kimberdoll.com

Kimber Doll Review: unboxing and assembly video

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Kimber Doll Review: unboxing and assembly video

Post by edward »

This is the first in a series of videos on Kimber doll. As a new doll owner I want to share the experience by creating videos about what it's like to own a doll.

I cover the unboxing and assembly process and do a quick general overview of the doll. Check out these reviews from other members for more indepth text and photo reviews with detailed stats and sexy photos.
viewtopic.php?f=489&t=117888
viewtopic.php?f=489&t=117098

There are minor flaws in the TPE that are revealed in the unboxing process but Kimber doll has greatly exceeded my expectations. She's tight af, bouncy, fun to play with, snuggle, wash, wrestle, kiss, spank, lick... anyway I will go into more detail about her all fun parts in the next video. have a cup and enjoy. :D

Kimber Doll 158cm

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Kimber Doll Review: unboxing and assembly video

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Great Video Ed, thanks for taking the time and effort to produce it and share with the community :D

As discussed, you used your removal technique that works best for you, and you have referenced other reviews that give additional methods for unboxing for those less movement capable.

Well done, and Kimber Ashley looks great, that foot indent will normalize in no time, just a freight handling and packing transit impression.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

Excellent video!

As you say - although the doll lacks certain features (such as standing studs on the feet) there is currently no reason to think that its fundamental build quality is any different from most of the other longer established TPE dolls that are coming out of China.

However there is one thing I've noticed in a couple of pics of the doll, and I think I caught a glimpse of it in your video too ..... viz: the head seems to sit a little too far back on the neck. i.e. The distance between the front of the neck and the chin is a little too small. I wonder if you could comment on this as somebody who actually owns one?

It could be that it's within the normal range of human variation - I can't be sure just from looking at the few photgraphs I've seen.
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Beca's Instagram album | YD155 JinSan#44 | Sold 2015 - sent to Coventry
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I have certainly not noticed that with my Kimber Henry, perhaps a head tilt or neck positioning illusion.

My assessment would be if the neck bolt arbor is central to the origin of the circular neck top plane (the middle, ie where the diameters would intersect) then the head location should be fine.

I have read in other posts on other forum a suggestion that the neck was a tad long, but again, I have not found this notable on my Kimber, and could be again either the head not being entirely fastened or neck tilt for the photography.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

Anung Un Rama wrote:I have certainly not noticed that with my Kimber Henry, perhaps a head tilt or neck positioning illusion.

My assessment would be if the neck bolt arbor is central to the origin of the circular neck top plane (the middle, ie where the diameters would intersect) then the head location should be fine.

I have read in other posts on other forum a suggestion that the neck was a tad long, but again, I have not found this notable on my Kimber, and could be again either the head not being entirely fastened or neck tilt for the photography.

Anung
OK thanks for that information. As well as what I speculated in my previous post, I also wondered whether the (apparent) problem was down to the length of the neck - or even the thickness.
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

romeomtl
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by romeomtl »

She was in my shopping cart and then...
shipping only in US, nothing for Canada. well that sucks, she would have been my very first doll

Kimberdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Kimberdoll »

Hi Edward,

Amazing work here. :lol: A great deal of time and effort has gone into this project and we greatly appreciate your hard work.

We're working on increasing the packaging around Kimber's feet and more news to follow soon on this.

Great viewing and plenty of insight for those considering a purchase.

Cheers,
Fletcher

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Great video review... I wonder how long it will be up until YouTube strikes it down as they have done with most... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by edward »

Dollarhyde wrote:Great video review... I wonder how long it will be up until YouTube strikes it down as they have done with most... :glou:
thx!! :glou:
i wonder that too... that's why I made a dedicated channel just for dolls as a little Youtube experiment. I've watched and liked dozens of doll videos they give zero suggestions for other doll videos. It's definitely a blacklisted topic and gets lumped in with red pill videos, mgtow, deviant behavior.

I think as long as age restriction is applied it should be ok. Vimeo was the other option but it has upload limitations and cost $$$ to get unlimited storage so we'll play this game with Youtube and see how long it lasts. :wink:

youtube pushes violent content like The Best Street Fights of 2019 Compilation after watching hours of lovedoll videos. 8O wtf?!

edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by edward »

coleridge wrote:Excellent video!
the head seems to sit a little too far back on the neck. i.e. The distance between the front of the neck and the chin is a little too small. I wonder if you could comment on this as somebody who actually owns one?
Yeah I get what you are saying and would agree the chin depth and neck dimensions are a tiny bit mismatched in relative proportions but it's only apparent from a profile view. It's not her best angle but for me it's not a deal breaker and doesn't take away from the attractiveness of her face. she still cute af. :mrgreen:

From the front, she looks of northern european decent.. but from the side she looks more asian. and it's such a slight thing depending the angle. and honestly, after spending a night with her you won't be thinking about her chin. :lol:

perhaps a head from another manufacturer would be a nice fit for this body but I am not sure which other brands would fit her neck, something with a more prominent chin. It's a standard M16 threaded neck bolt used by a few other doll makers from what I gather. problem there would be matching skin tones. we must do more research! :glou:

I wonder if they use the same head for both sizes. The head seems to appear larger on the smaller body based on their website photos. Maybe this particular head shape and size was a good middle ground to share between the two body sizes.

edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by edward »

Kimberdoll wrote:Hi Edward,

Amazing work here. :lol: A great deal of time and effort has gone into this project and we greatly appreciate your hard work.

We're working on increasing the packaging around Kimber's feet and more news to follow soon on this.

Great viewing and plenty of insight for those considering a purchase.

Cheers,
Fletcher

Glad you enjoyed it Fletcher! she was worth the wait! :D

edward
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by edward »

Anung Un Rama wrote::thumbs_up: Great Video Ed, thanks for taking the time and effort to produce it and share with the community :D

As discussed, you used your removal technique that works best for you, and you have referenced other reviews that give additional methods for unboxing for those less movement capable.

Well done, and Kimber Ashley looks great, that foot indent will normalize in no time, just a freight handling and packing transit impression.

Anung

Thanks for the feedback Anung. your review gave me confidence and peace of mind when I was buying and waiting for my Kimber doll. just doing my part to help out the new girl and show her off to the community. :glou:

I think yours and other reviews are required reading for first time doll owners to know what to expect when unpacking and how to safely pick up a doll. I've seen several methods for taking a doll out of the box, not an easy task. Ashley is making a stronger man out of me for sure!

I'm not too worried about the foot dent. little imperfections make her more interesting and unique. :D

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Nice video!

I like the plastic face mask she ships with for protection - a bit better than just the foam "glasses" my WM heads came with.

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

For $500, I'm asking myself why don't I have one yet. Then I remember, I'm still paying off my Amor doll, lol. I really want a Piperdoll Ariel for my next doll but Kimber might find a home with as well.
Alyson: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N13 viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119805
Veronica: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N68 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=121630
Jennifer: Entity 153cm E-cup WM#85 head viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119363
Summer: SiliDoll 135cm https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1609591
Natsuki: SMDoll 149B #37 viewtopic.php?f=269&t=122576

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

edward wrote:Yeah I get what you are saying and would agree the chin depth and neck dimensions are a tiny bit mismatched in relative proportions but it's only apparent from a profile view. It's not her best angle but for me it's not a deal breaker and doesn't take away from the attractiveness of her face. she still cute af.
OK thanks Edward - that's useful.

INFORMATIONS