Starpery.com

Clothing and color bleed?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mikesdk

Clothing and color bleed?

Post by Mikesdk »

Got a few questions about clothing since it seems to be an issue with stains from color bleeds to dolls, i am still waiting on my first one which is a full silicone doll, i heard silicone stain a little less but can still stain, some say buy quality clothings or used clothes from drift stores, but thats not going to happen in my case.

After i found aliekspess and saw the prices on there i might have gone a little nuts and proberly bought i dunno like 60+ items from panties to dresses and such, prices are proberly the cheapest you can ever find from just 1$ up to like 30$, so not what people would call good quality clothing but i am still completely surprised by how good they look and feel, alot of it does feel like good quality even though prices are stupidly low, maybe thats normal for made in china i dunno still trying to rap my head around that, but in any case about color bleeds onto dolls.

How do you see when a clothing item bleeds color?
Reason i ask is after buying so much cheap stuff i expected the worst but all ive done is throw it into the washing machine on 40 degrees once without dryer and just hang it up to dry after, then i tried to do a hand wash on the black and red clothings and all the water stayed clear which seems weird from what ive been reading about cheap clothes and color bleeds.

How big of a problem is this really?
How hard is it to remove stains from silicone? heard it somehow goes away on its own in a 2 weeks or so?
Zelex Scarlett/Astra inspiration 170 viewtopic.php?t=163243

n3o7

Re: Clothing and color bleed?

Post by n3o7 »

Same story with me, I've spent like hundreds of dollars on AliExpress for my doll.
I learnt the hard way with the stain from dark clothing.

Now I wash them at least 4 cycles before I put them on her, no more stains.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Look up a product named "Retayne" it's made by G&K Craft Industries. It does not "fix" the dye, nothing can do that post processing, but it does rinse out all the unfixed dye. Follow the instructions.

I wash all my AliExpress clothes in it. And have had very good luck.
I also purchased a number of white or suntan nylon stockings / bodysuits to wear underneath. Plus white tank tops and Leggings.

It all helps avoid the stain.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

You pretty much want to keep her away from dark clothing at least she can wear them a couple of hours or less for photo shoots. I’ll have to try out AliExpress myself since EBay can be a bit expensive just for 1 satin white panty. Sellers tend to spice up the price based on brand despite it being used. Although they do have good deals on panty-lots only problem is that they come with dark colored ones lol
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

limedoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by limedoll »

I’ve been learning the hard way. Since receiving our tpe doll last September, I’ve had at least 3 episodes of staining. Even after 4 washes in hot cycle. I am currently working on a couple bad stains from last weekend. I knew not leave her in the outfit, but forgot she was standing there. All my research and trial and error has at least taught me the removal process. It’s a slow go of it, but you can recover. It appears to me that the baby oil soaking on the stain draws it into the tpe and eventually it dissipates. We even used a cheap black lipstick last Halloween and it turned her lips black. I was mortified thinking it would never come out. But behold! Her lips are perfectly green again!

Mikesdk

Post by Mikesdk »

n3o7 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:00 am Same story with me, I've spent like hundreds of dollars on AliExpress for my doll.
I learnt the hard way with the stain from dark clothing.

Now I wash them at least 4 cycles before I put them on her, no more stains.
Guess its trial by error, maybe i should give them another couple of washes although i dont see any color in the water when i did a hand wash, maybe ill trow in a white sock in the washing machine to see what happens with that :)
RevJack wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 am Look up a product named "Retayne" it's made by G&K Craft Industries. It does not "fix" the dye, nothing can do that post processing, but it does rinse out all the unfixed dye. Follow the instructions.

I wash all my AliExpress clothes in it. And have had very good luck.
I also purchased a number of white or suntan nylon stockings / bodysuits to wear underneath. Plus white tank tops and Leggings.

It all helps avoid the stain.

Reverend Jack
Thanks for the info ill look that up, better safe then sorry :)
Pussy69 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:22 am You pretty much want to keep her away from dark clothing at least she can wear them a couple of hours or less for photo shoots. I’ll have to try out AliExpress myself since EBay can be a bit expensive just for 1 satin white panty. Sellers tend to spice up the price based on brand despite it being used. Although they do have good deals on panty-lots only problem is that they come with dark colored ones lol
You really should try it man, this was one of the first things i bought on aliexpress in white https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002 ... f19cxnFaTU
it was just like the photo, the fabric is thick and feels great and cost was 4$ just blows my mind.....shipping was like 11$ allmost 3 times of what the dress costs funny stuff....was worth every $...just hoping it will fit my doll when i get it but it will be the first one i try i think :)
limedoll wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:57 pm I’ve been learning the hard way. Since receiving our tpe doll last September, I’ve had at least 3 episodes of staining. Even after 4 washes in hot cycle. I am currently working on a couple bad stains from last weekend. I knew not leave her in the outfit, but forgot she was standing there. All my research and trial and error has at least taught me the removal process. It’s a slow go of it, but you can recover. It appears to me that the baby oil soaking on the stain draws it into the tpe and eventually it dissipates. We even used a cheap black lipstick last Halloween and it turned her lips black. I was mortified thinking it would never come out. But behold! Her lips are perfectly green again!
Not sure if that would work on a silicone doll? dont think it would soak in like with TPE.

limedoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by limedoll »

Not sure if that would work on a silicone doll? dont think it would soak in like with TPE.
[/quote]

Oh! My bad…I totally didn’t notice you had a silicone doll.

I’ll probably be asking the same questions one day.

NJ_dollyparton

Post by NJ_dollyparton »

I'll be watching this thread to see if anything does come up as well. I had bought some Walmart black stockings and gave them two washes in the sink with some laundry detergent and considered it "Good enough" for my silicone doll (Irontech 162cm body). I'd seen a thread, can't remember where, of an owner who kept his in black stockings without issue, so I did that with mine.

I did notice at first some visible "banding" on the top of the thighs from the silicone stay-up at the top but didn't think too much of it. It was only faintly visible, and I'm still not quite sure what it was. Maybe some of the glossiness was rubbed off or something. Then I rolled up the tops and kept her in them.

About a day later, she has these faint, dark bands at the top of her thighs. 8O

Panicking a little bit, I rolled off the stockings and put the batch into the sink to wash an additional 4 for 6 washes in total. They're drying now. I did try hand soap + sponge bath which didn't work, and I tried a firm rubbing with my bare hand which... removed some of the body paint (so she has an off-white, cream colored oval at the top of one thigh, a bit like the whitish look when a part of your body has been under pressure for too long but before the blood comes back) but didn't affect the stain... which seems weird to me, but okay.

Here is a picture of it this morning. It's very faint, so you'll notice it better if you stand away from your monitor not closer to it (depending on the monitor of course). It's more visible in real life. I'm also not 100% sure it didn't stain her legs since they seem faintly if noticeably darker than her upper thighs.
My Irontech "Vina": viewtopic.php?t=166197

NJ_dollyparton

Post by NJ_dollyparton »

So all I'd have to say right now is it's better to be safe than sorry. If not used (and still would wash at least once just because of thrift store "who knows where it's been"), learn from my mistake (as small as it is): wash it ~7 times (if not white/light) and don't let impatience get the better of you.

FastEddie68

Post by FastEddie68 »

I've got 1 stained girl who is beyond sorting out so I allow her to wear black now, no matter how many washes I will never put dark colours on my other 2.
The stained doll even got it in the elbow, outfit was wash about 4 times and still got a big stain on bum both cheeks and upper thigh, forearm and inner elbow.

No fool proof way to stop staining really should play it safe with a new doll stay away from dark colours.

Mikesdk

Post by Mikesdk »

By the sound of all this its starting to feel scary, ive got some black and red items that ive only washed in machine once and then a hand wash, but think ill go trow it into another machine wash or two or 5 just in case, still supprises me that they stain pretty easily.....

Stocking lover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Stocking lover »

For really stubborn stains u could try v and p naphtha
Sold in the paint section in Home Depot . Be carful with it . It’s very strong and can make the tpe melt

NJ_dollyparton

Post by NJ_dollyparton »

Mikesdk wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:29 am By the sound of all this its starting to feel scary, ive got some black and red items that ive only washed in machine once and then a hand wash, but think ill go trow it into another machine wash or two or 5 just in case, still supprises me that they stain pretty easily.....
I concur. I was a bit surprised that it stained that easily myself, especially with silicone, but I'd known that was a risk and ignored it. Let the little head do all the thinking and bad things happen. :whistle:

Fortunately for me it's not that big of a deal because it's very faint, might come off "on its own" (e.g. with use is how I interpret it), and I like thigh high stockings anyway, so whatever staining happens/happened will usually be covered up. It seems fainter today than it did when I first noticed it, but I do see her lower legs are darker than her thighs, so the staining is across the entire leg. She's in white stockings now not just because they're supposedly not going to stain (since there's no such thing as "white dye" in this regard, just bleached fabric) but also because white is my second favorite lingerie color. Still a bummer personally since I'm trying to keep her in as good condition as possible, for a first time doll owner, on the off chance I decide to rehome her.

Anyway, while I don't have a lot of doll experience, I do have experience dealing with anxiety and unknowns. Ultimately I think it comes down to a risk vs. effort calculation which is going to vary for everybody. If you had to ask me, I'd say it comes down to how much of a risk you're willing to take, and given it's your first doll (and as someone who just did this to his first silicone doll, I can understand), I imagine you'd want to be overly cautious in which case I think you can strike a balance by washing the clothes as many times as you feel comfortable doing and leaving them on for as short a time as possible. This minimizes the risk of staining while still letting you enjoy what you enjoy. If you can find lingerie that is lighter colors that is acceptable to you (since red and black are definitely the ones most warned about here), that might be better for "long-term" wear.

Part of the reason I had this experience is I want to leave my girl in stockings 24/7, so it was a risk I was willing to take.

Also some advice I saw and espouse is if you happen to have old clothes and/or are willing to go to thrift stores and get some good finds (and learn to manage the awkwardness of being that one guy pawing women's underwear and shoes, like I had to recently), they have the lowest chance of staining. My old, barely hanging-in-there ankle socks didn't affect her feet at all (minus lint), and my experience over the past few days of going thrifting is nobody really said anything. I can't say whether I got weird glances or not because I don't make eye contact in general and my brain just forgets anything eye related (it's kinda weird like that), but the only thing that happened to me was the cashier wondering why one-piece swimsuits weren't in fashion anymore.

Your mileage may vary along with how comfortable (or not) you are with it, but if you'd asked me a week ago whether I'd have been caught dead in thrift stores looking for women's shoes, swimsuits, and bras I'd have told you to get bent. Now I just don't care, because I'm doing it for my girl.

The little head does funny things like that. Just spent the morning carefully looking at bolts, washers, and screw caps to protect her stockings and shoes from the bolts and protect her feet from the bolts too. Never saw myself doing that.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wash those black stockings a few more times. :shakefist: :mrgreen: :lol:

newguy22
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by newguy22 »

Hi, I am new to TDF and have been learning a lot about dolls and look forward to my first purchase soon. I am also curious, does the material of the clothing matter? For example, cotton vs spandex vs polyester, does one cause staining more than others? Thanks!

Mikesdk

Post by Mikesdk »

NJ_dollyparton wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:19 pm I concur. I was a bit surprised that it stained that easily myself, especially with silicone, but I'd known that was a risk and ignored it. Let the little head do all the thinking and bad things happen. :whistle:

Anyway, while I don't have a lot of doll experience, I do have experience dealing with anxiety and unknowns. Ultimately I think it comes down to a risk vs. effort calculation which is going to vary for everybody.

Your mileage may vary along with how comfortable (or not) you are with it, but if you'd asked me a week ago whether I'd have been caught dead in thrift stores looking for women's shoes, swimsuits, and bras I'd have told you to get bent. Now I just don't care, because I'm doing it for my girl.

The little head does funny things like that. Just spent the morning carefully looking at bolts, washers, and screw caps to protect her stockings and shoes from the bolts and protect her feet from the bolts too. Never saw myself doing that.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wash those black stockings a few more times. :shakefist: :mrgreen: :lol:
I also know quite a bit when it comes to anxiety, but thats not what would stop me from going to thrift stores, i dont even care what people would think or the looks one might get, kinda thought it was funny when i went to buy my very first tampons while looking like a huge questionmark, but i just cant buy used clothing especially when it comes to lingerie its just not an option for me.

And your absolutly right about thinking with the worng head.....and add not knowing anything about dolls being first time owner is starting to be scary since i also want to keep it in great shape since i plan to do alot of photoshoots and big black marks on doll could ruin that.

Ive never been a fan of the bolts under the feet so i made sure to get standing feets no bolts which is one feture that a doll has to have for me to buy it.

I did do another machine wash yesterday with the red items, i put in a white sock and i got a "nice" pink sock in return.....so yeah ill be doing quite a few more washes over the next week....

INFORMATIONS