heavy! Haha.

blackrave404
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by blackrave404 »

PilotFancier wrote: doesn't mean you'll heft a person-shaped thing around well, especially when it's delicate!
I have carried passed out (quite heavier) people before, I imagine doll would be somewhat similar, but you raised a good point.

Fragility of TPE (especially softer one) is something to look for I guess, I could lift her up, sure, but now that I think about it, her impressive curves would probably be an issue and not exactly safe in carrying process. And nobody likes harming their partner (fleshy or otherwise).
One more point for the lighter one, it seems.

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

blackrave404 wrote:
Are dolls unwieldy?
It's the need to be careful that makes it tricky, along with the unweildy nature of all that TPE on a flexible skeleton, all those limbs. I work out with 25 and 30 pound dumbells, doing lots of reps, no issue. But handling a 68 lbs doll, not so easy. Not for me, anyway.

Cornhub
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Cornhub »

I got my 42 lbs Tantaly one and its super heavy.. I want to return to exchange for a smaller one.

SomeRandomGuy889
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SomeRandomGuy889 »

Got a 30kg (66lbs) doll, I'm used to lifting a pair of 23kg (50.7lbs) dumbbells, but it was still a struggle to move her around for the first few times. Then after that though it seemed to get easy real quick, you just have to get used to how the weight is distributed

Brandon88
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Brandon88 »

As far as sexual utilization goes, I find the weight adds to the realism. Sad part is, the cleanup is on us with the doll.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

the weight problem is an on going problem and will continue to be because of the variables and strengths of people , some men and women are stronger then others .but there is also the fact that some dolls are made very heavy , makes us all wish for telsa robotic bodies that can walk and move their selves ! :D :wink:

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

My heart goes out to the older ,lesser built men with dolls ,truly.

But as a younger man in great shape ,I love my 110 lb lady .
Having that weight pushing against me while I sleep while her thick thigh is layered over mine ,gives me the best sleep .
Her joints are basically useless now with her age .so she stays in bed now .

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

The Doll Advocate wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:52 pm My heart goes out to the older ,lesser built men with dolls ,truly.

Having that weight pushing against me while I sleep while her thick thigh is layered over mine ,gives me the best sleep .
Doll Advocate, you’re lucky, that’s great. I don’t know what percentage of doll owners can say what you say about their strength, or handle a 110 lbs doll. But I bet it’s a minority. I’ve never been very strong, and now I’m getting older as well. Happily, my libido is still strong though.

We’re all only temporarily abled. By the time you’re older, I expect there will be dolls of your dreams available in a broader range of weights than what’s on the market right now.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Frankly it's not the weight itself, it's how unwieldy it is. When I was working out regularly I'd happily deadlift or squat 110kg (242 pounds) and do about a 30kg (66 pound) dumbbell row. But those weights are purposely design to be compact, rigid and moved close to the body in optimal positions. A doll isn't rigid or compact and lifting it often involves moving weight that's not close to the body. Moving my 33kg (72 pound) doll at the time was really difficult.

If you can get a doll with a really tight skeleton it's actually easier to lift than a doll of the same weight with the loose skeleton. Mostly because you don't have limbs that want to flop around and throw your balance off. Similarly the more compact you can make your doll, or the closer you can get her to your body when you lift the easier it becomes. I've also found that the weight reduction on my latest doll tends to stiffen the body somewhat and that combined with the lower weight makes her the easiest doll I've lifted yet.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

SimonSays7 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:34 pm
The Doll Advocate wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:52 pm My heart goes out to the older ,lesser built men with dolls ,truly.

Doll Advocate, you’re lucky, that’s great. I don’t know what percentage of doll owners can say what you say about their strength, or handle a 110 lbs doll. But I bet it’s a minority. I’ve never been very strong, and now I’m getting older as well. Happily, my libido is still strong though.

We’re all only temporarily abled. By the time you’re older, I expect there will be dolls of your dreams available in a broader range of weights than what’s on the market right now.
I'm sure doll technology will move along swiftly.
For some maybe not soon enough .
And that's sad ,because I love the doll hobby and I wish everyone who loves dolls could get the most out of it .
But I don't pretend that weight isn't a problem for many and I wish it weren't so for them.

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

The Doll Advocate wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:25 pm
I'm sure doll technology will move along swiftly.
For some maybe not soon enough .
And that's sad ,because I love the doll hobby and I wish everyone who loves dolls could get the most out of it .
But I don't pretend that weight isn't a problem for many and I wish it weren't so for them.
I see it as one of the best functions of a forum like this. First-time buyers read about folks getting sucker-punched by a heavier doll than they can handle, and avoid the same fate, for their first purchase.

Manufacturers read here as well, and eventually start to realize that sucker-punching folks with alluring photos of heavy dolls, those manufacturers realize that creating bitterly disappointed customers is not a recipe for growth.

Some of those manufacturers have started to put their efforts into innovation. And slowly but surely, things are looking better for choices in lighter dolls, for those who want them.

Which I would say, is likely the majority of the population of folks interested in dolls. Of whatever gender.

Lone Wolf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lone Wolf »

Michaelangelo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:46 am For me personally, however, I agree with Tyr. I was initially surprised at the weight (and I even managed to visit a showroom and try out some different weights) but now I actually really like it. She feels real because of the weight and if she were much lighter it would feel weird to me.
Add my vote in. I was nervous and surprised about the weight of my 163h wm. She is 111 lb but like you, I think it adds to the realism. If she were a feather weight, at her size, it would seem very fake doing anything with her. And yes, heavy-dolls will make you stronger! I went from sweating and cursing while moving her from one room to the other, to being able to tuck her under one arm and carry her. I'm 165 lb. It's all in how you lift.
LW

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Lone Wolf wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:42 am Add my vote in. I was nervous and surprised about the weight of my 163h wm. She is 111 lb but like you, I think it adds to the realism. If she were a feather weight, at her size, it would seem very fake doing anything with her. And yes, heavy-dolls will make you stronger! I went from sweating and cursing while moving her from one room to the other, to being able to tuck her under one arm and carry her. I'm 165 lb. It's all in how you lift.
LW
It's not just that. Bear in mind many people have physical disabilities or injuries that literally make that impossible. Not everyone is young and physically able and just needs to "get used to lifting the weight".

INFORMATIONS