sexyrealsexdolls.com

any advices about cleaning etc?

Doll stands, props and other doll accessories, inserts, and sex toys.
underneath
Apprentice
Apprentice

any advices about cleaning etc?

Post by underneath »

so I got myself the chichiomoi and I'm now trying to collect knowledge of how to maintain TPE items and how to treat them the best way possible and how to repair skinparts.

are there any links to other threats you know or can anyone just tell me few important things?

1) when and how often should I put powder on it

2) when using oil, it has to be cleaned right after it, correct?

3) Ive heard that TPE items are breathing out some oily stuff overtime, and you have to put certain oil on it every 6-12months?! if so, which oil do I have to use and how do I use it correctly?

4) even after powdering etc the TPE is still easily collecting dustparts, are there tricks to clean it off better or how often do I have to shower it? Im not using soap.

5) it got some skin injuries during the travels, are there any guides on how to fix these?

appreciate some responses, thanks.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: any advices about cleaning etc?

Post by seagull »

First point is that not all TPE is equal or has the same characteristics in regard to oiling frequency, softness, durability, oil seepage etc

Keeping TPE clean and dry will prevent the dreaded black spots of mold forming especially if the area where you live has a very moist climate and existing mold in the environment

Powdering is a surface treatment that does not affect the characteristics of the TPE blend, just a little in a sock, tamp all over the surface and work it with a good makeup brush until it is no longer visible but feels silky smooth to the touch

More than a few owners check their doll surfaces for micro-splits, particularly in high stress areas
Normally a thin smear of Vaseline will rejuvenate spots of cracks but if the majority of the surface is starting to feel rough or scaley then it's time for an oiling with mineral oil (baby oil)
Avoid doing fingers, toes or any part that is thin compared to the body
Let the oil soak into the TPE until it can't be felt, clean & powder sparingly

Using soap is a personal preference, while I don't, many others do :)

Surface damage is a whole subject, from light scuffs to gaping holes, suggest using the search facility at Quick links, top of the page :thumbs_up:

underneath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by underneath »

mold? O_O the climate here is quite normal, when does mold form ? how do I prevent it ? I dont leave it wet at all. just throwing a towel at it. the rest drys in no time on itself.
i thought soap is bad for TPE?! so I can use soap ? my most concern are those big dark spots that look like a field of dust picked up from sheets for example. a lot of it goes away with water but its not easy to remove it all, maybe I should use soap but I dont know.
its really annoying to have a dust magnet :P

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

A flaming expensive dust magnet :)

Mold spores are pretty much everywhere :thumbs_down:
https://www.cdc.gov/mold/basics.htm

As for soap, diluted liquid soap, Dawn for example, is effective :thumbs_up:
viewtopic.php?p=2177183#p2177183

underneath
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by underneath »

seagull wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:29 am A flaming expensive dust magnet :)
yea, when Im using a microfiber cloth its a battle of who's the stronger dust magnet.
I'm just not sure if I should shower it all the time whenever theres some black dots on the sides or if it wont do any harm if I wait a bit.

thanks but I never heard of mold on dolls. hopefully it wont appear on this thing.

ChickenDoll
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ChickenDoll »

1. I powder mine whenever it gets too oily to touch
2. I just slather some oil and let it sit. Then I clean it with soap to get rid of the excess oil and powder after
3. Unscented food grade mineral oil
4. Oiling it will generally get rid of the the fine dust and some small minute stains out of the tpe. Its collecting dust because its seeping oil, its inevitable w/ tpe.

INFORMATIONS