sexyrealsexdolls.com

Pan Pastels

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
BaboonEater69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Pan Pastels

Post by BaboonEater69 »

Inspired by viewtopic.php?f=229&t=137425 I decided to try out the closest material I had on an old TPE hip and found that Pan Pastels have some amazingly similar properties with less effort.

I attempted 6 tests total..

Unheated Resistance to Water: Holds up very well, I couldn't get it to smudge or come off with a wet paper towel.

Heated Resistance to Water: Same results as unheated, No smearing or pigment removing with wet paper towel.

Unheated Resistance to Water Based Lubricant: Skin on TPE nothing came up, but wiping away the lube with a damp paper towel caused a very very faint amount to appear on the towel, no smearing.

Heated Resistance to Water Based Lubricant: Did not come off on skin contact or damp paper towel!

Unheated Resistance to Vaseline: Breaks down and wipes away, apply enough and it comes off entirely.

Heated Resistance to Vaseline: Breaks down and wipes away, apply enough and it comes off entirely. Requires slightly more rubbing.

Conclusion..
I do not think heating is required for these colors at all and not worth the risk, they hold up just fine to water and water based lube. They are also non-toxic, I'll post the company's breakdown of that below. I would say that these are perfect for general use applications on TPE but not permanent sadly. I would like to test out some soaps as well, but this was slightly spur of the moment. I'm still new to TPE but from what I have observed, nothing is permanent with a little oil. :lol: I hope I'm wrong or I'm going to have a very dry doll!

Update..
I tested it with some sensitive skin "Paraben Free / Oil Free, Salicylic Acid Wash" and it stuck just fine. I would always advise avoiding oil based soaps for TPE, but I can not speak for Salicylic Acid on TPE. Its in almost all of the acne treatments that people use for removing stains, so it might be safe but will take a lot more research than me using it on a hip once.

"All the colors have been independently tested to ASTM D-4236 standards, and are certified with the ACMI AP Non-Toxic seal. They have also been tested and certified as lead-free."

Pan Pastels used in my testing.. Armadillo Art Pan-pastel: Portrait.

INFORMATIONS