Starpery.com

How to tighten the bolt on this arm joint

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
JBrandt774
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: How to tighten the bolt on this arm joint

Post by JBrandt774 »

Here are some more pictures of the shoulder joint:
Shoulder Joint .png
Shoulder Joint .png (422.74 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Shoulder Joint 2.png
Shoulder Joint 2.png (426.22 KiB) Viewed 281 times

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

If you turn the piece "1" around its axis, maybe that will screw it into piece "2"? That's why the bolt head that connect piece "1" to piece "2" is that big: it is held in place between the the U of piece "1"? Naturally, it's something that you could do only when there is no silicone/TPE around the skeleton...

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

cle-a-bougie.jpg
cle-a-bougie.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 269 times
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (10.04 KiB) Viewed 268 times
What about something like that? But perhaps there isn't even enough space to insert it between the bolt and the side of the "U".

JBrandt774
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JBrandt774 »

narasinha wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:05 pm If you turn the piece "1" around its axis, maybe that will screw it into piece "2"? That's why the bolt head that connect piece "1" to piece "2" is that big: it is held in place between the the U of piece "1"? Naturally, it's something that you could do only when there is no silicone/TPE around the skeleton...
Thanks for the response. The U piece can move around freely, while the bolt doesn't budge. I presume the bolt accepts a 15 mm socket though this size of socket is too big to fit in between the U piece. The sockets that can fit in between the U piece are too small to fit around the bolt head.

When I try to grab it with 15 mm open head wrenches, the jaws seem to fit around the bolt somewhat, but I can't seem to tighten it. The space is so narrow that I really can't grab the bolt as you normally would with an open head wrench. As somewhat of a demonstration of this, I have circled the points I can access with the wrench:
Shoulder Joint Bolt Wrench Jaw Points(b).jpg
Shoulder Joint Bolt Wrench Jaw Points(b).jpg (152.38 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Normally to tighten a bolt, correct me if I am wrong, but the wrench would need to access this much of a bolt:
Standard Wrench Access.png
Standard Wrench Access.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 258 times
However, the space in between the U piece is too narrow to fit a 15 mm wrench over the bolt like that.

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

The tool that would take the less space is something like on the 2nd picture I posted. The head part can be long enough to the mechanism would be above the U piece. Also, those tool have a mechanism so that they can turn only in 1 direction. You wouldn't have to turn the handle fully: just a very little bit in thightening direction than back and then again in tightening direction,...
But based on your picture it's really hard to say if there is enough space left to fit the head around the bolt.

You could also try to but something between the bolt and the U so that the bolt cant turn anymore. Than turn the whole arm to tighten a little the bolt, remove the stuff you put between the bolt and the U piece and turn back the whole arm. Then repeate. (Ie: instead of using a tool to turn the bolt, use the whole arm)

Jonnonz

Post by Jonnonz »

So, you'll never turn that bolt without turning the whole bracket, the bracket has been designed in such a way as to prevent that. My suggestion is get the adjustable wrench around the bracket and turn it all as one unit.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Don't hold your breath on tightening this type :(
download/file.php?id=938257&t=1 Swivel connection
In your case the bolt head is clamped by the bracket and there is a nut inside the tube

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

seagull wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:35 pm Don't hold your breath on tightening this type :(
download/file.php?id=938257&t=1 Swivel connection
In your case the bolt head is clamped by the bracket and there is a nut inside the tube

Seagull is correct that there is a nut inside the tube that this part screws into. There is no clearance around the nut to turn it inside the U bracket that we are looking at in your photos. So no tool will turn the bolt.

You may need to turn the bracket or drill into the tubing and insert something like a drift pin, or a steel roll pin that goes to the tube and in to the nut. That would be the only way to stop the nut from turning in my opinion.

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Im in the same boat as my Natsumi's left shoulder joint got loose just 2 days after receiving her. But my vendor made sure to get the silicone glue delivered by my manufacturer.
If your skeleton is Evo a 17mm wrench might do the trick but thats what my manufacture told me to use and showed me a video demonstration.
how to tighten the shoulder joint.mp4
(4.44 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (231.13 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

JBrandt774
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JBrandt774 »

Pussy69 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:53 am Im in the same boat as my Natsumi's left shoulder joint got loose just 2 days after receiving her. But my vendor made sure to get the silicone glue delivered by my manufacturer.
If your skeleton is Evo a 17mm wrench might do the trick but thats what my manufacture told me to use and showed me a video demonstration.
how to tighten the shoulder joint.mp4
unnamed.png
Hello, thanks for the response, but the skeleton on my doll is slightly different, at least in regards to the hardware used. Instead of a regular bolt on the front of the shoulder, my doll's skeleton uses a hex key bolt. Also, the bolt that I have attempted to tighten is in a different location. It's in between some type of U shaped metal bracket. The clearance inside of this bracket, makes it impossible to turn it with a wrench or a socket. Also, the nut appears to be inside of some type of metal tubing, making the nut inaccessible. Thus, it appears that the only possible solution at the moment has already been provided by MinniMagg, which I have yet to actually attempt.

INFORMATIONS