4Woods repairs

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to 4Woods
esquisseallure
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

4Woods repairs

Post by esquisseallure »

Hello there community, I have taken ownership of coolcicada's 4woods after a really long drive and from this thread i'll mostly document my repairs of her(mostly so other users can use this as reference). Overall, the body coolcicada gave me is in very good condition excluding the broken hip and some tears on the vagina / anus / upper thighs. This will be my third doll, and will be my first experience with a very high end doll.

So to list the repairs I will attempt to do:

1. To repair the broken hip joint.
2. Repair / Glue back the damaged tears on the vagina and anus.
3. Reglue the foam and two slit coolcicada made to document the damage on his doll (the right hip and right knee joint).

I've made some repairs on my Sanhui 158cm and it only took me 4-5 small repair to complain about how any new repairs (mostly to to glue back tears). I was careless mostly and you can see the tears not lining up causing no structural integrity issue, just visual appeal issues but I want the seams to look as flawless as possible. This attempt I will be try to keep all the tears to be glued as visually appealing as possible even though afterward she'll mostly be a snuggle buddy in full body tights.

So I wish to avoid opening any new holes in this beautiful so that mostly rules welding out but I may resort to that if all other attempts fail. I have a friend who has a can do mig welding for me if necessary and will not mind welding a 4000$ doll. At all cost I will attempt to avoid welding due to the high heat it will cause as I will mostly keep the metal frame inside the body without extracting it.

My first idea which I hope will actually work and will be permanent is to use an epoxy to reglue it back. I'll research on the proper epoxy and their strengths later but repairing the damage silicone skin comes first. I thought if this idea on the drive back home then i realized the broken piece is literally sandwiched between a bunch of steel nuts and bolts. This doesn't give me any room to repair the broken piece with a good 1-3mm of epoxy to give it strength. Due to the very lacking area to work in, it's gonna be a difficult repair. This will serve as my summer project so i don't have to spend so much time 3D drafting for fun :P

And... my photos are slightly too big. Let me reedit them. I'll be back to update this :P
Snuggle buddy --> XYColo 163cm LB

Wishlist: Tayu, Elsababe 148cm, lushdoll

INFORMATIONS