Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Problems With Club RealDoll Website

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Problems With Club RealDoll Website

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

I was about to reply to a post on a certain CRD thread when the website went wobbly on me, much like it was earlier this summer. None of the pages are rendered properly and it's hard to read what's on them.

Considering what day it is and its significance, I'm wondering if somebody out there with a sick sense of humour isn't getting their jollies by hacking certain sites today. For example, I can't log onto my stockbroker's website for "scheduled" maintenance. It's usually out of action overnight, but it's well into the morning where I am and the site's still unavailable. :(

By the way, I just checked RealDoll's site and it appears to be working normally.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Brick

Re: Problems With Club RealDoll Website

Post by Brick »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:I was about to reply to a post on a certain CRD thread when the website went wobbly on me, much like it was earlier this summer. None of the pages are rendered properly and it's hard to read what's on them.

Considering what day it is and its significance, I'm wondering if somebody out there with a sick sense of humour isn't getting their jollies by hacking certain sites today. For example, I can't log onto my stockbroker's website for "scheduled" maintenance. It's usually out of action overnight, but it's well into the morning where I am and the site's still unavailable. :(

By the way, I just checked RealDoll's site and it appears to be working normally.
I was just on CRD. It seemed ok, but your right about the date. Anything out of the ordinary is suspicious...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Brick wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote:I was about to reply to a post on a certain CRD thread when the website went wobbly on me, much like it was earlier this summer. None of the pages are rendered properly and it's hard to read what's on them.

I was just on CRD. It seemed ok, but your right about the date. Anything out of the ordinary is suspicious...
It's not working with Firefox on macOS, nor Chrome or Edge on Windows. I think this was the case before. CRD worked for some of us and didn't for others.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

P. S. I just tried Brave on macOS and Chrome on Android. Same results.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Brick

Post by Brick »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
Brick wrote:

It's not working with Firefox on macOS, nor Chrome or Edge on Windows. I think this was the case before. CRD worked for some of us and didn't for others.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I will notify the Webmaster..

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Brick wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote:
Brick wrote:

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks. In addition, clearing the cache for the Firefox didn't do anything. Similarly, rebooting my main machine and the modem had no effect.

It happened rather quickly. I had just finished replying to a post and was about to start on another when I couldn't edit the file properly. It was after I refreshed the page I was on that everything went cockeyed. The main CRD page appears to be there but there's no source code.

Brick

Post by Brick »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
Brick wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote:
Brick wrote:

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks. In addition, clearing the cache for the Firefox didn't do anything. Similarly, rebooting my main machine and the modem had no effect.

It happened rather quickly. I had just finished replying to a post and was about to start on another when I couldn't edit the file properly. It was after I refreshed the page I was on that everything went cockeyed. The main CRD page appears to be there but there's no source code.
I love the Slide Rule quote! My father said the same thing....

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Seems to be a chrome issue. CRD would not load on chrome for me, but safari loaded right up.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky Custom Configuration

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

TJ_Foxx wrote:Seems to be a chrome issue. CRD would not load on chrome for me, but safari loaded right up.
The main page loaded with Safari on my machine, which runs OS X 10.11.6, but after that, it's the same as I get with the other browsers.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Brick wrote: <snip>

I love the Slide Rule quote! My father said the same thing....
Thanks.

Before I started my sophomore undergraduate year, I bought a Geotec Versalog slide rule. I still have it. It's made from bamboo and has all sorts of scales on both sides. I put it up on blocks for the remainder of my studies when I wrote an introductory electrical engineering mid-term exam and had to make conversions between rectangular and polar co-ordinates in order to analyze AC circuits. It was succeeded by a Hewlett-Packard HP-45 calculator which could do that sort of thing easily.

I still dig out the slide rule once in a while for some quick calculations. The last time I made extensive use of it was when I wrote my last amateur radio exam because programmable calculators weren't allowed. (I passed and qualified for my final certificate. :mrgreen: )

I used to teach at a technical college and I brought it into one of my lectures once. Most of my students were completely bewildered by it.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Yippee! It looks like CRD's back in business. My thanks to those who fixed it. :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS