Starpery.com

Rough joint on the arm and wrist

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Crishna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Rough joint on the arm and wrist

Post by Crishna »

hello folks, i got my new WM157 auburn, and i noticed that i have hard time with her left arm and wrist to move it, as i usualy need to take both of my arms and apply a fairly good strenght to bend the elbow and wrist. i was wondering if there is a way to loosen her up a bit... any suggestions will be appreciated.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Rough joint on the arm and wrist

Post by seagull »

Two human arms to move one doll arm sounds dodgy.

There is a possibility that a very small incision (a few mm) could allow a wd40 spray nozzle tube to get a tiny squirt into the joint, and no, I have never tried this personally.
WD40.JPG
WD40.JPG (10.86 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Repeated arm movement could loosen it but there is a risk of something breaking.

As a last resort, open the elbow and adjust the tension, not advisable but sometimes necessary.

Crishna
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Crishna »

thanks for the input, but i just broke her thumb !!! oups! ill try with the wd40 !!!! thanks, never thought of that.

NewSeller
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by NewSeller »

I purchased this same doll a few months ago and I had the same issue with stiff joints, but after moving the joints around a little bit more they started to loosen up. I like the idea about WD40 though.

Real 56

Post by Real 56 »

Hi just used WD40 today on my YL 170cm doll, had a very stiff right arm on the back and forwards movement and it has eased the problem enough so it's alot easer to move

INFORMATIONS