Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Hello

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

LuckyDux
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Hello

Post by LuckyDux »

Hello
We are new to TDF and have appreciated the information available here so we thought we would share a bit about our experience. We (husband & wife) are currently awaiting the arrival of our doll. She will arrive around mid-December and her name will be Sami Ashliv.

Background
We are a happily married couple and have been greatly expanding our horizons this year. KC (husband) brought up the idea of a doll at the beginning of last summer (2014). Sadie (wife) thought he was crazy/kidding! Anyway, after a few months of exploration and information-gathering (made a lot more fun and helpful with this website), we got serious about actually going through with a purchase. After researching different options for dolls and styles available, we decided to reach out to Abyss/RealDoll. We knew that RealDoll had the features we were interested in and we were definitely not interested in an extended wait time. Some of the biggest concerns we had were regarding custom options, available modifications, and making sure the entire process was pleasant (drama-free!).
KC called Abyss to get information about options available and the ordering process. The saleswoman was completely professional and 100% helpful. She completely put us at ease right from the beginning and the discussion wasn’t nearly as hard as we were dreading it would be prior to calling. This conversation was amazing and made our final decision for us. Any hesitation or uncertainty about the process was eliminated and our excitement grew as we learned more and more about the customization offered and the different options we could choose from as well as specify. We placed our order in August.

Our Doll (specifications)
RealDoll2, Body D
*Upgrade: buttocks gels
*Upgrade: enhanced breast size
*Upgrade: custom nipples
Olivia Face O (We originally wanted Laila Face G, but switched to Olivia as soon as we saw her!)
*Upgrade: oral insert
Red Hair Color
*Upgrade: 2 custom wigs
*Upgrade: custom pubic hair
*Upgrade: custom body hair
Medium Skin Tone
*Upgrade: freckles, face and body, medium density
Natural Lips
Teal Green Eyes
*Upgrade: realistic veins
Natural Eye Shadow
Heavy Black Eyeliner
French Manicure Nails
Vaginal Attachment Style
*Upgrade: custom labia insert
*Upgrade: RD2 transgender converter

Waiting . . .
Since we chose so many customized options, our wait time was quoted at approximately 16 weeks. We could have stayed with more standard options and shortened our wait time significantly, but the extra time was worth it to us in order to get a doll we really wanted. Frankly, with the number of special requests we submitted, we were quite ecstatic not to have an even longer production time.
The excellent customer service we have consistently received from Abyss/RealDoll has been incredibly reassuring. They have kept us in the loop and regularly check in with us regarding our custom options and overall progress. This communication helps us keep the end-goal in mind and help us avoid second-guessing our choices.
Since we chose to include so many customizations, we provided sample pictures and descriptions. The artists at Abyss have worked to create our vision for Sami! Each time we receive an update, we are amazed at the thoughtfulness and artistry of these talented people. They have been completely understanding of our questions and modifications. Our contact encouraged us to voice our feedback consistently and wanted us to know that their goal is to make sure we are wholly satisfied. From our “How about a little darker/lighter here/there?” to our “What if we do this?” and our “Is this possible?” the Abyss group has been supportive, encouraging, and utterly helpful.

What Now?
We’ll plan to take and post the “arrival” pictures like we’ve seen from others. We are getting pretty excited. It’s more “real” now that we feel Sami will be here soon. Any advice to help us get ready? Any wives out there have any advice for Sadie?

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hello

Post by Fenrisulfr »

Congrats on a great choice of doll and spec and I'm looking forward to seeing Samis arrival on here :glou: :glou:
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

16 weeks is a brutal wait but congrats and look forward to your pics :D

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Congratulations on getting such a fabulous doll.
Working with Abyss is always a joy and you'd be hard pressed to do better,...

And we would love to see her arrival pictures,....

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

brigittes hubbie
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi LuckyDux,

welcome to the forum and congartulations on your order. I´m sure she´ll turn out terrific and will be worth the wait. Lokking forward to the uncrating pics, it´s always a special moment. Have a lot of fun with her,
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Congrats on your future addition. It is great to see a couple that enjoys things together. Abyss does a great job in sales and product.

Keep TDF updated upon her arrival. Looking forward to photos of your new " lady" with all her options.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Welcome to TDF and congratulations on what will be a stellar addition to your household. 16 weeks is indeed a long time (at first) but when she arrives you'll wonder where the time went. What worked for me was browsing the Doll Matrix to see galleries from other owners as well as exploring this site. You will find so much invaluable advice and information here from an owner's perspective and if you have questions there are no better people to contact for firsthand knowledge.

I hope your wait is shorter than stated and we all look forward to Sami Ashliv's arrival to her new home!

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Hi LuckyDux -welcome to the doll forum. :D it's a fun friendly place so feel free to join in ll the fun. :D

Congratulations on your order. The wit is a tad like a child waiting for Christmas. I hope it goes really fast for you. :D Look forwrd to seeing her pics when she arrives. :D In the meantime ope to see you around the forum. :D

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Wow! That's a hell of a doll you ordered. Can't wait to see her when she arrives. That Olivia face is to die for. Welcome to TDF!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the order!!

Sami will be quite a stunner by looking at those specs :D

I'm curious though, what do you mean by "custom body hair"?
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Post by Sheeana »

Congratulations!! We can't wait to see pictures of your new beautiful friend!

My Hostage was thrilled that Abyss/Phoenix had so many options to be able to customize, so that I really am his dream come true :)

(I myself have similar add-ons) :)

Xoxoxo,
Sheeana
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Congrats on the order. If you have never had a silicone doll before be prepared for quite a wow effect
when she arrives.
Cheers,
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Welcome to the Forum and the world of Real Doll! :D You guys have fun.

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

Welcome LuckyDux
That's some doll.
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

Welcome to the TDF it's always great to see new people joining the forum. Your doll specification are fantastic and I love your choice of the Olivia Face. I too have a Body D with Face A and Laila G but it's my plan to also order the Olivia Face after seeing it on the website. Sounds like Sami is going to be one hell of a gorgeous doll and I for one can't wait to see photos of her arrival.

Everyone here on the TDF is great and we're always eager to help people with any questions they might have, especially people who are new to doll ownership. Keep us in the loop on the progression of Sami, we're all excited to see some photos of her.

INFORMATIONS