Starpery.com

Super cheap and super easy movable eyes mod!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
zzdoll33
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Super cheap and super easy movable eyes mod!

Post by zzdoll33 »

A few months ago I purchased a JY-Doll 158cm, platinum TPE, Head #62, Dark tan, enhanced skeleton, standing.

For an overview you can visit some vendor web pages such as:
https://www.sexxdolls.co/collections/jy ... /jy158cm-7
https://www.jydoll.com/jydoll-5ft2-158c ... libby.html
https://www.--Non-verified Vendor--/index.php?main_ ... hv1ddkbqk5

Overall I am very satisfied with the doll. The main bad points are weak hands (they cannot hold objects) and eyes (non-movable).

For photography purposes I decided to improve the doll facial expressions by making the eyes movable. That was so cheap and easy!

I had a set of spare eyes, so I super-glued two sets of eyes together, so as to create two spherical 'double eyes'
- I cut into the TPE eye cavities with pointed scissors to make them near spherical.
- I fit tested the eyes, cut a little more, and repeated the process until:
+++ The eyes would fit well.
+++ I could just press my thumb against the eyes, rotate them at will, and just release the thumb.

It took all but 5 minutes per eye. That's it. Now the doll is equipped with movable eyes. See image below for summary/samples.

Again, to set them I manually press on each eye (no tool needed) and then rotate it at will.

What I don't understand is why dolls don't ALL come with that feature built-in in the 1st place????????
Attachments
Human_eye_001.jpg
Human_eye_001.jpg (219.36 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

pdkh2000
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Super cheap and super easy movable eyes mod!

Post by pdkh2000 »

Hi Zzdoll133

Interesting.
Do you have more pics of the eyes?

And for hands yes we really need some option with a good grip....... :D
And a bit of movement... (wank wank wank)
Simple wish from a simple man!

zzdoll33
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zzdoll33 »

Sure.

I also own the Teeth&Tongue set 3.0, and I fabricated some fake eyelids, BUT here I trimmed the images to focus on the eyes and only the eyes.

Regards.
Attachments
_misc_human_eye_003.jpg
_misc_human_eye_003.jpg (174.88 KiB) Viewed 1944 times

MoviePilot
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MoviePilot »

Since I have some spare eyes, I did the test myself.

Following you see 2 eye shapes glued together, hopefully I got the OP right and followed properly his instructions:

and replaced the right eye in a head (YL #357):

With the mod that's the absolute maximum "bedroom view" I can achieve. The eye is already pushed in to the maximum.
Regarding easy manipulation. As the surrounding TPE has constant contact with the "back eyeball", also the eye got some pressure applied by the cavity, for now I cannot confirm an easy manipulation.

Maybe in the future manufacturers will redesign the eye cavity. In its current state, yes, it's possible to use that mod.
Though for me personally, adjusting the eye opening is too limited, I for now will stick with the traditional way.

Edit: for this first test I didn't cut the eye cavities. The test shows that's it's not enough to just form a 100% eyeball but also absolutely mandatory to apply modifications to the TPE itself.

zzdoll33
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zzdoll33 »

Did you...

- Cut into the TPE eye cavities with pointed scissors to make them near spherical.
- Fit tested the eyes, cut a little more, and repeated the process until:
+++ I could just press my thumb against the eyes, rotate them at will, and just release the thumb.

You don't say so in your post. Please confirm you did.

Thanks.

MoviePilot
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MoviePilot »

zzdoll33 wrote:Did you...

- Cut into the TPE eye cavities with pointed scissors to make them near spherical.
- Fit tested the eyes, cut a little more, and repeated the process until:

You don't say so in your post. Please confirm you did.

Thanks.
Thanks for the correction, no, I didn't cut into the TPE. I wanted to avoid any modification which can't be undone afterwards. I already highlighted that fact in my first posting.

Regarding the eyeball itself, that's correct, right? Additionally I rounded the edges of each half sphere before applying the glue. I guess I'll do that for each pair for now, to get rid of that sharp edge across the outline.

zzdoll33
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by zzdoll33 »

Yes, regarding the eyeballs, your photo is perfect and you nailed it!

I did not bother to round the edges of each half sphere before applying the glue.

I missed your edit about not cutting into the TPE. My bad.

However If you do not wish to cut into the TPE, then what was the point of gluing the two half eyeballs?

Please, I suggest you try it and cut into the TPE as I described.

In the end if you don't like it you can always add a filler in the back of the eye cavity (think cotton ball, etc.) to restore/adjust 'eye pressure'.

Thanks.

Just1more

Post by Just1more »

Interesting idea! Thanks for sharing.

msasdfjkl
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by msasdfjkl »

Thank you, this is a great idea. One thing I might modify in my attempt is to sand the back of each eye symmetrically so they will glue up correctly and then de-burr the edges so that they do not tear the tpe. The only reason for the sanding is in case the eyes bulge. Also this would be for my asian doll as her eye so that, well she looks more asian, which I like. Sorry if I offended anyone with that, but I'm currently unable to construct a sentence that sounds right.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

May I ask where you are getting your eyes from? Those purple ones are really cool.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

INFORMATIONS