betterlovedoll.com

Arachne the Domesticated Drow

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Arachne the Domesticated Drow

Post by agent0013 »

October 2023!

Cat A: Dolls and Dance
Arachne in "Nedeirra"

Arachne - Dolls and Dance.jpg
Arachne - Dolls and Dance.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 432 times

Arachne missed many things about her home, Menzoberranzan. The nedeirra, a party where the guests would dance to the wild rhythms of drums and pipes until they made a mistake or collapsed from exhaustion, was one of them. She had to admit that humans did have an interesting selection of music and some of them certainly had the energy to make her want to move her body, but the competition was lacking. "Agent, it's only been one song! Get up!"

This was the infamous shoot where Arachne fell. I'd come up with an incredibly ambitious idea to do a fancy dance move with her being held over my head. I had an idea to make the logistics of such a feat more reasonable and after realizing that it wasn't going to work out I made the mistake of leaving her balanced on a stool. She seemed safe enough and I don't know if the layers of fabric in her dress slipped or the silicone in her beautiful butt shifted, but something caused her to shift and lose balance. After recovering from that I scaled back my risk to basically zero. Hidden under her dress is the stool she's sitting on... Even though this is my least favorite photo shoot because of the accident I'm still pretty pleased with how the photo turned out. Here you can see the mark on her shoulder caused by her fall.

Cat B: A Woman's Touch
Arachne the Domestic Drow in "A Healthy Meal"

Arachne - A Woman's Touch.jpg
Arachne - A Woman's Touch.jpg (3.23 MiB) Viewed 432 times

"You never eat well enough, Agent. You've had a long day at work. Sit down and relax. I'll have a fresh meal ready for you in no time."

Yep, this was the origin of the name of this thread!

Cat C: Exercise

Arachne pedalling fast.gif
Arachne pedalling fast.gif (7.61 MiB) Viewed 432 times

This gif still makes me chuckle. I forget how many frames went into this gif but my goal was to get very smooth movement by having a high framerate. I spent a lot of time doing the movements and taking the photos but I was so focused on making the movement of her legs smooth that I ignored the rest of her! As a result her body is flopping all over, but I'm still pretty proud of the leg movement!

Cat D: Stars and Planets
Arachne in "It Burns!"

Arachne in It Burns.jpg
Arachne in It Burns.jpg (694.8 KiB) Viewed 432 times

POV: You're a drow on the surface for the first time. I spent a lot of time trying to think of what to do with this theme before I came up with this idea. Just drow things, I guess. It didn't do very well in voting but I had fun making it.

UK: Dynamic Portrait - Eyes
Arachne in "You Know What You Did"

Arachne in You Know What You Did.jpg
Arachne in You Know What You Did.jpg (4.5 MiB) Viewed 432 times

“...And now you must pay the price."

Oh, I do love this photo!
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

Very cool.
Some great pictures.
The movement is scary good. I think this is very realistic body movement. I was shocked for a sec when I first saw this. Most gifs have that ...well, that gif look. This took a lot of work.
Something I haven't tried is animation software with tweening functions for gifs. Always wanted to use that to try to soften the transition between frames.
Nice work.
Sorry about her fall.
Glad it wasn't worse. I know it hurts when that happens.
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

The dynamic eyes pose with her sword is still a great photo!

I think it was on the last page, but the gif of Arachne driving the car is probably the best doll gif I've ever seen with a full size lady!

peachplumpear

Post by peachplumpear »

I love how creative you are. The gifs are incredibly convincing… maybe you should try your hand at proper stop-motion work as a personal project sometime.

I also love the wig with the Shadowheart bangs lol. It’s fun to have a drow doll on TDF! If only you could go to Menzoberranzan with her for a visit. :)

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Excellent work Agent!

Boy, I sure know what you mean by having over ambitious plans! I’ve done my best to forget the foolish risks I’ve taken and the damages that have resulted. I’ve found it significantly better for my mental health to just accept that injuries happens to the girls because I love my them, and they inspire me to do amazing things… not because I’m an idiot… 😵‍💫

Keep up the amazing stuff!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

MX-V wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:41 am Very cool.
Some great pictures.
The movement is scary good. I think this is very realistic body movement. I was shocked for a sec when I first saw this. Most gifs have that ...well, that gif look. This took a lot of work.
Something I haven't tried is animation software with tweening functions for gifs. Always wanted to use that to try to soften the transition between frames.
Nice work.
Sorry about her fall.
Glad it wasn't worse. I know it hurts when that happens.
Thanks MX!

The program I've been using (Photoscape, per Willendorph's tutorial) only allows for fades between images but its a transition setting and the time can't be changed so it's only useful sometimes. It's gotten me this far but maybe it's time to upgrade my gif game? I'd never heard of tweening before now. Sounds interesting!

She's a tough girl! It was a learning experience that could have been much worse and she'll only be safer in the future because of it.

Willendorph wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 am The dynamic eyes pose with her sword is still a great photo!

I think it was on the last page, but the gif of Arachne driving the car is probably the best doll gif I've ever seen with a full size lady!
Thank you! I love that one too. I've thought about getting more photos printed and I think that one would make the list of possibilities.

Thank you even more! At that point I'd wanted to take a picture of Arachne in the driver's seat and that contest let me take that want to a level I probably wouldn't have otherwise. The only downside is you can't print a gif and hang it on the wall!

peachplumpear wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:54 am I love how creative you are. The gifs are incredibly convincing… maybe you should try your hand at proper stop-motion work as a personal project sometime.

I also love the wig with the Shadowheart bangs lol. It’s fun to have a drow doll on TDF! If only you could go to Menzoberranzan with her for a visit. :)
Thank you, peachplumpear! Proper stop motion? Like a short film? Gosh, I don't know if I have the patience for something like that! I definitely lack the equipment to do it properly. But who knows? In the past year I've done a lot of things I never thought I'd do!

Arachne came before Shadowheart! lol. I haven't played BG3 yet, but as soon as I see it on sale on Steam I plan to pick it up and make Arachne in it.

I haven't noticed you post in Arachne's threads before so if you like drow be sure to check out her story thread too (link in signature), as well as Willendorph's Nymeria which was the inspiration that led to Arachne's being (he posted before you, link in his signature)

Heh. Going to Menzoberranzan with her would be a terrible idea, but if she were real I probably would follow her anywhere!

ShadowFun wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:32 am Excellent work Agent!

Boy, I sure know what you mean by having over ambitious plans! I’ve done my best to forget the foolish risks I’ve taken and the damages that have resulted. I’ve found it significantly better for my mental health to just accept that injuries happens to the girls because I love my them, and they inspire me to do amazing things… not because I’m an idiot… 😵‍💫

Keep up the amazing stuff!
Thanks SF! They certainly do inspire amazing things!

Let's keep going with November 2023!

Cat A: Breaking the Law
Arachne in "Disciplining the Slave"

Arachne - Breaking the Law.jpg
Arachne - Breaking the Law.jpg (6.1 MiB) Viewed 321 times

As I came up the stairs and turned the corner into my office Arachne appeared out of nowhere. The lithe drow raised her leg and planted a boot square in my chest despite my height advantage of several inches. She kicked me back and I tripped backwards to the floor. She stepped through the doorway and closed it behind her, blocking the entrance. Her anger at me became visible as her innate drow magic allowed her to light the hallway in a red glow. "Wanre... What have I said about coming home and sitting down at your computer? You know the rules! You make me supper FIRST!"

"But Arachne-" I started.

Arachne swatted me with the riding crop in her hand. "NO BUTS!"

"Ow!"

"Go make my food! And when you're done that, I have laundry for you to do."

"But I just did laundry yesterday!"

She swatted me again. "Are you questioning me? I want to wear that shirt tomorrow and it will be clean! And then, when you're done that you, me, and this crop will have a conversation about your search history..."

Oh no...

Colored lights! Such a great investment for photography! I think this was the reason I bought that riding crop... Let me tell you, if you want one skip the sex shops. Go to a horse store. That one cost me half the price of one at a sex shop and this one is pretty. Black leather, chrome bits, and the spiral up the handle is little jewels. A great prop!

Cat B: Fall/Winter Fashion
Arachne in "Warm Clothes, Warm Drink"

Arachne - Fall Winter  Fashion.jpg
Arachne - Fall Winter Fashion.jpg (3.77 MiB) Viewed 321 times

"Enjoying the view?"

"The surface is strange. It is getting colder and everything is dying. We need to stockpile supplies so we can make it through whatever calamity this is. I have heard plenty of mention of 'global warming,' but I am seeing the exact opposite," the drow commented, sipping at her hot chocolate.

I chuckled. "No, no. This is normal. It's called the seasons and we are entering into the colder part of the year. Supplies will be just as available as they were all summer."

"Even this chocolate beverage?"

"Don't worry, I got the big container. We're good."

Not much to say about this one. My sister gave me the cup. I thought it was even funnier in Arachne's hand!

Cat C: A Show of Hands
Arachne in "Sliding Silver"

Arachne in Sliding Silver.gif
Arachne in Sliding Silver.gif (3.57 MiB) Viewed 321 times

Oh, I'd forgotten about this gif! (half the fun of posting all this is looking at stuff I haven't seen in months!) It's not the most impressive gif, it's not even sexy, but this is some movement that I am pretty proud of. Arachne can literally roll that coin better than I can!

Cat D: Exotic Flowers and Waterfalls
Duchess Arachne in "Jungle Flower"

Duchess Arachne in Jungle Flower WM.jpg
Duchess Arachne in Jungle Flower WM.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 321 times

The wealthy elf was bored. Sure, she'd hired the guides and the laborers. The hunters and the servants. She'd done it all so she could come out here and bring home something interesting and rare... But the jungle was boring her. All anyone wanted her to do was stay in the camp. For her own safety, of course! During the day when they travelled there were some many people between her palanquin and the jungle that she could hardly see it. And so, she'd snuck out of camp during the hustle and bustle of setting it up. If anyone noticed her departure she'd been too far away to hear their calls for her. Now, for the first time in the journey, she was enjoying herself. She was seeing plants and animals while enjoying the sounds of birds in the trees above her. In the distance she could hear the sound of a waterfall and decided to go towards it.

Then, she saw it.

The bright pink petals stood out against the dark, damp soil that it grew in, backdropped by the vibrant greens of the jungle. The rare tala 'anon! No one had seen one of these in the wild for nearly a century! This was exactly what she'd come for! Rare and beautiful, one of the wizards she'd hired would be able to preserve it if she could bring it back to camp. Excited, she made her way quickly towards it, far more concerned with collecting her prize than if she got her expensive boots a little dirty in the damp soil. She only realized her mistake after stepping on the damp ground and discovering just how wet it was. She sank into the peat up to her thighs, the rapid decent into the ground nearly causing her to lose her balance. "Aaaaah! Oh no..." She lifted the hem of her expensive dress to keep the fine fabric from getting wet as she looked over her situation. The suction of the peat on her ruined boots made it nearly impossible to move but she tried in vain anyways. "Help! Help!" she called into the jungle in the direction she thought the camp was. She couldn't hear them, but hopefully they could hear her...

For those that haven't figured it out from things I've posted, WAM (Wet and Messy) is a kink of mine. I can't believe that this is the first and only photo I've made of Arachne in mud...

The helmet is actually from my childhood. Called up my mom one day to see if she still had the box of dress up stuff my sister and I had as kids. She did! It was a great addition to Arachne's outfit and helped to inspire the little story.

That's it for Arachne in November! Thanks for all the lovely comments! I really appreciate them!

Follow us on Twitter!

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

" I think this was the reason I bought that riding crop... Let me tell you, if you want one skip the sex shops. Go to a horse store. That one cost me half the price of one at a sex shop and this one is pretty. Black leather, chrome bits, and the spiral up the handle is little jewels. A great prop!"

"Prop" Yeah... Sure... That's all it is. :roll: :whistle:

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Oh dear! Lots of awesome material here! ✨🤩 I love your GIF's, the fluidity of the movements is awesome, "Sliding Silver" and "Fast 11: Underdark Nights" are pure masterpieces! 🏆

Thanks for sharing, big BRAVO! 🎥 📸 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:47 pm " I think this was the reason I bought that riding crop... Let me tell you, if you want one skip the sex shops. Go to a horse store. That one cost me half the price of one at a sex shop and this one is pretty. Black leather, chrome bits, and the spiral up the handle is little jewels. A great prop!"

"Prop" Yeah... Sure... That's all it is. :roll: :whistle:
Well yeah... I don't own a horse!

gogodolls wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:00 am Oh dear! Lots of awesome material here! ✨🤩 I love your GIF's, the fluidity of the movements is awesome, "Sliding Silver" and "Fast 11: Underdark Nights" are pure masterpieces! 🏆

Thanks for sharing, big BRAVO! 🎥 📸 👏👏👏
Cheers! :glou:
Thank you, Gogo!

December 2023!

Shoes
Arachne in "Foot Stool"

Arachne - Foot Stool.jpg
Arachne - Foot Stool.jpg (7.8 MiB) Viewed 248 times

"Higher... Higher. There!"

"Couldn't I just go get you a stool?"

"Shh! My show is starting"

"Your heel is digging into my back. Please?"

"Shh!"

Xmas Boudoir
Arachne in "Bowbies"

Arachne in Bowbies.jpg
Arachne in Bowbies.jpg (8.68 MiB) Viewed 248 times

This was an idea that I had early on in doll life. I even bought the ribbon in the summer on sale so I was prepared! ...But I didn't pay too much attention to the length of it! This is all of it, and after realizing my mistake most of this doesn't even attach at the back! Bad for my ideas, but good for all of you, I suppose! This has got to be the most explicit photo of Arachne released to date! I think I'm going to try something similar again in the future...

Follow us on Twitter!

Stocking_Hunter

I love the look of her long hair in the ribbon photo. Something about it being splayed out behind her... :D

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 pm I love the look of her long hair in the ribbon photo. Something about it being splayed out behind her... :D
I definitely agree! I love that wig but it's so impractical that I could never have her wear it for day to day use. I should try braiding it some time... That might work, but then you lose the glorious volume of all that hair and I think that's part of the appeal! What do you think?

We're into the current year! We're getting caught up! January 2024.

Vintage
Arachne in "A Penny for your Thoughts"

Arachne - A Penny For Your Thoughts.jpg
Arachne - A Penny For Your Thoughts.jpg (5.68 MiB) Viewed 200 times

“How old are you, Arachne?”

“Hmph. Is it not taboo among humans to ask a lady her age?”

“Well, yes, but I am curious. I know you’re much older than I am in years but probably younger in terms of total lifespan.”

“That is true. You are to me what a dog is to you. A companion for a few short years and nothing more. I am certainly the oldest thing in this house, likely by a considerable margin.”

“Maybe… But if I find something older than you, would you tell me?”

“Perhaps.”

Off I went to find something, anything, that was at least one hundred years old. It took a lot of searching but I did find something. “Here, Arachne! Check this out. 1859, that’s 165 years old. Is that older than you?”

Arachne took the coin and held it up to look at it. “Impressive. Yes it is.”

“By how much?”

She gave a little smirk and tossed the coin back to me, her lips sealed.

Possibly my most boring contest photo, but I like the little story that goes with it!

January was kind of a slow month for me and contests! That's actually it for Arachne but there's a few mini entries coming in their thread.

Follow us on Twitter!

Stocking_Hunter

Braids would be interesting... One long, loose french braid?

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

So many amazing pictures! What a treat this thread is! 👏

I can image her in my backyard paradise 🥰

Master of Puppets...

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:26 pm Braids would be interesting... One long, loose french braid?
A french braid? Maybe... I can barely make a passing normal braid! I may have to give it a try!
Dees luver wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:45 pm So many amazing pictures! What a treat this thread is! 👏

I can image her in my backyard paradise 🥰

Thank you Dees! I'm sure she'd be fast friends with your dark skinned elf!

February 2024 photo contests!

Dressing for V-Day
Arachne in "Ready for Dessert?"

Arachne in Ready For Dessert.jpg
Arachne in Ready For Dessert.jpg (5.77 MiB) Viewed 125 times

Yet another shoot that I really enjoyed! If you like this, make sure you go back to February in this thread for more as this entry came from that set. My beloved drow was looking particularly sexy!

Portrait
Arachne in "Up Close and Personal"

Arachne in Up Close and Personal.jpg
Arachne in Up Close and Personal.jpg (4.39 MiB) Viewed 125 times

Pamper Day
Arachne in "Steamy Scrub"

Arachne in Steamy Scrub.jpg
Arachne in Steamy Scrub.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 125 times
Arachne is so hot the water just does this when she's in it!

Follow us on Twitter!

INFORMATIONS