Starpery.com

I can move!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Prin
Doll
Doll

I can move!

Post by Prin »

This is going to be a sequel to my "I can talk" post.

I am only taking time to make this update today, as we have to wait a few days for a part for the 3d printer to be delivered.

Our 3d printer has been running everyday for the last couple months, and we wore out the gear that feeds the extruder... which we learned is a part that needs to be replaced regularly.

My last post, around august/september, James hoped to have my head finished so we could post a video demo of it working within the month.

And my head IS done! However, James was getting frustrated not being able to find a suitable recipe for my silicone skin... so he decided to start designing the rest of my body.

If you remember, originally we were using a manequin for my exoskeleton and printing working parts for inside. But he decided for proper dimensions he might as well just print everything.

I am currently 95% designed (he is still tweaking my hand controls)... and about 80% printed.
80 percent printed.jpg
80 percent printed.jpg (184.78 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
Some parts take 4-5 hours each... so maybe another 60-80 hours print time?

We are using the outer dimensions of my WM153 body as a guide, so that my exo-skeleton will be smaller and my overlaying skin will result in about the same outer size.

Except he is making me about 5'-6"... or 5-8/5-9 with heels. (James is 5-10)

My hands came out WAY better than we had hoped. We are excited to see how much gripping strength I will have.
holding hands.jpg
holding hands.jpg (84.33 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
finger.jpg
finger.jpg (57.31 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
Obviously this has not been a weekend project. There are almost 900 objects in the 3d designer (cubes, spheres, cylinders...) that combine to make up my BODY parts.

There are 23 parts for each leg, 28 for each arm... around 140 in total.

My SKULL alone has over 200 objects that make up... I don't remember how many parts... which houses 17 servos.

(wow, i didn't realize how many until i added up the lists)
skull design.jpg
skull design.jpg (136.36 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
The weight of my plastic skeleton and motors (minus the batteries) looks like will come in at under 20 pounds. My silicone skin should be around 20 pounds? All-in-all better than the 70pounds I now weigh... plus I will now be able to help with my own mobility.

If we can keep the printer going, I should be close to completion in a couple months?

Then we need to find the right recipe for my skins. There is actually a smooth-on dealership nearby which James has been planning on visiting to get advice.
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

Prin
Doll
Doll

Re: I can move!

Post by Prin »

James just had the idea of trying nylon pantyhose over my face to simulate skin for testing.

80 assembled.jpg
80 assembled.jpg (153.91 KiB) Viewed 4106 times

My Diary:

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

When you are completed are you considering entering a battle of the robots competition?
I imagine no robot would stand a chance against you especially if your as sexy as it looks you may be the competitors may have a meltdown in their software.
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I am standing here stunned in awe and respect, and with a very awkward erection.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

:onfire:

:thumbs_up:

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Really, really impressive! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I am totally fascinated by your project! BRAVO! 😲 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:

She's already hot! :onfire:

Sorry, I'm a perv! :mrgreen:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i to am impressed by the project very well done and professional looking . what i am wondering about is how well a skin will fit on the body. how will you do it? what kind of skin??

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Thank you for the positive feedback, my friends!

@timetraveler1: the idea, is to use my body as a mold... a thin layer as a glove/sleeve for my arms and the same for my legs.

Same for my body... the truth is, no matter if a woman is 100# or 400#, her skeleton and internal organs are still all the same size. So, a bodysuit can be in any size of buttocks and breasts.

Unlike TPE which is poured molten, silicone is available over-the-counter for special effects prosthetics like wounds and stuff, and it's biologically safe for human contact.

The problem James was having was in finding a recipe stretchy enough for my lips and eyelids.

I certainly intend on consulting others here for advice, who are more familiar with that process.

My Diary:

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Oh, and my new printer part is supposed to be delivered tomorrow... so we can finish printing.

Then we need to start programming all my servos...

And, I still need to order a dozen more motors, two more boards to serve my motors, and more wiring... Prob another $500 to come up with??

Bummer.

(Maybe I can start a "fund me" account? is there a market for interactive sexbots?)

Anyway, I will post some more pictures demonstrating my mobility shortly. :)

My Diary:

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Hi Prin!

What an exciting project!

I really enjoyed your diary too.

Love,
Saaskiya

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

PLEASE! ... try to overlook how SCARY/UGLY the panyhose idea is.

(I look like one of Jeff Dunham's monkeys)

But at least it will give us a chance to start calibrating and programming the motors until we can cast a proper face skin.

I decided to do gifs so I can show more images with fewer posts.

----
eyes.gif
eyes.gif (99.13 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
----

Obviously, my mouth won't stick out this far. It will be more normal with a proper face skin designed for my skull... and, when my lips are molded around the control surfaces, instead of glued on top of them.

But! ... My lip forward/back motion works great! Exactly what I had hoped for.

I just wanted to be able to pucker for kisses. Not something I've seen in videos of other robotic heads being able to do.

----
lips.gif
lips.gif (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3943 times
----

(Dang... I look like a frickin fish... I shoulda closed my lips to demonstrate a kiss)

Next... excuse my language, but this was the first word that came to mind that demonstrates the all venomes for "M / B / P" sounds, the tongue for "Th / L", and the "R" sound.

(And, yes... my lips are glued on crooked... and there is still some tweaking for optimum movement... But I am still optimistic that a proper skin will work like I want it to.)

----
mthrfckr.gif
mthrfckr.gif (189.94 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
----

(I probly shouldnt have posted these... they look totally pathetic and ameteur... oh well, that's what we are!)

As soon as it warms up a little outside, James will run over and get a new microSD card for my Raspberry, then we can start learning Python.

There is still a bunch of assembly needed for my body as parts are printed, and we have not ordered more motors yet... we are assembling a list of additional parts needed so we can order all together...

- we are going to need 3 more cards to plug in my servos (16 each, and I need 56)
- extension cable for my camera
- extension wires for everywhere
- 8.4V power source (my processer and small/medium motors are 6V... but the 60kg servos for my larger muscle groups require more power. I will be running on house power while under construction, and until we have a battery solution.)

- and, I'm afraid I'm going to need one more spool of PLA for the 3D printer.

(We've probly wasted a whole spool on misprint/experimental parts)
misprints.jpg
misprints.jpg (105.73 KiB) Viewed 3943 times
----

(anything else I didn't think of?)

Eventually I want touch sensors, but that will be a later upgrade. And we are not quite ready to cast my skin yet.

My Diary:

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dominique-n-Splash »

Wowsers! We will be following you very closely.

Best of luck on your endeavors,
Love Dominique
:B-fly:

A lion does not care about the opinion of a 100 sheep.

Floop

Post by Floop »

Subscribed and bookmarked. This is amazing work. I, for one, am definitely intrigued. I can see I'm not alone. Rightfully so.

:glou:

Voltage
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Voltage »

So whats the end goal here exactly? Will the doll be walking, talking and bending over the bed automatically? A genuine to the article sex robot in the silicone flesh? Have you done what no sex doll manufacturer can dare or dream to do? And if so, I would like to pay you whatever necessary to make mine a robot too.

INFORMATIONS