betterlovedoll.com

TDF upgrade 2022 questions and reports

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

TDF upgrade 2022 questions and reports

Post by TDF_Management »

Please post your questions and reports about the upgraded TDF here in this thread.

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TDF upgrade 2022 questions and reports

Post by Brunch »

First :wink:
(no questions btw - it works!)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Wow, impressive upgrade! Certainly looks loads better on my phone! Well done guys!

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

Still a bit lost and seems kinda sluggish compared to the older version.
I do like the color theme options.
I liked having a link to my post on the top right.
I see it says I can add it and it shows up on the left but now that I look its gone again..
Gonna take some getting used to .
Was there any server side upgrades for speed and size limits of attachment photos?

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Where are thread views?

Do we have the option to revert to the old layout?

Thank you!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

I gotta say I liked it better before, this will take some getting used to
I miss the quick link to my own posts.
Everything is loading so slow… :(

As big as this forum is I’m surprised there is not an app for mobile devices, it sure would be nice to check on the forum when out and about through your phone
Master of Puppets...

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

Now that I have had a good look around it works.
And like others have said I think I can get used to it.
But as I said before and Dees said too would be nice to have a way to "Pin" some
of those Quick Links someplace maybe under Notifications , Private messages or something as
I also used the "My Post" quick link that is now only able to be accessed via clicking the quick links button.
Also I think the biggest thing that is bugging me and maybe others is there is no real separator
between post.
It is just a fine line between them.
It makes it kinda hard to see who's post is who's.
Maybe increase that separator line's thickness and change the color border around every other post .
I think with some tweaks this will work just fine.

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

Have there been any changes to making polls? I'm hosting Category B this month, and it's gonna be pretty difficult at the end of the month if I can't copy the old codes!

Dees, you do realise that you can check TDF using the Internet on your phone right? 😅 (also testing the new smiley capability..🤔....👍

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

In terms of design, I'm more of a conservative type and would like to keep what I've become accustomed to. I think it's great that smilies are now transferred from your own device.

What I have not yet found is the button with which the text can be colored.
Basically it works when the code is entered manually.
It is the button with the drop that can be used to color.
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

Willendorph wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:08 pm

Dees, you do realise that you can check TDF using the Internet on your phone right? 😅 (also testing the new smiley capability..🤔....👍

Oh believe me Will I know! I don’t own a computer, I do everything here on an iPad, which is the same as using a phone but bigger

I’ve belonged to many Jeep forums, I’ve even helped create one, at 3000 members we added an app, it made the forum super easy to navigate, even better than desktop and super visible on the phone, and so much easier to share pictures

You should see how dumb I look with my reading glasses on trying to read desktop on my phone :haha4:

My fruity devices seem to have a problem adding smilies in the correct place :(
Master of Puppets...

andy1324

Post by andy1324 »

eek, I thought the forum was down for repair, this is how a site looks when its broken. Well thats the first impression, I hope I get used to it. You know the saying if it aint broke dont fix it, I'm sure there were reasons, but this was a shock I have to say....

andy1324

Post by andy1324 »

Ok that was a bit harsh because after a little more looking around I see a lot more potential. But I would like a little nomenclature stuff, telling me what some things mean, like when seeing new posts I think its an unread symbol, the little red square, and what's the paper clip for is that to subscribe?
anyway the reason I got upset initially is I'm used to seeing a direct link to "recent doll posts only" in the upper left corner, but actually now I see you have improved it with a menu of links, and I actually like that better. I'm sure as I keep using this I will have many more moments of "I like this better", ok I'm ready to get on with it now...

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

IDK, but to me, it looks like a definite improvement - good job, guys. :thumbs_up: It looks lighter & easier to read. Kinda miss the direct link to the unread posts up top, without having to click down to it, but I'll get used to it. BTW, thank you for removing the picture view count, as this used to drive me nuts when editing PM's.

I'm hoping that you might have now included a head count of the amount of users in chat at the top link, but don't know if that's true or not, as there's currently nobody in there. I tried to login to chat to see if this change was incorporated, but it keeps telling me that my user name doesn't exist for some reason.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

O boy,,, this is going to give me something else to do.
But to be honest
I will say , not everyone on this forum is 18 years old. The font needs to be darker.
I do not sit 20 inches away from my computer,,Maybe bump the font color just a few more tones darker.That should be easy, I know this PHP like the back of my hand.

and I see we still have these 1990 emojis.. lets just go back to ":-)"

...Just saying.

I hope this is not the finished product? Few more tweaks, and I know you guys are trying Nesico. Can't make everyone happy, Old dogs are hard to train.LOL
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Fr0stByte
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fr0stByte »

Ugh is there a way to switch back to the old layout? Not liking this new layout. Don't have my usually buttons to only show topics I'm active in etc. Messages in topics now almost look like just long messages guess will have to get use to this but imo I prefered the previous layout.
Ladies:
Kitty - PipeDream Ultimate Fantasy Dolls
Wynter - WM166CM + 277 Head
Kizuna - Smart Doll - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=121837
Haruka - Smart Doll
Nao - DollHouse 168 - 80cm Elf - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=129287
Haruko - Elsa Babe - 102cm LB

INFORMATIONS