TPE care-The Newly Wed guide

We turn dreams into reality!
dangerpowers99
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: TPE care-The Newly Wed guide

Post by dangerpowers99 »

Thanks for the very informative thread! I just got my first TPE doll with a Silicone head. I haven't found a thread addressing if/how you should clean a silicone head. If so, what should be done with a new silicone head before use and also what maintenance routine do you recommend?
"You might be a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater." -Mike Myers

dangerpowers99
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dangerpowers99 »

This is the unscented antibacterial soap I'm looking at. It does have Aloe Vera, is that ok for TPE? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L5 ... VJQT&psc=1

Also I was wondering if anyone has used castile soap like Dr. Bronner's to clean TPE dolls? That's the only unscented hand soap I have in stock, but it's not antibacterial as far as I know.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Many folks just use Dawn dish washing soap-just a small amount is all that's needed in water.

dangerpowers99
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dangerpowers99 »

ColColt wrote:Many folks just use Dawn dish washing soap-just a small amount is all that's needed in water.
Good to know. So the TPE doesn't absorb much of the Dawn scent?

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I've never smelled it. Keep in mind some areas it's hard to find the old Dawn. All I've seen for the past year is Ultra Dawn. With that you only want a drop or two.

dangerpowers99
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dangerpowers99 »

Thanks. I ordered some Dial and a medical antiseptic soap. Heres the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084BXK5BJ/re ... UTF8&psc=1. Wasn't sure if any of these ingredients pose a problem to tpe/silicone?

Active Ingredient Chloroxylenolo 0.2%...INACTIVE INGREDIENTS....WATER, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, SODIUM LAUREN SULFATE. COCAMIDE. MEA. COCAMIDOPROPYL BATAIME PROPYLENE GYGLYCOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN METHYLPARAGEN ACEATE. GLACERIN, .. YELLOW 5, BLUE.1, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE

vals1984

Breast inflation

Post by vals1984 »

Hi I have a WM doll with the hollow breast option is it possible for me to still inflate the breast with a needle and syringe.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Breast inflation

Post by CF »

vals1984 wrote:Hi I have a WM doll with the hollow breast option is it possible for me to still inflate the breast with a needle and syringe.
You posted this elsewhere and I answered it.

Please note that TDF staff discourage reposting the same content in multiple places. They may delete your redundant posts or even impose restrictions on your account.

Folks here are helpful ... but we all have jobs, families, and other obligations. Allow time for other forum members to respond.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

WakakoOnTheHolo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WakakoOnTheHolo »

Mike777 wrote:My first post, lol. Stupid question, but
Be sure to remove baby powder first before oiling her body.
How? With water? Just sweep it away with some cloth/brush?
Old thread, yeah but, I’d like to know as well. Since after the 5-6 soap and water wash you want to avoid soap and water too frequently right? So what, we sweep, wipe, or brush off the powder? Like, with a microfiber towel or something?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Unless the powder was just freshly applied, you'll unlikely be able to just sweep it away. Sometimes a damp cloth is all you need to remove powder/cornstarch, other times soap and water will be needed, occasionally when powder and dirt build up, it'll take baby oil to remove it. That's a process where oil is used to dislodge grime and powder residue and wiped off again without actually letting the oil absorb.

WakakoOnTheHolo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WakakoOnTheHolo »

I see! That makes sense and I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for your advice, Mr Franz.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I'm still on the fence about a head to foot wash down upon a new girl arriving. I never did that. I have to wonder just how much old powder/dirt is removed that way. Seems to me, the oil would do a better job of getting it off and just bypass the soap and water.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

True enough, ColColt. Depending on the doll and how much factory crud was left on it, a baby oil clean would no doubt make short work of it. I'd be reluctant to let it soak in though. More a wipe on, wipe off kind of thing, followed by a quick sponge down and powder. Careful around the face with baby oil or you'll hasten the factory makeup's departure, not to mention body color.

I didn't know about oil cleaning when I first got my doll. So I just did the multi-wash ritual. Worked fine though.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Can you actually get any factory crud off with soap and water? As I mentioned, I never tried it that way.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

ColColt wrote:Can you actually get any factory crud off with soap and water? As I mentioned, I never tried it that way.
Yeah, but it usually takes more than one go. That's why I referred to it as a multi-wash ritual. :wink:

INFORMATIONS