www.sino-doll.com

Need advice.

Sino-doll is a whole new generation of platinum silicone dolls from our company. Best sculpture for new heads and bodies with human proportion and nice details.
Textured skin, movable mechanical eyes, ultra soft vagina,and so on.And many other increasing humanized intelligent features.
Website sino-doll.com
ThatOneGuy

Need advice.

Post by ThatOneGuy »

I hate vague thread titles as much as anyone, but I have a lot going on with my doll and I'm not sure how to fully articulate how I am feeling. I have come to a crossroad in my doll ownership where I question whether it's even worth it to continue to own a doll. What brought me to this feeling and why this is in the Sino doll section, is because I own a Sino doll. My doll is great and I love her, but recently I have had a scare that his killed my confidence in ownership a bit.

So during sex I had put my dolls arm up and bent her elbow for her to hold her hair back. We were in the cowgirl position. My doll has shrugging shoulders and after the session I couldn't get the arm to go back down. The joints in the shrugging shoulder are so loose that they move in various directions. I spent two hours trying to get her arm back in a neutral position by her side. At one point her upper arm could go all the way across her back. The joint isn't broken, but there are just too many damn points of articulation and they are all loose. The only solution would be to cut her open. This is where the dilemma begins....

So It's simple enough, cut down the seem line, loctite all the shrugging shoulder bolts and tighten them till they can't move. Sounds easy, but I have a bad record of breaking things even worse when I try to fix them. So the question becomes, do I buy the silicone repair kits and attempt to fix the doll, or do I cut my losses and sell the doll? The problem with selling is I won't get much for her. Not to mention I don't think I can be alone right now as I am dealing with a lot of in real life depression and problems. Selling her won't give me enough money to get replace her. I'm too isolated to be alone. On the other hand, if I attempt this repair and fail, I'm completely shit out of luck. Shrugging shoulders was a mistake and I'm not sure what to do about it.

What should I do?

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Re: Need advice.

Post by Studio »

My 151 shoulder joint has failed completely but except for posing that arm she can still do everything else. Perhaps you don't need to do anything and can just keep enjoying her company as is?

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Id keep her until you can afford another. I wouldn't attempt the fix if you feel at all unconfident in doing it. Got to figure its better to have her as is..instead of ruined all together. Maybe figure out other ways to enjoy her until you can get a replacement?

If you did go the repair route maybe its not a matter of cutting her open in a huge way but multiple small incisions at the points where the bolts are.Maybe get in touch with the vandor/manufacturer and ask for suggestions of tightening the joints?

Zocvon
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Zocvon »

This feels like a very personal decision. There are, basically, 3 options..
1. Stop with dolls altogether. But if you want one again, you can wait for quite some time for it to arrive.
2. Repair your current doll. If it fails, you're basically in #1 again.
3. Get another doll. Once it arrives, you could sell/dispose/repair of your current one.
I would lean towards #3... best case? You end up with two dolls and repair experience!

persontheguy

Post by persontheguy »

Hi dude. I'd probably just save up for a replacement and try to work around the looseness. I also wouldn't try that again. If you're really interested, there is a forum on repairing silicone dolls(I copied the link below). And I know for a fact that there is a dude who repairs Real Dolls from that one documentary - you might ship it to him and ask him as well. I don't know how to get into contact with him.

viewforum.php?f=193
Signatures are overrated.

HornedPear

Post by HornedPear »

I also have a poor track record when it comes to repairing things. One of my dolls has a loose ankle joint which I attempted to repair and failed. As far as I could tell, the bolt is welded to the skeleton and can't be tightened. The result is a scar along the seem on both sides of her ankle which I don't think is a big deal.

So if I were in your situation, I would try cutting her open to see if I could figure out how to improve the joint. If that fails, she has a bit of a scar on her shoulder. If it succeeds, she has a better shoulder joint and a scar. You can also take pictures of the joint once you open her up and ask for advice on the forum, some people on TDF are really good at fixing that kind of stuff.

Celtic_Babog
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Celtic_Babog »

I wouldnt attempt this and make it worse if its tolerable atm. You could make something worse.

So I'd put up with it for now and save for a new, or a new 2nd hand maybe.

Like my sino, don't know why but her arms won't hold a T pose anymore. Too loose. Don't know how it happened but it's not a huge deal for me.
I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, its a fucking comedy 🥲

👉 Review of Irontech 160cm silicone doll.👈

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

And all the techie owners are going "Cut 'er open"
You gain valuable experience even if your doll does have some scars
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Overkill? Sure
Still my fav bed buddy though :)

xseria

Post by xseria »

Shrugging shoulders are easily the worst part of my doll as well. I already know one shoulder is gonna break soon :haha4: I should have done more research before getting them.
>Tell your world_

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess I'll just tough it out for now until I can get a new doll. I pressed on the shoulder to find some of the bolts and it feels vastly more complicated than I originally thought. So I will probably have to sell the body in the future and buy one that doesn't have that feature.

claydough
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by claydough »

I had kind of a similar issue when i first got mine

I had a somwhat loose fitting jumper on her at the time and i couldnt get the arm down due to the sholder being all twisted up and weird and i couldnt see at all what the joint was doing

I also had me very worried, however nothing like that has happened to me since now that i have abit more technique in how to move her arms around

Bobby Carrot

Post by Bobby Carrot »

seagull wrote:And all the techie owners are going "Cut 'er open"
You gain valuable experience even if your doll does have some scars
Back.jpg
Overkill? Sure
Still my fav bed buddy though :)
You sho' gonna need some glue there :haha4:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle