Starpery.com

Tongue modification w/pic

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Ikyoto

Post by Ikyoto »

Ok two ideas, one of which I'm finishing up and then the second one starts:

1 - The repair kit has a colored silicone and the tongue has no texture to it - it's perfectly smooth and this shows up on film. Solution? Use the colored silicone (with enough catalyst to make it thicken quickly) REALLY small dimples by dabbing on the tongue. Then go over it with a thin toothpick to make lots of ridges one way and then across those rows. Then just dab at it with the tip as it sets... but not to hard! No piercing!

When set it gives a much better apearance. A third treatment should make it just the right feel as well Image

idea two: The toungue is just a blob of silicone. Cut along the back of it. Insert a piece of either 20 ga aluminium o stainless steel wire that you've bent into a "U". You'd be wise to coat the ends in some of that red rubber stuff used to coat tool handles first! Then seal the tougue up and what have you?

A posable tongue...

(Edited 6-15)

Here's the pic of the tetured tongue. I'll scann the good pic as soon as i can. The feel is VASTLY improved. I'm owe a couple of people pics of specific things on her so I'm going to do those now. I will try to get the posablity of the tongue done ASAP.

(And BTW - to those who were concerned about her shoulder - Fixed. Just need a little touch up with the colored silicone.)

scott8539
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by scott8539 »

how hard would it be to cast a tongue? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img]

Robotman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Robotman »

Well, casting a tongue would be easy from the material stand point. The hard part would be doing it without gagging, I should think.

Use the same alginate that orthodontists use to mold teeth for braces. You should be able to do the same for the tongue. Probably have to do the top and bottom separately, so you don't fill the mouth up with molding material.

INFORMATIONS