reallovesexdolls.com

Question about renewal powder and monthly maintenance

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Gaijin_Bovine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Question about renewal powder and monthly maintenance

Post by Gaijin_Bovine »

Does using Premium Renewal Powder replace the need for mineral oil and petroleum Jelly during monthly maintenance?
NOTE TO SELF: Do not be such a memer on this forum. For this website is for serious business only.

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Question about renewal powder and monthly maintenance

Post by danDub »

Nope the renewal powder just keeps her feeling smooth, also helps to get clothes on better :D, but also helps against getting scuffs and abrasions on the doll when changing clothes etc

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

There is no need for oil or petroleum jelly on TPE. That's just for guys who like to see their doll all oiled up. The TPE has plenty of oil in it already. I've gone over 3-1/2 years without using it once. Even the manufacturer will tell you it isn't necessary and could cause the TPE to break down over time, but I'm quite certain the oil your doll club will chime in and tout its "benefits".

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Some handy reading here...about oils and powders....

viewtopic.php?p=1000381#p1000381

viewtopic.php?p=1257102#p1257102

Now these I wrote up a few years back, and I am aware that some factories have evolved tpe blend mixtures and ratios since, and also,some have not, so again the advice in those posts is relevant to dolls made around the time of posting, and always check with the factory that makes dollies, not just the label that owns the design, as there is a massive difference between factory technical and production foreman knowledge replies and the Brand label sales reps agent replies.

Cheers Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Bit of common sense when it comes to doll maintenance goes a long way. If your doll's dirty - clean her. If her skin feels dry or less soft - oil. If she feels sticky or less smooth - powder. If none of those conditions exist, no need to do anything, she's fine. :wink:

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

BWheeler1 wrote:There is no need for oil or petroleum jelly on TPE. That's just for guys who like to see their doll all oiled up. The TPE has plenty of oil in it already. I've gone over 3-1/2 years without using it once. Even the manufacturer will tell you it isn't necessary and could cause the TPE to break down over time, but I'm quite certain the oil your doll club will chime in and tout its "benefits".
Depends on the TPE formula. I'm sure some don't need it, but others clearly do. Hard to say exactly what brands and models since some change their formula regularly, for whatever reason. WM in particular seem to have ups and downs each year. Todays dolls shouldn't need it often though, but as Franz said, use common sense. If the doll leaks even months after purchase, then it will dry out sooner or later unless replenished.

Either way, rubbing down the doll with oil after a wash will also get rid of dirt and stains that soap and water don't reach. Even if the doll look clean, you'll see it lump up when rubbing in one direction, and the towel you swipe it off with gets noticeably dirty. So imo it's part of the bi-monthly cleaning, and when that's done you'll just let the remaining oil absorb into the skin before powdering. No need to overdo it.

It has done wonders on my WM140 anyway, which drastically slowed down cracks developing in various places on the TPE. That doll i 4 years old now though, but still going strong as my main doll. So it has certainly not had the opposite effect in my case.
Tsuki & Kiiko - Elsa Babe 125cm #RAD008, #AHR001 & #RAD010
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"

Gaijin_Bovine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gaijin_Bovine »

Tonk is a Custom Risako that uses the Doll-Forever Platinum TPE formula.

When she arrived a few weeks ago, my hands would feel a mild skidding sensation as I caressed her. I assumed that would stop after her first bath and powdering but it's still happening. I was wondering if an oil and petroleum Jelly would help with that.

I'm also looking for a fragrance free baby oil. I want to preserve the factory smell she came with... although I've never sniffed baby oil so that could be factory smell she came with for all I know...
NOTE TO SELF: Do not be such a memer on this forum. For this website is for serious business only.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Does it benefit the doll when you apply baby oil to a TPE doll? Maybe.

Does it benefit you when you apply baby oil to a TPE doll? Definitely.

The defense rests. :D

INFORMATIONS