sexyrealsexdolls.com

Ankle repair

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
dollove

Ankle repair

Post by dollove »

Only a couple weeks after getting a doll her ankle started getting loose and now I think it completely broke off. I've been trying desperately to feel through and screw it back on but I'm not even sure if that's possible at this point. Does anyone have any solutions for fixing it without cutting it open or is that inevitable?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Ankle repair

Post by seagull »

Kinda inevitable, surgery is :whistle:
The most difficult part is repairing the metal if it has broken
Loose bolts are much simpler to tighten with a drop of Loctite
The doll material is either Silicone or TPE and there are adhesives that make sealing up as easy as :)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, here's a pic of a typical foot plate/ankle assembly. There's a chance that those 2 nuts worked loose and the thread portion unscrewed from the tube section although I think you would notice if the foot had turned several times so I'm afraid the more likely scenario is that the weld has broken where the threaded portion is welded onto the plate in which case you may have to get a bit inventive, unless, of course you can weld, in which case you could remove the foot plate and the threaded rod section and weld it up separately and then screw it all back together. I've had this happen to one of my gals and not being able to weld it I made up a bracket to hold the bits together and so far it's held. You don't need to make a big incision, just maybe an inch or so to get at the ankle and if you make a clean cut it will seal up nicely with 3m primer 94. Good luck
Attachments
IMG_20210310_221122.jpg
IMG_20210310_221122.jpg (67.16 KiB) Viewed 347 times

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

First, what model and manufacturer is the doll. Just about every manufacturer has a different style of foot plate. Also pictures or video would help. My 6Y3 has a janky ankle and I have had to go in several times to fix it, last time I had enough so I used locktite and so Xiel's ankle no longer rotates left or right but I am got tired of cutting him open and fixing the problem.

If the plate has broken from the base there are some work arounds or contact someone who welds, take the plate out and have it rewelded. We can help you with closing her back up after the ankle is fixed. You will need some 3M 94 Tape Primer, https://www.ebay.com/itm/141959585163?e ... SwpoJXD9tW Here is the link for purchasing it on eBay which this vendor has the absolute cheapest price I have found any where.
Here is the link to the thread where we have information how you will use the primer to get your girl back together, or just ask.. viewtopic.php?f=229&t=131728

I know this feels like she is really damaged but I have seen worse damage repaired by members on this forum, she can be fixed. Okay?
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

INFORMATIONS