www.siliconelovers.com

A few issues with new SL/Starpery doll... what can I reasonably expect?

Silicone Lovers provides a bespoke customer service to suit individual needs and a full money back guarantee, free worldwide shipping and 24/7 customer support. All of our beautiful dolls are fully customizable at no extra charge. Packaging and payment methods are always discreet and privacy is always protected. They are completely transparent with their prices and there are never any hidden fees or charges. www.siliconelovers.com
SSGT3579
Apprentice
Apprentice

A few issues with new SL/Starpery doll... what can I reasonably expect?

Post by SSGT3579 »

Hello all! New to this forum, SL, and dolls in general (first time buyer)...

Purchased a Starpery doll from SL and had a few issues right off... please take a quick look and give me an honest opinion on what I can expect. Apologies for the long winded post, trying to get it all in here...

BACKGROUND: I ordered a TPE doll with full body heating function. Doll arrived 3 days ago. Had 3 issues during the first 2 days which weren't obvious during unpacking:

1) The functional anal orifice was only 1 inch deep.
2) Noticed the full body heating function only heated the hips and legs down.

* Notified SL, via their defect form, the first day (within 24 hours) of issues #1 and #2 which are clear manufacturing defects. Provided pictures of very short anal orifice and doll with heating plug installed. Not sure how I could demonstrate upper body non-heating in pictures...
I
3) Tried to troubleshoot #2 a bit further hoping I simply missed something (my degree is CS/EE so I know wires). This time the heating elements in the legs went into overdrive and within 20 minutes I had a burning smell and melting plastic fumes. I now have a slightly melted leg with imbedded pattern from bed sheets. I suspect the upper body heating elements either fell from the torso to legs during the molding process, had a short where the legs were over voltaged, or elements were never installed properly to begin with.

* Notified SL the second day (within 48 hours) of issue #3, again via their defect form. Provided pics of melted leg and permanent embedded sheet patterns...

Ideally I would like a replacement body (this time definitely without the heating element) as there is really no way to fix these defects locally.

Going to give SL time to do their thing... What can I reasonably expect here under the circumstances?

Totally new to this, remaining hopeful,
-SSGT3579

Herofire
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: A few issues with new SL/Starpery doll... what can I reasonably expect?

Post by Herofire »

Hi SSGT3579, welcome to the forums! I'm no expert but I can offer you my anecdotal experience. I have the Starpery 156cm Kelly.

1) I experienced that too with the anus. At first I though it was completely sealed off! I didn't want to poke it with my finger because I didnt know if it was a defect or not. After the initial check and the doll was completely fine. This is where I told myself, am I ok with no anal? If I poke it, I can void the return policy, even though I didnt use the doll and I just poked her. I figured I was happy with it and I just poked it. It went farther back but not as far back. Then I just decided to go all in. Pulled out my unit and no regret inside the anus. And I'm happy to report that it's now a working anus (working too hard).

You may have to do the same thing too. But I caution, you may void the warranty of 'used' doll. Idk, but Kelly's anus AND vagina was similar to that.

2) I think the heating is working as intended...and as intended I mean as trash. I read a bunch of threads here and everyone pretty much says the heating system in all dolls are trash (not just Starpery). They heat up all the wrong parts but the main parts...vagina and anus. Distribution of heat is horrible and overall utter waste of money.

This is my first doll and I splurged with every option I could. I was willing to pay for the heating system. But after so many bad reviews I decided it wasnt worth it. Again, sorry you bought the function but I dont think it's that great. The option is only there idk honestly as a way to stir up the imagination more? But the tech for that isnt there yet unfortunately. Maybe in a few years. Crossing my fingers.

3) Ouch that's rough but yeah I'm no expert but TPE can't handle that much heat (compared to silicone). And again defer back to comment 2). Sorry man, heating just isnt a thing.

Pro tip though, I order my doll from Silivonelovers and they've been nothing but amazingly awesome! But one thing to note is that they cant read your mind. If you bought a particular option, that you were iffy on, it doesnt hurt to ask for more information. I screwed this up because I wanted body moles on my doll exactly like the promo pictures. When I selected realistic body paint, I figured it was more than straightforward. What I got was cartoonie boob veins that looked like a lightning storm. Let's just say I was not turned on. But again, my fault for not being clear with what I want. I just assumed that realistic body paint would look exactly like the promo photos and I never bothered to ask.

Unfortunately your story is heart wrenching but I hope it doesnt taint your perspective of Starpery or other dolls. And Siliconelovers for that matter. I wish I had better news for you buddy but hopefully all is ok. Good luck!

SSGT3579
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: A few issues with new SL/Starpery doll... Resolved and satisfied :)

Post by SSGT3579 »

Herofire et al,

Just thought I'd post a follow-up to this issue... happily, it has been completely resolved. SL offered to replace the body and pay half the shipping cost which was fair. I replaced her with a TPE 174cm C Slim body with gel breasts (no heating element and verified working anal before they shipped). While it's taken from March to August to completely resolve, I am completely satisfied with both SL and Starpery and will undoubtedly purchase again... they made good on their guarantee which, as a consumer, is all you can really hope of an often complicated manufactory/seller relationship. Now to choose my next doll head... hmmm.

Best Regards,
SSGT3579
Starpery Hedy TPE 171cm Slim A / 174cm Slim C

Herofire
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Herofire »

Hi SSGT3579,

I'm super glad you got compensated for your lost! Wow! That's a lesson learned! Never give up on her! I'll carry that with me. Thank you so much for the update!

DARKSUN
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DARKSUN »

Can confirm, my Starpery TPE body Hedy has same problem. her anus is only about 2 inches deep and tighter than anything. ridiculous
Current doll: Starpery 156cm Hedy
Past Dolls: PiperDoll Akira 160cm Silicone - WM 155cm DD (TPE) - JY 140cm Huge Boobs Adelaide (TPE) - Starpery 156cm Hedy
Wish List: too many to list
Doll Reviews:
JY 140CM Adelaide
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101883
Piperdoll Akira 160cm
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=129608
Starpery 156cm Hedy
viewtopic.php?f=548&t=149180

SSGT3579
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SSGT3579 »

DARKSUN, interesting to hear you had a similar problem with the body heat. Of course, they all treated it like I'm a total one off corner case. After a noticed Starpery stopped offering the heating (unfortunately after I'd purchased) and began to distance themselves from it (other supplied so we're not responsible for issues), I knew it was a known issue. Curious, when you purchase body heat it completely varies between vendors... body heat to Starpery meant lower only, while others it's whole body which is what I expected. Anyway, my new 174cm has no heater and I'm completely happy. No more melting....

SSGT3579
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SSGT3579 »

DARKSUN, when ordering my 174cm body... I made sure they provided video of the anal depth which they did. I can confirm the new doll cavities (174cm at least) are as expected. Unfortunately they did not paint the vaginal areas this time around as I'd requested/ordered. QA...

PRO TIP: Only accept/confirm videos from Starpery if they are FINAL and COMPREHENSIVE. I found that they almost always show you little clips and preliminary video well before they are completed so you never know what you get. Always insist on final uncut videos of the COMPLETE doll before ship... both dolls I have ordered have lots of little things that should have been caught in their QA.

Insist on the comprehensive final videos and make their QA do their job!

INFORMATIONS