Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Current production time.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Current production time.

Post by TJ_Foxx »

AnonViking wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:36 pm Hi

I am curious how wait times are for other products other than full dolls. I am thinking about ordering an additional face-x for my doll, but I don't know if wait times are 1 month or 10 months.
Faces and accessories have shorter wait times. Your best bet is to send an email to Sam sales@realdoll.com to get information
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:07 pm

I am curious how wait times are for other products other than full dolls. I am thinking about ordering an additional face-x for my doll, but I don't know if wait times are 1 month or 10 months.
Faces and accessories have shorter wait times. Your best bet is to send an email to Sam sales@realdoll.com to get information
I did that, let's see if I get a reply :)

Gone are the days when customer support was so great that when I sent a email about minor repairs they would give me a phone call the next day, and send me a repair package free of charge within days. :roll:

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

Well had quite the chat with Sam today. For reference i e-mailed and he replied in 6 days. The guy is swamped but still getting shit done. Anyone complaining Abyss/Sam don't reply is incorrect. What i will say is people aren't checking their e-mails (inc spam folder), not answering the phone or not checking their voicemails or its full. (i don't pick up on random numbers either. So when he called i cancelled it. He e-mailed me a minute later sayin 'hey i just tried calling and it dropped". I called and he picked up.

Anyway they have 160ish doll orders atm and still having supplier issues getting silicone. Not only that but are down to 12 albeit skilled staff. There are a few hopeful things on the horizon that should bring lead times back into this solar system but won't know definitively for a couple months. Currently a new order is probably 1.5 years out but even that can/should change as much can occur in that time. Even my order which is at 13 months can't be ironed down to an exact time. So thats where we are. I want what i want (the best) so im gonna be patient. Also take it easy on Sam the guy gets the worst treatment you can imagine being in customer service.

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

Maybe hire a second customer service rep?

dylan10200125
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dylan10200125 »

jca wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:00 pm Maybe hire a second customer service rep?
They did. Sam calls he "his partner in crime." That's why emails and phone calls have been responded to more frequently. It also help if people didn't flood his emails everyday.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Lynxz wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:15 pm Well had quite the chat with Sam today. For reference i e-mailed and he replied in 6 days. The guy is swamped but still getting shit done. Anyone complaining Abyss/Sam don't reply is incorrect. What i will say is people aren't checking their e-mails (inc spam folder), not answering the phone or not checking their voicemails or its full. (i don't pick up on random numbers either. So when he called i cancelled it. He e-mailed me a minute later sayin 'hey i just tried calling and it dropped". I called and he picked up.

Anyway they have 160ish doll orders atm and still having supplier issues getting silicone. Not only that but are down to 12 albeit skilled staff. There are a few hopeful things on the horizon that should bring lead times back into this solar system but won't know definitively for a couple months. Currently a new order is probably 1.5 years out but even that can/should change as much can occur in that time. Even my order which is at 13 months can't be ironed down to an exact time. So thats where we are. I want what i want (the best) so im gonna be patient. Also take it easy on Sam the guy gets the worst treatment you can imagine being in customer service.

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

AnonViking wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:34 pm

Gone are the days when customer support was so great that when I sent a email about minor repairs they would give me a phone call the next day, and send me a repair package free of charge within days. :roll:

The labor market and supply chains have been crippled, and the cost of doing business has gone up immensely in the last four years. No company is doing business as they did 5 or 10 years ago; it just isn't possible. Especially a small business with a specific market. Maybe we need to manage our expectations.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

dylan10200125 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:10 pm
jca wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:00 pm Maybe hire a second customer service rep?
They did. Sam calls he "his partner in crime." That's why emails and phone calls have been responded to more frequently. It also help if people didn't flood his emails everyday.
Good to hear that they hired another cs guy. I did feel bad for Sam when I was talking to him before and shortly after I placed my order.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Wolfr1997
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wolfr1997 »

I sent a service request after the lead time estimate of 8-10 months expired. I’ve been waiting for a reply to my enquiry for a pouring date estimate for 7 weeks. Still nothing.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:54 pm

The labor market and supply chains have been crippled, and the cost of doing business has gone up immensely in the last four years. No company is doing business as they did 5 or 10 years ago; it just isn't possible. Especially a small business with a specific market. Maybe we need to manage our expectations.
I understand. But, I sent email Nov 5th, no reply a month later. That has nothing to do with shortages of materials. It has something to do with shortage of something else, interest in doing business. If you're not interested in your customers, the customers won't be interested in you. I love Abyss, and I have two realdolls, but it feels like they don't exist anymore if I can't contact them, if I can't contact them, I can't order anything from them.

I sent an email to another doll maker, in China, I got a reply within 24 hours.
I've also ordered a 4woods silicone doll 1 year ago and there was no problem in making that doll, contacting them, or anything else, had a dialog of probably 50 emails over 2 months with them and always answered promptly. If Abyss can't answer 1 email in 1 month, that's a goner for me.

And it isn't a new thing, or one off. I also sent an email in January 28th, but no reply still.

Maybe Abyss just needs to move to China if it wants to make dolls.

So no, those are Abyss specific problems, not mainstream problems.

Wonder if I'll be able to receive a new faceX for my Julia that will be 10 years old in 2025.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Wolfr1997 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:41 pm I sent a service request after the lead time estimate of 8-10 months expired. I’ve been waiting for a reply to my enquiry for a pouring date estimate for 7 weeks. Still nothing.
What email address did you contact? Did you email a second time?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

AnonViking wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm

I understand. But, I sent email Nov 5th, no reply a month later. That has nothing to do with shortages of materials. It has something to do with shortage of something else, interest in doing business. If you're not interested in your customers, the customers won't be interested in you. I love Abyss, and I have two realdolls, but it feels like they don't exist anymore if I can't contact them, if I can't contact them, I can't order anything from them.

I've also ordered a xxx silicone doll 1 year ago and there was no problem in making that doll, contacting them, or anything else, had a dialog of probably 50 emails over 2 months with them and always answered promptly. If Abyss can't answer 1 email in 1 month, that's a goner for me.

And it isn't a new thing, or one off. I also sent an email in January 28th, but no reply still.

Wonder if I'll be able to receive a new faceX for my Julia that will be 10 years old in 2025.
I am not sure I understand the point of this. You sent an email never tried again, knowing that Sam is one person who is handling sales, and you are upset? I think you might need to catch up on what the supply chain and labor market issues are in the United States. Abyss is working at the full new factory in Las Vegas. Abyss had 25-30 employees in San Marcos, Ca. Due to finding and retaining employees in Las Vegas, they are at about 15-20 at any given time. This includes the artists, production staff, and admins like Sam. That is about 50% staffing with the same work load. Can you understand that this is also one of the reasons for longer wait times, since Abyss is not one to skimp or overlook quality? Add on the silicone shortages and supply chain challenges, which add to the delays.

FWIW I just spoke with Sam on the phone today; he called me to give me an update on my VIP order.

We all wish you well with your new doll(s) but let's keep things in perspective.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:18 pm
AnonViking wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm

I've also ordered a xxx silicone doll 1 year ago and there was no problem in making that doll, contacting them, or anything else, had a dialog of probably 50 emails over 2 months with them and always answered promptly. If Abyss can't answer 1 email in 1 month, that's a goner for me.

I am not sure I understand the point of this. You sent an email never tried again, knowing that Sam is one person who is handling sales, and you are upset? I think you might need to catch up on what the supply chain and labor market issues are in the United States. Abyss is working at the full new factory in Las Vegas. Abyss had 25-30 employees in San Marcos, Ca. Due to finding and retaining employees in Las Vegas, they are at about 15-20 at any given time. This includes the artists, production staff, and admins like Sam. That is about 50% staffing with the same work load. Can you understand that this is also one of the reasons for longer wait times, since Abyss is not one to skimp or overlook quality? Add on the silicone shortages and supply chain challenges, which add to the delays.

FWIW I just spoke with Sam on the phone today; he called me to give me an update on my VIP order.

We all wish you well with your new doll(s) but let's keep things in perspective.
I do get automatic response when I sent to sales@realdoll.com, and an id for the request. But no follow up. So I'm not sending into some blackhole :D
I will try again in the new year, and apparently have to be aggressive, using phone even!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

AnonViking wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:26 am I do get automatic response when I sent to sales@realdoll.com, and an id for the request. But no follow up. So I'm not
I will try again in the new year, and apparently have to be aggressive, using phone even!
Maybe there is a translation issue as aggressive isn’t necessarily the word I’d use here. Aggression isn’t going to help you get a reply. Perhaps try being polite & supportive. Following up is being responsible. Everyone here knows the situation & I hope no one is being being rude to Sam because of it.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Aggressive doesn't have to mean angry or violent, it also has a meaning of "proactive".

INFORMATIONS