realsexdoll.com

Greetings! from a newbie...and a question...HELP!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Greetings! from a newbie...and a question...HELP!

Post by koaplayer1998 »

I am new here to TDF, as I am soon expecting the arrival of my girl (first-ever purchase). I am enjoying all of the knowledgeable, experienced folks here, who are able to guide people like me who need A LOT of help and guidance at the start.

So, while I have been anxiously awaiting her arrival, I am trying to prepare for it, getting what little things I can, including looking at, but holding off from buying clothing until she arrives and I can be more certain of what sizes she'll need. I am also gathering the essentials needed for her cleaning and care. Understandably since I have made this investment and commitment, I want to do everything right. Which leads to my question.....it seems almost universally that baby oil gets recommended here, as an after-cleaning essential. Some say also use Vaseline to key areas. HOWEVER, the following, copied and pasted here directly the manufacturer's website, says this:

SEX DOLL CARE
If you have made the investment in a sex doll, the first thing you should do is learn how to clean and maintain it. This is a crucial aspect in owning a sex doll as well as preserving the longevity and durability of your sex doll. Here is some helpful information that will help you take care of your sex doll and ensure that the quality and longevity is long-lasting.

CLEANING YOUR SEX DOLL
One of the most important things that you can do for your sex doll is to clean it thoroughly after each use. Even if you don’t find yourself using your sex doll that often, you should clean it with the proper methods every 2-4 weeks to ensure the material stays durable.

To get the best results when cleaning your sex doll, you should use antibacterial soap and warm water. The proper method for cleaning a sex doll is to massage the surface of the doll with the soap, warm water, and antibacterial soap. To do this, use a clean sponge and be firm but gentle. You might also elect to clean your doll in the bath or shower, which will be equally as effective.

One situation to avoid when cleaning your sex doll is allowing the neck and head area of the doll to become too wet. A wet environment that is not properly cleaned on your doll can easily cause rust on the doll. If the head and neck do become wet during your washing, be sure to quickly dry and clean that area. Avoid using soaps that would be considered abrasives and other non-specialized cleaning product.

DRYING YOUR SEX DOLL
After you have cleaned your sex doll, the next step is to dry your sex doll. Drying your sex doll completely after the cleaning is crucially important to prevent any potential damage of your doll. To clean your sex doll, be sure to pat it dry gently with a soft cloth. After the pat dry, you can allow your doll to air dry before you put it away. Avoid using materials and tools such as hard sponges, brushes, or wire wool to clean your sex doll. These are known to easily cause damage.

Always use a patting motion when you are cleaning your doll. Avoid “rubbing” the doll with a towel, as this is bad for the surface of your down. Once you are able to dry the doll, it is recommended to apply talcum powder to the body of the doll. It is important to note that you should not apply the talcum powder while the doll is still wet. Talcum powder helps to preserve the skin of the doll and ensure that the doll lasts longer. It is recommended to use talcum powder on your doll every two weeks.

It is not recommended to apply any other type of chemical or substance to your doll, including those that contain a fragrance.

HELP!!!!

So, I get it that baby powder is an essential. From extensive research and reading here on TDF, I also had thought baby oil was the same. There is no mention of it in the above instructions and, in fact, they say "It is not recommended to apply any other type of chemical or substance to your doll, including those that contain a fragrance" in the last line above!

As I stated before, I just want to be as best prepared as I can. If anyone would like to view the full "care" page that I pulled that from, it can be found here:
https://www.fire-doll.com/sex-doll-care

I look forward to any replies and thank (in advance) everyone who reads and responds to this.

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Greetings! from a newbie...and a question...HELP!

Post by Pussy69 »

From my 1st TPE experience thus far I applied cocoa shea butter baby oil (fragrance) on my doll after a full body wash when she arrived to help remove the smell as well. So far I'm not experiencing any degrading effects to her skin.
I believe ppl say not to use fragrance baby oil just to be safe of not knowing any possible reactions that will occur to tpe material. As you listed above just follow every instructions and you'll be fine.

You don't have to use baby oil everytime after a full wash just only when she arrives and then you can decide an oil schedule yourself like twice a month or once every 2 months. If her skin is still tacky for whatever reason after applying powder then you may need to re-wash her and apply the oil.

When theres dirt on her that's hard to remove- baby oil can help with that. Baby powder is what you'll use the most after any type of cleaning full body or a quick wash up.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

Pussy69 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:09 pm From my 1st TPE experience thus far I applied cocoa shea butter baby oil (fragrance) on my doll after a full body wash when she arrived to help remove the smell as well. So far I'm not experiencing any degrading effects to her skin.
I believe ppl say not to use fragrance baby oil just to be safe of not knowing any possible reactions that will occur to tpe material. As you listed above just follow every instructions and you'll be fine.

You don't have to use baby oil everytime after a full wash just only when she arrives and then you can decide an oil schedule yourself like twice a month or once every 2 months. If her skin is still tacky for whatever reason after applying powder then you may need to re-wash her and apply the oil.

When theres dirt on her that's hard to remove- baby oil can help with that. Baby powder is what you'll use the most after any type of cleaning full body or a quick wash up.
Thanks for your response! What concerns me is that their instructions seem to say NOT to use anything else like baby oil. That's my dilemma!

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

If I'm not mistaken the caution for fragrance is due to most containing alcohol.

and don't overdo it with the baby oil either, she's brand new so go slow :)

also, don't let water get in through the neck bolt.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

koaplayer1998
The following Kimber guide is in good English :)
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0025/ ... 1613947074

Some of the newer dolls don't need oiling for about a year or more after arrival, depends a bit on the environment but mostly the type of blend used in manufacture
If a clean dry doll is showing sign of the surface getting rough, then it's time for an oil massage

Powdering is often done with a sock containing powder and gently tamping it on the doll, then with a good makeup brush, work it until all visual signs of powder has disappeared and the surface feels silky smooth :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Do be aware that massaging a doll with oil will have a direct impact on your desire to take it into fun times :whistle:

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

skinnygamer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:21 pm If I'm not mistaken the caution for fragrance is due to most containing alcohol.

and don't overdo it with the baby oil either, she's brand new so go slow :)

also, don't let water get in through the neck bolt.
Thanks much for your reply and suggestions! I really love that folks are so helpful to newbies here.

Yeah, I get the idea of fragrance containing alcohol, but even regular baby powder contains under 1% fragrance (same with baby oil), it's simply hard to find a quality fragrance-free one here in the U.S., based on a cursory search that I did. But my issue wasn't so much with that part of the equation - it was the fact that the doll manufacturer did NOT advise anything other than powder, with NO mention of mineral/baby oil...and, in fact, they specifically said in their care instructions: "It is not recommended to apply any other type of chemical or substance to your doll."
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

seagull wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:44 pm Do be aware that massaging a doll with oil will have a direct impact on your desire to take it into fun times :whistle:
I can understand that!!!
:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

seagull wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:42 pm koaplayer1998
The following Kimber guide is in good English :)
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0025/ ... 1613947074

Some of the newer dolls don't need oiling for about a year or more after arrival, depends a bit on the environment but mostly the type of blend used in manufacture
If a clean dry doll is showing sign of the surface getting rough, then it's time for an oil massage

Powdering is often done with a sock containing powder and gently tamping it on the doll, then with a good makeup brush, work it until all visual signs of powder has disappeared and the surface feels silky smooth :)
Thanks so much for you helpful feedback, as well as the link to that care guide. I really love that people are so helpful here, it's certainly a new world to discover when you get your first one! The sock is a great idea, I already obtained the makeup brush, ironically, Amazon delivered it earlier today.

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Probably bc baby oil isn’t as important towards the powder. That’s why most ppl advise using oil once or twice a year. TPE will be fine with just powder. I noticed in my doll’s instructions among the cleaning section it never mentioned baby oil either.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

Pussy69 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:42 pm Probably bc baby oil isn’t as important towards the powder. That’s why most ppl advise using oil once or twice a year. TPE will be fine with just powder. I noticed in my doll’s instructions among the cleaning section it never mentioned baby oil either.
I appreciate your input. I was wondering what was up with everyone talking about oil treatments and the instructions not mentioning a thing about it and seemingly discouraging use of anything else like it.

INFORMATIONS