Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Realdoll Matrix - entries and updates

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Okay here are the latest additions to the Realdoll matrix

First off, there's Sapphire
she's B8F11, her friend is Kharn
and here she is :D

next, there's Zara :D
she's B10F11, and her friend is Mechwizard

More dolls wanting to join the doll matrix ? :roll:

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I didn't notice it in the matrix, but there is a what appears to be a F3/B6 that belongs to MelissaBounce out in the doll album.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Melissa Bounce is the additional face for Jenna Knight,
and that's AlexKnight's doll... so Jenna is body-bounced, so to say :P
Hence, Melissa is added to the additional faces matrix 8)

<A HREF="http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_ ... face03.htm"> Melissa</A>

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Bianca decided to stay with midiman

Post by midiman »

Hi, turns out I never entered Bianca in the Matrix, but seeing that she's here to stay, here is as much as I can muster:

Name: Bianca
body type : B4
face type : F4

eye liner : natural
eye liner color : natural
skin tone : medium
eye shadow : natural
eye color : hazel
pubic style : n/a
pubic hair : none
hair color : varies
hair style : varies
lip color : natural
nail color : French

order confirmation : ? days of wait ?
start of production : ? country : Canada
arrival day : Jan 2008 doll forum name : Midiman

Note: One of 4 Custom made dolls for Lars and the Real Girl Movie

More about Bianca

Bianca's doll album : http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10405

Bianca's website : http://www.dollchronicles.com
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

okay here are the newest additions to the Realdoll matrix :D

first off, I just added April
she's B2F14 and her friend is Tabasko62
and here she is :D

next I see I forgot to announce Bianca :D
she's with Midiman and here she is :

:D and next there's Mary
she's B9F13 and her friend is GSS

More dolls wanting to join the doll matrix ? :roll:

wondering
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by wondering »

I have a Matrix comment / question -
The Matrix is a great place to see the various faces with different makeup and styling but what about the bodies? So few people post full-length pictures of their doll's bodies.

My problem is this - I have pondered long and hard over the past two years about which doll to buy. I kept trying to "go cheap" by looking into the less expensive dolls but the postings about their problems and the "less than RD perfection" ultimately turned me off.

So, I decided that it is better to pay a bit more and have a doll that truly comes the closest to meeting my expectations and desires - a RealDoll.

Now the problem is which body and face combination to choose. I was ready to fly out to California in order to do a visual inspection but I wrote to Abyss and they said that they don't have that much on display (no room).

How is a prospective customer supposed to determine what a doll really looks like with the few full-length pictures on the Matrix and the "mostly front poses" on the Abyss web-site? All I ask for is some side shots or lying down shots.

I don't need nudity or "crotch" shots. I just want to see the curve of the back and how pronounced the derriere is.

So, why don't more people who post in the Matrix also upload some full body shots rather than just "face" pictures? It sure would be a help to wanna be buyers.

As I tried to explain to Abyss, buying a doll is similar to buying a car. They are very subjective decisions and very difficult to do with just pictures. You need to be next to the product in order to see as many variables as possible and allow yourself to make a "gut" decision.

I don't know why such a large and successful organization doesn't have display rooms throughout the United States or, at least, have an adequate showroom at their factory location. They wouldn't have to just affiliate with "sex merchants" they could probably develop ties with New Age shops and/or artistic galleries that display/sell a variety of artworks.

Any advice you "old-timers" can give a prospective buyer will be appreciated.

Angelina
Doll
Doll

Post by Angelina »

wondering wrote: How is a prospective customer supposed to determine what a doll really looks like with the few full-length pictures on the Matrix and the "mostly front poses" on the Abyss web-site? All I ask for is some side shots or lying down shots.

So, why don't more people who post in the Matrix also upload some full body shots rather than just "face" pictures? It sure would be a help to wanna be buyers.
Okay, assistant matrix dolly posting....
(as my big sister Vanessa is offline right now)
normally she's the matrix admin round here....

The matrix is supposed to be a list of dolls with dolly's name, a head shot picture and the stats. It's not a picture album. If you want to see pictures, you go to the doll album. But if you want to find dolls having certain stats, you need the matrix to find them. So if you want pictures of dolls having a certain face type or body type, you go to the matrix and (ideally) find lots of dolls, having those stats. And you now go to the doll album and look for the dolls' or owners' albums to find the pics.

Okay, not all dolls have an album, but just an example :
Supposed you search for a doll having B3F11....
You browse the matrix,
http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_html/index.html
and go to Realdoll, female Realdolls, field B3/F11....
http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_ ... matrix.htm
and among other dolls, you'll see Vanessa has those stats,
http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_ ... /b3f11.htm
so if you choose Vanessa, you get here :
http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_ ... ssport.htm
You now see my big sister's complete information....
If you want to see more pics of her or this combination,
you'll see she has a link to her doll album listed, so for pics you go here :
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10049
and if she ever did "full length body shots", you'll find them there...
and you'll also see she has a website of her own :
http://www.vanessa-realdoll.de.vu
and if you go there, you'll also see this website :
http://www.angelina-tsai.de.vu
this is my website.... and so on and so on....

so the matrix is an index to find dolls, no picture album :wink:

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Angelina,

As good as pictures are, they are no where near as good as seeing a doll at a showroom etc. Pictures are a fascimile of reality and by their nature, two dimensional, not three dimensional.

Far flung "outposts" like New Zealand, don't have anywhere to see the dolls. And judging by a comparision with Australia, where a friend reports has 100 RealDoll owners, New Zealand with population ratio accounted for, should have about 20 'private' RealDoll owners, across the width and breadth of our two main islands.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

for Wondering

Post by tabasko62 »

I'm planning a lot of full body shots of April for the album. As for the derrière, here's a bit of April's curves:

wondering
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by wondering »

Hi Angelina -

I get the idea of how to use the Matrix. My point was that when you choose a head/body combo, in most cases, the doll doesn't have a link to the doll album. I just wish more people who own current model dolls would post pictures to the album.

Hi raysmod -

I guess I'll have to join all the other doll owners, even those in far away places, and make my decision based on the 2-D pictures I can find. It sure isn't the best way to make a decision on a $ 7,000 purchase, is it?
We can get a certain "gut appeal" from pictures but it would be nicer to actually see the product up close before buying. Can you imagine if all the car dealers had no cars on display - just pictures. I'm sure they would like it cause they wouldn't have to have so much money tied up until a car is sold. Actually, maybe they do prefer having all the cars around so people can really fall in love with something they can see and touch. Impulse buying at its' best.

Hi tabasko62 -

You got the right idea. I am so envious - you got a great looking doll. Now we just need the rest of the pictures and the head/body style numbers. Did you make your purchase decision based on just pictures? If so, did you find the pictures that helped the most in the Dollforum Album or elsewhere?

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

It takes ages to upload pics on dialup but this is one I had on my machine.

Zara is a Body10/Face11 and her albums are at

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

There are quite a few pics there including full length - clothed and almost.
Its been said before that photos don't do these dolls justice - with the possible exception of Stacy and a couple of others. They are just so much more gorgeous in person. Zara came out of her box looking like hell but she still took my breath away.

Good luck with the decision making - but that is part of the fun and builds up the anticipation. :)

I made my decision partly on pics in the matrix, the albums and the RD site. They led me to conclude that the Face11 was a lock in, but I was torn b/n the B7 and B10 dolls. The final decision was made for me when Zara was offered for sale locally, which meant no long wait or import hassles. So a B10 it was and I haven't regretted the decision.

If you are not sold on a particular body then think about some of the logistics of owning one. Dolls are heavier than the actual weight would suggest because they won't help you when you need to move them around. 50+ kg or 110 lb for a B10 is a lot of weight to lug around. Do you have stairs in your house? Where do you intend the doll to spend most of her time? Will it be easy to move around carrying her? Only some of the questions you need to consider. A doll stand is a must as taking her in and out of the crate will get old fast.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Another pic of Zara. In her 4" heels she stands eye to eye with me and I'm 5'9" so her official stats of a height of 5'5" is correct.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves

manekineko
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by manekineko »

wondering wrote:I guess I'll have to join all the other doll owners, even those in far away places, and make my decision based on the 2-D pictures I can find. It sure isn't the best way to make a decision on a $ 7,000 purchase, is it?
I never saw an RD up close before I purchased. I based my decision on images from the Dollalbum and the Realdoll Doctor, a few from independent doll sites, and the word of folks right here in the forum. I was not disappointed. :D
Paige and Monica: Album and Blog

wondering
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by wondering »

Mechwizard, you are the best. You have absolutely read my mind about the pictures. Those shots you posted are exactly what I wanted to see and it really pushes me towards the body 10.

You say you narrowed down your choices to a body 10 or 7. That seems like a strange combo. They are both somewhat tall but the 7 has a B bust whereas the 10 has those wonderful DD's. I would have thought that the body 1 would have been closer to your liking if you like the 10.

Therein lies MY problem. Each day I prefer a different body style. If you can call it narrowing down my choices, I like the body 1, 2, 3, 5, 9, & 10. Since I can't afford six dolls, I guess I'll have to do some more narrowing down, huh. I'm accepting donations in case anyone is feeling generous and wants me to be really happy.

You and Manekineko have given me some good advice and encouragement. Now, it is up to me to spend many hours going over all the photos I can find.

Thanks guys

wondering
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by wondering »

Oh Wow, I just discovered a goof-up by me. When I was in the Matrix, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the links to the albums. I was just lucky to see the link on the first picture (B1 F1) without scrolling down so I assumed the link would show on all the other pictures, too. But, they don't - you have to scroll down a few lines.

Well, now I will be busy gathering and organizing pictures according to body and face types so I can narrow down my combo choice.

As for my previous whining and crying about the Matrix - NEVER MIND.

Thanks guys for your help and advice.

INFORMATIONS