kimberdoll.com

Zombie Hands solution

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Tony S
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Zombie Hands solution

Post by Tony S »

RevJack wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:08 pm
Tony S wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:02 pm Has anyone considered cutting off her hands and replacing them with the hands they sell to art training students? Some of them can be very poseable.
Tony S
The wooden ones? MX-V built a robot from a doll skeleton and used those wooden hands. Search for Aurella, that's her name.
Oh, or "Cyborg Robot Alien Pixie" that's her thread.
I was more referring to something like what Amazon sales

https://www.amazon.com/Cyomi-Silicone-M ... C98&sr=8-3

for $159 US for a pair. Of course you need to consider tint and size.
Tony S

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

i just put 3 gloves per hand (the last glove being long till the elbow.) the extra gloves create a thickness. the first glove has to be white soft fabric like cotton but the second pair can be a little ticker like leather or something (white of course)

extra gloves gives it a firmness like a real hand (if the gloves are too big or loose you could sew elastics around the wrist. like the elastic of the waist of sweatpants)

Equinnox97
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Equinnox97 »

Gazzagreen
How did you make your Kimble doll smile two different ways? I have never owned a doll but am considering the Kimble doll. Thanks.

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

Equinnox97 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:27 pm Gazzagreen
How did you make your Kimble doll smile two different ways? I have never owned a doll but am considering the Kimble doll. Thanks.

I think is the faceapp you can download for your phone

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

I've been wondering about this as I've been working on extensive doll repair myself: has anyone tried fixing the wires via crazy glue and baking soda/cotton? It bonds instantly and is very strong. I am wondering if the wires can't be placed back into position, a small incision could be made, reattachment, and then resealing the TPE by any preferred method (heat/glue/etc).

I'd be very interested to see pictures of affected areas when the hands give out just to see the plausibility of this solution.

Broken1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Broken1 »

I've been looking at different women's lace up gloves that look good and would add support to her hands and wrists .

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

Broken1 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:20 pm I've been looking at different women's lace up gloves that look good and would add support to her hands and wrists .
Always pick white.

INFORMATIONS