betterlovedoll.com

Takiko's Photo Thread

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Nanako
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Takiko's Photo Thread

Post by Nanako »

Very cute gal, and such an adorable outfit! Thanks for sharing.

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

Not sure I'm happy with this photo....I'll work on this theme more in the future once Takiko can do standing yoga poses as well and I change tops.
20210114_211940.jpg
20210114_211940.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 580 times
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread
Sakira (咲星) - Sino Doll - [Body: 158 / Head: S30] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

Takiko finally stands! My updated standing system worked pretty well, but the M16 quick connector does give me some issues, mainly causing me to mess up the first pose while trying to pop her head on due to the not-quite-so-stiff TPE skeleton joints. The pose ended up getting a little messed up, but I didn't want to reset everything, so I just took the photo and the lesson. I have some ideas on what to do with the connector, but I'll likely be a little more conservative with Takiko's standing poses until then.

Either way, isn't that a cute bird?!
20210115_221514.jpg
20210115_221514.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 557 times
Takiko was still anchored in for safety, but this pose she was able to stand on her own.
20210115_230316-Edit.jpg
20210115_230316-Edit.jpg (1021.51 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Oh, I totally messed up putting on her wig, causing her head to look smallish!
Takiko (瀧子) - WM Doll - [Body: 164D / Heads: #153, #334] - Review - Photo Thread

Twitter - Instagram

Olive

Post by Olive »

These positions are brilliant, when you know how difficult it is to position the limbs without the usual supports; Bravo!

arkham71

Post by arkham71 »

RandomShock wrote:Not sure I'm happy with this photo....I'll work on this theme more in the future once Takiko can do standing yoga poses as well and I change tops.
20210114_211940.jpg
I like this pose. She seems serene to me. Of course, she is as pretty as always. :)
What lay behind our joint love of shadows and marvels was, no doubt, the ancient, mouldering, and subtly fearsome town in which we live - witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham, whose huddled, sagging gambrel roofs and crumbling Georgian balustrades brood out the centuries beside the darkly muttering Miskatonic.

"The Thing on the Doorstep", HP Lovecraft

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

I've been waiting for a chance to use these boots ever since I found them. Didn't originally intend to use them with a schoolgirl outfit, but hey, if it works. When I was thinking about this concept, I really wanted her to do some shots against a wall, but I think I'll keep the look, but go back to having Takiko model on seamless.
20210118_223225.jpg
20210118_223225.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 530 times
20210118_224335.jpg
20210118_224335.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 530 times

Twitter - Instagram

arkham71

Post by arkham71 »

RandomShock wrote:I've been waiting for a chance to use these boots ever since I found them. Didn't originally intend to use them with a schoolgirl outfit, but hey, if it works. When I was thinking about this concept, I really wanted her to do some shots against a wall, but I think I'll keep the look, but go back to having Takiko model on seamless.
I love these boots. They just scream Goth.

The fishnets are nice too.

Good job as always.
What lay behind our joint love of shadows and marvels was, no doubt, the ancient, mouldering, and subtly fearsome town in which we live - witch-cursed, legend-haunted Arkham, whose huddled, sagging gambrel roofs and crumbling Georgian balustrades brood out the centuries beside the darkly muttering Miskatonic.

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

Takiko plots rebellion...

Twitter - Instagram

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

RandomShock wrote:Not sure I'm happy with this photo....I'll work on this theme more in the future once Takiko can do standing yoga poses as well and I change tops.
20210114_211940.jpg
Impressive flexibility in the hips and knees! I'd pay attention to how close the skeleton comes to the surface of the knees. She's very cute gal.

Phil

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Takiko has great outfits.
Love the onesie pajamas except this one does not seem to have a butt flap. :whistle:

RandomShock wrote:Takiko finally stands! My updated standing system worked pretty well, but the M16 quick connector does give me some issues.
I abandoned my M16 quick connector after a near catastrophic head drop accident.
I went back to the old connector that has threads on both sides.
That way her head can only come off when I want it to come off.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

scooter_ca wrote:Takiko has great outfits.
Love the onesie pajamas except this one does not seem to have a butt flap. :whistle:
It does, but it's pretty far down. You can actually see it in that picture around mid thigh. Might have to work that in somehow in a future photo shoot. :lol:
scooter_ca wrote:I abandoned my M16 quick connector after a near catastrophic head drop accident.
I went back to the old connector that has threads on both sides.
That way her head can only come off when I want it to come off.
The issue I ran into with the M16 connector is that the force needed to get her head on ended up causing her hip to buckle, leaving me trying to hold her up with one hand while holding her head in my other hand. I didn't want to go through a reset, so that's why her Tai Chi pose is off. I should have unscrewed the little ball bearings in the connector first, but I overestimated her joint stiffness after doing something similar with Sakira (who has much stiffer joints).

I'll be using a new connector that I created that should work better for the standing shots.

Twitter - Instagram

arkham71

Post by arkham71 »

RandomShock wrote:
Takiko plots rebellion...

She makes a very cute if annoyed-looking maid.

Oh, yeah, your photography skills are great as always. Sorry almost forgot that while taking in the kawaii. :)

itashaLover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by itashaLover »

Really nice doll!

And where are you buying all those costumes?
Looks like they are of high quality, must be expensive?

RandomShock

Post by RandomShock »

itashaLover wrote:Really nice doll!

And where are you buying all those costumes?
Looks like they are of high quality, must be expensive?
Mostly LightInTheBox and Amazon (better for impulse buys due to shipping speed). Some of her wardrobe is a bit expensive, like the boots from the school uniform shoot, which were over $100, and the maid outfit was about $75. However, most of the clothes she owns are fairly cheap (the school uniform itself was only $16). I'll be re-using a lot of these outfits (especially those boots), so I'm okay with investing a bit into her clothing.

Plus, she's a lot easier to shop for than Sakira. I've had to spend a lot more to dress Sakira because of needing custom fitting.

Twitter - Instagram

Willus
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Willus »

Wow, Takiko looks so cute! I love a girl in a onesie almost as much as I love catgirls! She's got a new fan right here :mrgreen:

Wonderful posing and wonderful outfits!

PS. Those boots were worth every penny, they are coooool.
Zoe (RIP) - JY170. Eye Candy link

Josie and Macks - 2x WM166C, twin sisters. Eye Candy link

INFORMATIONS