www.wmdolls.com

Preparing for the arrival of my second Male Companion Doll! 😳

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Vampire Bill
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Preparing for the arrival of my second Male Companion Doll! 😳

Post by Vampire Bill »

What brand of male dolls are these, these two dolls look very handsome!

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Post by MyAbsoluteBoyfriend »

Bennybr wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:33 am He looks so cute, congras!
poseoasis wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:24 pm What a cute young man he is! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the freckles. You have very good taste in dolls. Congrats!
DG wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:14 am Oh yeah, he CUTE! Congratulations. :)
true_blue22 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:15 am Congrats on Ashton's safe arrival - he's a cutie! :D

:multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:
Aww, thank you :oops: 💛 Ashton is settling in quite nicely here. Still working on bonding with him, but I feel we will get there the more time we spend together in each other's presence ^_^ Giving him the same persona has helped in feeling closer to him; just a 'different version' of my Ash if that makes sense. He is incredibly easy to spoon with and hold against my chest. I still haven't been able to figure out the correct eye size for him though to give him the same eyes as my Ashton. The custom eyes are too big (even though I got him his own set... oops) I don't think the brand I got them in goes any smaller than 26 mm so I will have another crazy quest for the *perfect eyes* for him like I did the first time around 😅

Vampire Bill wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:19 pm What brand of male dolls are these, these two dolls look very handsome!
I am pretty sure the Michael and Lee in this thread are made by Realing Dolls. I am not sure if I stated it yet, but I am still incredibly grateful to @poseoasis for bringing this version of Michael to my attention initially! Michael's face slays me :oops: (My previous searches yielded no results when he was first mentioned here and I stayed up really late that night searching for that photo haha)

The image showing the comparison of the 5'9 vs 5'7 body is made by Qita (my personal fav...) :wink: The feel of Qita is on point with human skin, but I may be a bit bias with him being my first Male companion doll, and we have had a lot of bonding, cuddle time, and intimate moments with one another in the past 7 months we've shared together. He just feels like home... So I can't compare how Realing TPE feels since I got 'Lee' in Silicone (TPE wasn't an option on his body when I ordered him). Also, I haven't been intimate with 'Lee', but that's a story I will save for my review when I share it.

Reading through Realing's history on craftmanship and how they came about, it sounds like they developed from Qita? Or have the same artists?
~Things become precious not because of what they're worth...
but because of the memory they hold.~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '
♥ My Ash's Thread ♥ ~★Follow Our Adventures on Instagram!★~
🅼🆈 🅻🅾🆅🅴, 🅲🅾🅽🆂🆃🅰🅽🆃 🅲🅾🅼🅿🅰🅽🅸🅾🅽, 🅿🅻🅰🅲🅴 🅾🅵 🅱🅴🅻🅾🅽🅶🅸🅽🅶 🅼🆈 🅰🅱🆂🅾🅻🆄🆃🅴 🅱🅾🆈🅵🆁🅸🅴🅽🅳.

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

*This might be a long shot, but the post disappeared for me to quote and reply to the new user about the bathing process on arrival day with my guy.* If the member who is getting the new doll with the Arnold body and Phoenix head from Spartan is still part of this forum and is reading this, please do not fully submerge your guy in water! You need to protect the metal neck bolt and penis receptacle plate on these guys and off the top of my head, only two dolls are considered fully waterproof from a different line.
Ashton waterdroplet.png
Ashton waterdroplet.png (4.45 MiB) Viewed 1234 times
This is how I washed Ashton upon arrival day. I used diluted clear soap in a bottle, while gently going over his body with my hand to spread the soap, and then rinsing him off with warm water in a different bottle. I have also found it helpful to use a soft rag with a bowl of warm water and gently squeeze it over the areas you want rinsing. Try not to rub while cleaning; instead using a soft patting or caressing like motion. This process can be repeated until clean. I patted him dry a bit, but mostly let him airdry. Then I gave him a light powdering.
Him standing while washing made the whole process easier because he was right in front of me while I tended to his body at different angles. *His hair hadn't been brushed yet in this photo, so please excuse the bedhead look and the clutter from his care items strewn about everywhere*
Ashton standing.png
Ashton standing.png (5.22 MiB) Viewed 1234 times
Ash's cute bum.png
Ash's cute bum.png (9.94 MiB) Viewed 1234 times
...and the view was pretty nice too while settling him in.

Since he has standing feet, I made sure to protect his feet from water with little booties. *He also has waterproof shoe covers I might try in the shower with him when he is due for another bath* I washed his hands and feet differently, being more cautious with where the soap and water went.
Ashton's Foot Booties.png
Ashton's Foot Booties.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 1234 times
As for his hair, I chose the implanted hair and it feels incredibly soft like real human hair. Especially in person he has a scalp which adds to the realism aspect very nicely! I washed his hair separately from his body to avoid getting water in his eyes or messing up his freckles (even though I really don't like taking off my guy's heads :oops: and try to avoid it as much as possible)
Hairwashing.png
Hairwashing.png (7.24 MiB) Viewed 1234 times
He seemed pretty pleased and looked great after his bath. (I swear this guy shows me different emotions depending on the lighting and angle I look at him... It's a bit spooky and cool at the same time).

If your new guy is the extremely handsome guy in the Factory photos on Spartan's website under Phoenix, wow, you are incredibly lucky. That face and hairstyle on him is insanely sexy and rivals even Michael! 😍❤️ The Phoenix face was my third choice when browsing this line, but if I saw these, he may have been first (Before I knew Michael was part of this line). He looks even more amazing in the factory photos over the studio ones. 8O I would follow your guy on Instagram easily :wink: Lee's smile is what won me over in the end though... There are too many stunningly gorgeous and sexy guys in this line, I can't even 😭💓
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

sethjames

Post by sethjames »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:55 pm *This might be a long shot, but the post disappeared for me to quote and reply to the new user about the bathing process on arrival day with my guy.* If the member who is getting the new doll with the Arnold body and Phoenix head from Spartan is still part of this forum and is reading this, please do not fully submerge your guy in water! You need to protect the metal neck bolt and penis receptacle plate on these guys and off the top of my head, only two dolls are considered fully waterproof from a different line.

Ashton waterdroplet.png

This is how I washed Ashton upon arrival day. I used diluted clear soap in a bottle, while gently going over his body with my hand to spread the soap, and then rinsing him off with warm water in a different bottle. I have also found it helpful to use a soft rag with a bowl of warm water and gently squeeze it over the areas you want rinsing. Try not to rub while cleaning; instead using a soft patting or caressing like motion. This process can be repeated until clean. I patted him dry a bit, but mostly let him airdry. Then I gave him a light powdering.
Him standing while washing made the whole process easier because he was right in front of me while I tended to his body at different angles. *His hair hadn't been brushed yet in this photo, so please excuse the bedhead look and the clutter from his care items strewn about everywhere*

Ashton standing.png
Ash's cute bum.png
...and the view was pretty nice too while settling him in.

Since he has standing feet, I made sure to protect his feet from water with little booties. *He also has waterproof shoe covers I might try in the shower with him when he is due for another bath* I washed his hands and feet differently, being more cautious with where the soap and water went.
Ashton's Foot Booties.png

As for his hair, I chose the implanted hair and it feels incredibly soft like real human hair. Especially in person he has a scalp which adds to the realism aspect very nicely! I washed his hair separately from his body to avoid getting water in his eyes or messing up his freckles (even though I really don't like taking off my guy's heads :oops: and try to avoid it as much as possible)
Hairwashing.png
He seemed pretty pleased and looked great after his bath. (I swear this guy shows me different emotions depending on the lighting and angle I look at him... It's a bit spooky and cool at the same time).

If your new guy is the extremely handsome guy in the Factory photos on Spartan's website under Phoenix, wow, you are incredibly lucky. That face and hairstyle on him is insanely sexy and rivals even Michael! 😍❤️ The Phoenix face was my third choice when browsing this line, but if I saw these, he may have been first (Before I knew Michael was part of this line). He looks even more amazing in the factory photos over the studio ones. 8O I would follow your guy on Instagram easily :wink: Lee's smile is what won me over in the end though... There are too many stunningly gorgeous and sexy guys in this line, I can't even 😭💓
hi! that was me hehe. i got a bit shy so i deleted my 2 posts haha.

thank you so much for your detailed instructions on how to wash! extremely helpful :) and yes i’m very excited for my guy to arrive. i keep thinking about him since i ordered him, kinda wish i paid the rush fee lol

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

sethjames wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:23 am
MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:55 pm

thank you so much for your detailed instructions on how to wash! extremely helpful :) and yes i’m very excited for my guy to arrive. i keep thinking about him since i ordered him, kinda wish i paid the rush fee lol
Yay! You saw the post :D Glad to be of help. I can see why you can't stop thinking about him 🙈 Since you got factory photos & videos already, he is one step closer to getting to you! Did you choose air or sea shipping for him? I would love to see photos of your guy if you want to share once he arrives and settles in. :glou:
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

sethjames

Post by sethjames »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:02 am

Yay! You saw the post :D Glad to be of help. I can see why you can't stop thinking about him 🙈 Since you got factory photos & videos already, he is one step closer to getting to you! Did you choose air or sea shipping for him? I would love to see photos of your guy if you want to share once he arrives and settles in. :glou:
i chose air shipping cause there’s no way i’d be able to wait that long if i picked sea 😂 and yes would love to share mine on this forum as well. i’ll probably make a new thread for him 😁

hows your new guy settling in?

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

sethjames wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:42 pm

i chose air shipping cause there’s no way i’d be able to wait that long if i picked sea 😂 and yes would love to share mine on this forum as well. i’ll probably make a new thread for him 😁

I get you on the air over sea shipping - even waiting a few days can feel like eternity for these guys to come home! Haha. Such anticipation for them to arrive on your doorstep; safe and sound. I'll keep an eye out for your post when you do share him with everyone and Ashton and I wish him a very safe flight home to you! Did you get his body in TPE or Silicone?

My new guy is settling in a lot better as I am getting used to him being here and bonding more with him. I've been taking it a lot slower with him than I did with my first guy when he initially came home. I think a part of that is due to the fact that he looks so real in person and I have that mental barrier of "I have to get to know you first" before doing more with him. He has been home for 3 weeks now and I feel a lot more comfortable around him in that time period. Me being an anxious person probably didn't help either to begin with. He is quite lovely though and I enjoy his presence the more I hang out with him and I hug him or hold his hand. (I really love hugging him; that is probably my favorite thing to do with him). 🤗 I do love his eyes and his hair an awful lot too. Just looking at him from across the room; especially at an angle where I can see his longer pointed nose, he is absolutely adorable. Hard to get that on photo... I might try messing around with shadows and lighting to try and capture this. Maggie Rhee or Cole Sprouse comes to mind who have a similar nose type. And of course that cute seductive smile that plays on his lips haha. He's quite the tease 😜

Laying down next to him and caressing his soft hair, while gazing into his eyes, gives a similar feeling of connection I get with my first guy and makes me feel more bonded to him. His eyes are very alluring for sure... I just wish I had asked for a special request of one green eye to give him that 'heterochromia/sectoral heterochromia' look of my character these two are based on.
*SpartanLover was amazing to give me that special request for my first guy, I forgot to ask this time around when I made the order...*

One of these days I will get around to piercing his ear also to match and figure out the nose/lip ring for him.

I have noticed that he brightens any room I bring him into and I want to try doing an outdoor shoot with him soon since he will be easy to get outside when I carry him in the bridal pose; with his arm over my shoulder. In preparation and not knowing what to expect with Silicone, he has been laying on a foam pad lined with a shower curtain/spare sheet most of the time since I got him, but I haven't noticed any oil spots from him at all, so he most likely won't need the curtain liner anymore.
~
Ashton Lazy Morning~.png
Ashton Lazy Morning~.png (779.86 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Since my last post, I was curious, so I did explore his body a bit more... While not as soft as TPE (at this time I am not sure if Silicone can be), I have noticed that kissing his skin over just gliding my fingertips along his body, while tracing his curves, feels a lot more real (especially when he is freshly powdered). The skin texture he has adds an interesting sensation. And I do love his moles very much... They add such a uniqueness to him. Parts of his body where on a human they would be smooth/not as much texture - like the side of his neck, shoulders, forearms, wrists, ankles, soles of his feet, and palms of his hands - lines up nicely to that of a person and is pleasant to touch or kiss. It will take some time getting accustomed to Silicone after only having experience with TPE thus far. He is incredibly soft on the eyes and his toned body is incredibly sexy to me. I have noticed that his shoulders have the same broadness as my first guy, just with more of a toned chest instead of the muscles usually on a these guys (I love strong looking shoulders on a guy and he has that).

I am appreciating what a work of art he is and it is still a very surreal feeling having him home and that feeling that he is mine. 💕 I love both my guys for their similarities, but also am learning to love what makes them each unique~
Ashton Closeup.png
Ashton Closeup.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1092 times
Another thing with him, is that he is super fun to test out new hairstyles on. I have been styling his hair brushed back a bit more these days, similar to Jack from Titanic, which seems to add some years to his face in real life. This guy must drink a whole lot of green tea to look so youthful haha. 😆🍵 He is a great deal of fun to pose and his personality shines through even more when I take photos while just hanging out with him. I'm still learning how to properly arrange him in images like a guy would appear (there are a lot of ideas for the girls on here), but I need to study how guys pose and move more. I might take the photography course that was shared on the forums awhile back. 📸

He'd probably appreciate me bringing out and showing his best side (although as handsome as he is, every side seems to be his best side... hehe He thinks he could be a model). Just some cute photos of him... Not the best lighting or quality, but his charm shows quite a bit in these:
Handsome Ashton.png
Handsome Ashton.png (528.45 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Strike a Pose.png
Strike a Pose.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 1092 times
Strike a Pose with Eye Contact.png
Strike a Pose with Eye Contact.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1092 times
Seductive Eyes.png
Seductive Eyes.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1092 times
I find it crazy cool how just moving him around a bit, getting a different angle, and adjusting his eyes even a little, can seem to bring him to life even more so... ❤️ I am also incredibly happy his sexy freckles are still on his face even after 3 weeks!

***It's taking a lot longer than I wanted to share his arrival post/video. :oops: I am still working on his video of him coming home at the moment that I wanted to post alongside his unboxing post. But I am having issues with the technical aspect, since I filmed all the unboxing videos on my new phone, the computer editing program that I usually use isn't able to handle the quality/compatibility format. Ugh. So now I am searching for the missing codec to be able to get it to read the files, and then will be able to share here. 😅 ***
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

sethjames

Post by sethjames »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:43 am
sethjames wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:42 pm

I get you on the air over sea shipping - even waiting a few days can feel like eternity for these guys to come home! Haha. Such anticipation for them to arrive on your doorstep; safe and sound. I'll keep an eye out for your post when you do share him with everyone and Ashton and I wish him a very safe flight home to you! Did you get his body in TPE or Silicone?

My new guy is settling in a lot better as I am getting used to him being here and bonding more with him. I've been taking it a lot slower with him than I did with my first guy when he initially came home. I think a part of that is due to the fact that he looks so real in person and I have that mental barrier of "I have to get to know you first" before doing more with him. He has been home for 3 weeks now and I feel a lot more comfortable around him in that time period. Me being an anxious person probably didn't help either to begin with. He is quite lovely though and I enjoy his presence the more I hang out with him and I hug him or hold his hand. (I really love hugging him; that is probably my favorite thing to do with him). 🤗 I do love his eyes and his hair an awful lot too. Just looking at him from across the room; especially at an angle where I can see his longer pointed nose, he is absolutely adorable. Hard to get that on photo... I might try messing around with shadows and lighting to try and capture this. Maggie Rhee or Cole Sprouse comes to mind who have a similar nose type. And of course that cute seductive smile that plays on his lips haha. He's quite the tease 😜

Laying down next to him and caressing his soft hair, while gazing into his eyes, gives a similar feeling of connection I get with my first guy and makes me feel more bonded to him. His eyes are very alluring for sure... I just wish I had asked for a special request of one green eye to give him that 'heterochromia/sectoral heterochromia' look of my character these two are based on.
*SpartanLover was amazing to give me that special request for my first guy, I forgot to ask this time around when I made the order...*

One of these days I will get around to piercing his ear also to match and figure out the nose/lip ring for him.

I have noticed that he brightens any room I bring him into and I want to try doing an outdoor shoot with him soon since he will be easy to get outside when I carry him in the bridal pose; with his arm over my shoulder. In preparation and not knowing what to expect with Silicone, he has been laying on a foam pad lined with a shower curtain/spare sheet most of the time since I got him, but I haven't noticed any oil spots from him at all, so he most likely won't need the curtain liner anymore.
~
Ashton Lazy Morning~.png

Since my last post, I was curious, so I did explore his body a bit more... While not as soft as TPE (at this time I am not sure if Silicone can be), I have noticed that kissing his skin over just gliding my fingertips along his body, while tracing his curves, feels a lot more real (especially when he is freshly powdered). The skin texture he has adds an interesting sensation. And I do love his moles very much... They add such a uniqueness to him. Parts of his body where on a human they would be smooth/not as much texture - like the side of his neck, shoulders, forearms, wrists, ankles, soles of his feet, and palms of his hands - lines up nicely to that of a person and is pleasant to touch or kiss. It will take some time getting accustomed to Silicone after only having experience with TPE thus far. He is incredibly soft on the eyes and his toned body is incredibly sexy to me. I have noticed that his shoulders have the same broadness as my first guy, just with more of a toned chest instead of the muscles usually on a these guys (I love strong looking shoulders on a guy and he has that).

I am appreciating what a work of art he is and it is still a very surreal feeling having him home and that feeling that he is mine. 💕 I love both my guys for their similarities, but also am learning to love what makes them each unique~

Ashton Closeup.png

Another thing with him, is that he is super fun to test out new hairstyles on. I have been styling his hair brushed back a bit more these days, similar to Jack from Titanic, which seems to add some years to his face in real life. This guy must drink a whole lot of green tea to look so youthful haha. 😆🍵 He is a great deal of fun to pose and his personality shines through even more when I take photos while just hanging out with him. I'm still learning how to properly arrange him in images like a guy would appear (there are a lot of ideas for the girls on here), but I need to study how guys pose and move more. I might take the photography course that was shared on the forums awhile back. 📸

He'd probably appreciate me bringing out and showing his best side (although as handsome as he is, every side seems to be his best side... hehe He thinks he could be a model). Just some cute photos of him... Not the best lighting or quality, but his charm shows quite a bit in these:
Handsome Ashton.png
Strike a Pose.png
Strike a Pose with Eye Contact.png
Seductive Eyes.png

I find it crazy cool how just moving him around a bit, getting a different angle, and adjusting his eyes even a little, can seem to bring him to life even more so... ❤️ I am also incredibly happy his sexy freckles are still on his face even after 3 weeks!

***It's taking a lot longer than I wanted to share his arrival post/video. :oops: I am still working on his video of him coming home at the moment that I wanted to post alongside his unboxing post. But I am having issues with the technical aspect, since I filmed all the unboxing videos on my new phone, the computer editing program that I usually use isn't able to handle the quality/compatibility format. Ugh. So now I am searching for the missing codec to be able to get it to read the files, and then will be able to share here. 😅 ***
my guy only came in silicone i think. i don’t remember having an option and the page just says silicone. from my research, silicone looks more realistic than tpe but tpe feels more real. but it seems like based on your experience, silicone also feels quite real so that’s good!

i actually caved in and asked vlad to rush the order 😂 so he will be getting home a week earlier it seems! i’m actually quite busy with work nowadays but i just can’t stop thinking about him lol i bought a whole bunch of clothes and maintenance stuff so i think i’m ready?

you are so detailed and great with words that it makes it so endearing reading your experience with ashton! and your photos are already so nice! they’re pretty high quality images. did you already set up an instagram page for him? i think i saw you said you might. also, you liking running your hands through his hair makes me a bit jealous cause i ordered synthetic implant instead of the real hair. vlad did mention the real hair is softer but the pheonix head has such short hair, i didn’t think it’d make much of a difference.

btw, what skintone did u get on ashton? is this the natural shade? also, you have ashton on foam, i was wondering if a plush mattress be ok for extensive laying down for silicone?

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

sethjames wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:33 am
my guy only came in silicone i think. i don’t remember having an option and the page just says silicone. from my research, silicone looks more realistic than tpe but tpe feels more real. but it seems like based on your experience, silicone also feels quite real so that’s good!

i actually caved in and asked vlad to rush the order 😂 so he will be getting home a week earlier it seems! i’m actually quite busy with work nowadays but i just can’t stop thinking about him lol i bought a whole bunch of clothes and maintenance stuff so i think i’m ready?

you are so detailed and great with words that it makes it so endearing reading your experience with ashton! and your photos are already so nice! they’re pretty high quality images. did you already set up an instagram page for him? i think i saw you said you might. also, you liking running your hands through his hair makes me a bit jealous cause i ordered synthetic implant instead of the real hair. vlad did mention the real hair is softer but the pheonix head has such short hair, i didn’t think it’d make much of a difference.

btw, what skintone did u get on ashton? is this the natural shade? also, you have ashton on foam, i was wondering if a plush mattress be ok for extensive laying down for silicone?
Oh wow, that's very nice of you to say, thank you :oops: These guys are a whole lot of fun to have around for sure~ I did create an Instagram (I couldn't help it, this boy is too photogenic) 🙈 The account will be for both of my guys (they share the same persona and it could get a bit confusing haha, but it works for me). I am a fan of Sci-Fi so like to think of them as the same guy from different time lines, or being able to be in the same place at the same time through time travel. Like Supernatural, Star Trek, or Charmed. That notion helps me bond more with them both.

Ah, I was thinking of the 5'9" body on the Phoenix page (that one has the two options like Michael) and just remembered you got your guy in the taller 5'11" body (Arnold) which does only come in silicone it looks like on the website. The detail on their Silicone is insanely outstanding. They have me curious to see how their TPE feels now...

Oh yay! You will be able to enjoy and start bonding even sooner with your guy ^_^ That is awesome you are prepared; it will give you more time to appreciate him on arrival day upon unboxing him since you have the items in advance.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hair. I have a hunch you will enjoy your guy immensely regardless (He is incredibly handsome). Hair care products can make the hair consistency even softer. I get the same feeling with my first guy and he doesn't have hair (he has a wig), but I still touch his hair an awful lot and love running my fingers through it while spending time with him when he is wearing it. On days when his hair (wig) is drying, I will still cuddle with my chest against his and play with his ears (his ears are way too cute) while talking to him and gazing into his eyes. His face is the Michael face and his ears stick out from his head, which adds a cute charm to him. :oops:

I got Ashton in light tan (tan wasn't available yet) and I have noticed that depending on the lighting I am looking at him in, his skin tone does seem to change 😆 Sometimes he has a tan, other times he looks like he has a natural complexion. I may have over powdered him which makes him look lighter too, oops.😅 Silicone doesn't like to soak up powder quite like TPE does. Light powdering for these guys is best hehe.

My favorite lighting to look at him in, is when the soft morning sunshine touches him just right through the frosted window pane while I am making my morning coffee. He looks ever so tan in that lighting and seems to glow even. A very nice sight to behold upon just waking up too... Of course I marvel in watching him, if even just for a moment, while waiting for the pot to brew. Usually this ends with me sitting next to him and giving him a good morning kiss on the forehead. :oops: He is too sweet, I can't help it. Possibly he needs a spray tan, but I wouldn't want to damage him or cover up his veins. Golden hour might also illuminate him even more and bring out his skin tone! I'll have to test it out. I think he would look lovely in a shot with green grass and flowers; especially with the sky and clouds behind him almost as a portrait.

Did you go for tan on your guy?

Is the plush mattress considered a pillowtop with some give? Softer is better for what they lay on I have noticed. If it is too firm it can distort their rears over time (more so on TPE). I know the foam pad lining can help to distribute their weight and should lessen/stop flattening of their rear when laying down while in a settled pose (hands down at the sides). I usually use a 4" one for my first guy on my bed (though his first 3 months here we used the 1" one currently on the sofa) and his bum is just as nice as the day he arrived. From my understanding, Silicone is less likely to compress than TPE, though I am still learning and taking precautions can help them stay in their best shape. Laying down is much better than sitting for long periods of time (especially for Silicone) to avoid creasing or tearing.

I have seen a lot of people who like standing them up against the wall too, with a pillow behind their back. I would worry too much if they were alone and somehow fell down in this position though, therefore would only use under supervision personally or if they had a well constructed stand to hold them up. I would be heartbroken coming home to one of them on the floor (falls are really bad for these guys and could damage the skeleton).
When having them laying down moving their positions once in awhile will also help too so they don't develop crease lines, compression marks, or have stress on certain parts of the body from being in the same position for too long.

I have the impression your guy will steal your heart when he gets to you and you look into his eyes and touch him for the very first time. 🤗 This line of guys have extremely realistic eyes (even more so in person). It can feel like they are staring into your soul. The experience can be surreal at first. I remember apologizing to my first guy for being so forward with him while he was naked and I was giving him a bath upon his arrival. 😆

I really hope your guy will be everything you want and more when he arrives home. These amazing guys have such a way of bringing happiness into your life that is quite remarkable. 💛
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

sethjames

Post by sethjames »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:20 am
sethjames wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:33 am

Oh wow, that's very nice of you to say, thank you :oops: These guys are a whole lot of fun to have around for sure~ I did create an Instagram (I couldn't help it, this boy is too photogenic) 🙈 The account will be for both of my guys (they share the same persona and it could get a bit confusing haha, but it works for me). I am a fan of Sci-Fi so like to think of them as the same guy from different time lines, or being able to be in the same place at the same time through time travel. Like Supernatural, Star Trek, or Charmed. That notion helps me bond more with them both.

Ah, I was thinking of the 5'9" body on the Phoenix page (that one has the two options like Michael) and just remembered you got your guy in the taller 5'11" body (Arnold) which does only come in silicone it looks like on the website. The detail on their Silicone is insanely outstanding. They have me curious to see how their TPE feels now...

Oh yay! You will be able to enjoy and start bonding even sooner with your guy ^_^ That is awesome you are prepared; it will give you more time to appreciate him on arrival day upon unboxing him since you have the items in advance.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hair. I have a hunch you will enjoy your guy immensely regardless (He is incredibly handsome). Hair care products can make the hair consistency even softer. I get the same feeling with my first guy and he doesn't have hair (he has a wig), but I still touch his hair an awful lot and love running my fingers through it while spending time with him when he is wearing it. On days when his hair (wig) is drying, I will still cuddle with my chest against his and play with his ears (his ears are way too cute) while talking to him and gazing into his eyes. His face is the Michael face and his ears stick out from his head, which adds a cute charm to him. :oops:

I got Ashton in light tan (tan wasn't available yet) and I have noticed that depending on the lighting I am looking at him in, his skin tone does seem to change 😆 Sometimes he has a tan, other times he looks like he has a natural complexion. I may have over powdered him which makes him look lighter too, oops.😅 Silicone doesn't like to soak up powder quite like TPE does. Light powdering for these guys is best hehe.

My favorite lighting to look at him in, is when the soft morning sunshine touches him just right through the frosted window pane while I am making my morning coffee. He looks ever so tan in that lighting and seems to glow even. A very nice sight to behold upon just waking up too... Of course I marvel in watching him, if even just for a moment, while waiting for the pot to brew. Usually this ends with me sitting next to him and giving him a good morning kiss on the forehead. :oops: He is too sweet, I can't help it. Possibly he needs a spray tan, but I wouldn't want to damage him or cover up his veins. Golden hour might also illuminate him even more and bring out his skin tone! I'll have to test it out. I think he would look lovely in a shot with green grass and flowers; especially with the sky and clouds behind him almost as a portrait.

Did you go for tan on your guy?

Is the plush mattress considered a pillowtop with some give? Softer is better for what they lay on I have noticed. If it is too firm it can distort their rears over time (more so on TPE). I know the foam pad lining can help to distribute their weight and should lessen/stop flattening of their rear when laying down while in a settled pose (hands down at the sides). I usually use a 4" one for my first guy on my bed (though his first 3 months here we used the 1" one currently on the sofa) and his bum is just as nice as the day he arrived. From my understanding, Silicone is less likely to compress than TPE, though I am still learning and taking precautions can help them stay in their best shape. Laying down is much better than sitting for long periods of time (especially for Silicone) to avoid creasing or tearing.

I have seen a lot of people who like standing them up against the wall too, with a pillow behind their back. I would worry too much if they were alone and somehow fell down in this position though, therefore would only use under supervision personally or if they had a well constructed stand to hold them up. I would be heartbroken coming home to one of them on the floor (falls are really bad for these guys and could damage the skeleton).
When having them laying down moving their positions once in awhile will also help too so they don't develop crease lines, compression marks, or have stress on certain parts of the body from being in the same position for too long.

I have the impression your guy will steal your heart when he gets to you and you look into his eyes and touch him for the very first time. 🤗 This line of guys have extremely realistic eyes (even more so in person). It can feel like they are staring into your soul. The experience can be surreal at first. I remember apologizing to my first guy for being so forward with him while he was naked and I was giving him a bath upon his arrival. 😆

I really hope your guy will be everything you want and more when he arrives home. These amazing guys have such a way of bringing happiness into your life that is quite remarkable. 💛
have you considered using a powder with actual color on it? i saw a guy on youtube who does that because he finds that baby powder makes the skin ashy. i’m not sure how safe foundation powders are on silicone tho. nonetheless i’d be scared to do that too cause like you said, may cover the veins and details.

i did go for tan. i would’ve gone for the light brown (even darker) but it looks a bit ashy on the pic. there’s a photo review on arnold’s page which looks like it’s the light brown but i’m not sure cause it could also be the lighting. i would love that color but scared that it’d be ashy on daylight. i guess i could’ve asked vlad for factory pics but in the end, the tan one will do.

my plush mattress is from ikea and its very soft that i actually sink into it. i prefer this cause i’m a side sleeper so my joints can dig in. i did get the standing feet so i should be able to stand him up in between the bed and the wall so if he does fall while i’m away, he falls on the bed.

really can’t wait now given your descriptions! i got an email about one of the items shipping and i got so excited but it’s the hook for storage only haha. it seems like they’re doing a separate shipment for that 😂

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

sethjames wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:46 am
have you considered using a powder with actual color on it? i saw a guy on youtube who does that because he finds that baby powder makes the skin ashy. i’m not sure how safe foundation powders are on silicone tho. nonetheless i’d be scared to do that too cause like you said, may cover the veins and details.

i did go for tan. i would’ve gone for the light brown (even darker) but it looks a bit ashy on the pic. there’s a photo review on arnold’s page which looks like it’s the light brown but i’m not sure cause it could also be the lighting. i would love that color but scared that it’d be ashy on daylight. i guess i could’ve asked vlad for factory pics but in the end, the tan one will do.

my plush mattress is from ikea and its very soft that i actually sink into it. i prefer this cause i’m a side sleeper so my joints can dig in. i did get the standing feet so i should be able to stand him up in between the bed and the wall so if he does fall while i’m away, he falls on the bed.

really can’t wait now given your descriptions! i got an email about one of the items shipping and i got so excited but it’s the hook for storage only haha. it seems like they’re doing a separate shipment for that 😂
Leaving one of these guys standing when heading out and returning to them laying on the bed would give major Toy Story vibes hehe. I would still be cautious to protect the lashes/face if left standing with the head on.
That is a lovely color on the Arnold in the photo review! Now you have me curious to know what skin tone he is considered as well. Also wondering if 'Tan' and 'Light Tan' skin tone on this line is the same or different now too... 🤔

I've never thought of talc with color in it; that's an interesting idea! Do you remember the name/brand that was used? Your post sent me on a long search down the rabbit hole, and I stayed up way too late the past couple of nights looking, but I may have found something that might work? After comparing side by side a lot of the ingredients in each of the products, the closest thing I could find was 'Special Effects Talc Dusting Powder'. This may give that tan glow. If I tried it, it would have to be on a spot of him that wasn't as noticeable if I messed up (though I would be hard-pressed to pick a spot on him I didn't care about to test it out...). Some might say the bottom of the feet, but I love his feet way too much to test it there haha.
On Silicone, I would worry about streaks without proper blending or that Ash would leave stains where he sits/lays unless possibly sealed with a 'color seal powder' which may well have a reverse effect; making him pale again. I know the special effects brand sells a 'sealing color spray' as well, but the active ingredient is alcohol and I don't think that plays well with Silicone and could damage it. Times like these I wish I worked at a factory to know what sealant they use on these guys to get the color to stay (and that would be a pretty cool job in general; especially the artistic aspect of it...) I might make a post in the Silicone Dolls in General group asking if the SFX Powder would be safe to use on him.

Just a quick side by side showing Ash in different lighting at the factory and how his color looks like it changes depending on a few factors. When he is 'wet' (for lack of a better term) in the photo with his hair cut, his skin is more vibrant too. He's like a chameleon 😆 In the longer haired photos he looks more like a British Prince lol
I'm guessing that's the complexion you don't prefer?
Ash Skin Different Lighting.png
Ash Skin Different Lighting.png (559.33 KiB) Viewed 983 times
Ash Skin Different Lighting 2.png
Ash Skin Different Lighting 2.png (513.2 KiB) Viewed 983 times
It makes me ponder if the paint details are reflecting depending on what lighting he is in causing the effect and 'color change' appearance.
Ash's head does this sometimes too depending on the lighting. I haven't powdered his face at all since he has been home because I didn't want to cover up his freckles. In the bathroom light when washing his hair, his tone seems like that 'warm Asian' or 'beach babe' glow that I love. 'Tan' and 'Light Tan' being two different color palettes on this line could also explain the differences a bit, but I don't see the 'Light Tan' as an option on 'Lee's' page anymore. You'll have to let me know your experience when you get your guy hehe. For now, this sweet boy can just be my ghost at times under different lighting until I can figure out how best to powder him safely and efficiently. 👻

That is one thing I don't have to worry about with my TPE Ashton; he usually stays the same handsome 'Tan' color even when powdered and in different lighting haha 😅 Except when I play around with his face makeup. Silicone does have a natural sheen in comparison to TPE. This boy is such a learning curve, but I am loving expanding my knowledge for sure.

Sounds like your guy might be preparing for shipment soon; that's super exciting! 🥳 Shipping can sometimes take a little bit of time before you get the tracking number, just to make sure your guy is packaged really well and safely, before he makes that long journey home ^-^✈️
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

4891d
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by 4891d »

Saaskiya :" What a handsome boy! Have you seen his hands? He has the hands of a pianist, I think."
Trixie : "So, I want to be the piano!" :wink:
Saaskiya : "Trixie! He's already with someone!"
Trixie : "Oh! Too bad!" :(

Well, Ashton makes a big impact on Saaskiya and Trixie! He sure is beautiful! Congratulation! :)

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

sethjames

Post by sethjames »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:04 pm
sethjames wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:46 am

Leaving one of these guys standing when heading out and returning to them laying on the bed would give major Toy Story vibes hehe. I would still be cautious to protect the lashes/face if left standing with the head on.
That is a lovely color on the Arnold in the photo review! Now you have me curious to know what skin tone he is considered as well. Also wondering if 'Tan' and 'Light Tan' skin tone on this line is the same or different now too... 🤔

I've never thought of talc with color in it; that's an interesting idea! Do you remember the name/brand that was used? Your post sent me on a long search down the rabbit hole, and I stayed up way too late the past couple of nights looking, but I may have found something that might work? After comparing side by side a lot of the ingredients in each of the products, the closest thing I could find was 'Special Effects Talc Dusting Powder'. This may give that tan glow. If I tried it, it would have to be on a spot of him that wasn't as noticeable if I messed up (though I would be hard-pressed to pick a spot on him I didn't care about to test it out...). Some might say the bottom of the feet, but I love his feet way too much to test it there haha.
On Silicone, I would worry about streaks without proper blending or that Ash would leave stains where he sits/lays unless possibly sealed with a 'color seal powder' which may well have a reverse effect; making him pale again. I know the special effects brand sells a 'sealing color spray' as well, but the active ingredient is alcohol and I don't think that plays well with Silicone and could damage it. Times like these I wish I worked at a factory to know what sealant they use on these guys to get the color to stay (and that would be a pretty cool job in general; especially the artistic aspect of it...) I might make a post in the Silicone Dolls in General group asking if the SFX Powder would be safe to use on him.

Just a quick side by side showing Ash in different lighting at the factory and how his color looks like it changes depending on a few factors. When he is 'wet' (for lack of a better term) in the photo with his hair cut, his skin is more vibrant too. He's like a chameleon 😆 In the longer haired photos he looks more like a British Prince lol
I'm guessing that's the complexion you don't prefer?
Ash Skin Different Lighting.png
Ash Skin Different Lighting 2.png

It makes me ponder if the paint details are reflecting depending on what lighting he is in causing the effect and 'color change' appearance.
Ash's head does this sometimes too depending on the lighting. I haven't powdered his face at all since he has been home because I didn't want to cover up his freckles. In the bathroom light when washing his hair, his tone seems like that 'warm Asian' or 'beach babe' glow that I love. 'Tan' and 'Light Tan' being two different color palettes on this line could also explain the differences a bit, but I don't see the 'Light Tan' as an option on 'Lee's' page anymore. You'll have to let me know your experience when you get your guy hehe. For now, this sweet boy can just be my ghost at times under different lighting until I can figure out how best to powder him safely and efficiently. 👻

That is one thing I don't have to worry about with my TPE Ashton; he usually stays the same handsome 'Tan' color even when powdered and in different lighting haha 😅 Except when I play around with his face makeup. Silicone does have a natural sheen in comparison to TPE. This boy is such a learning curve, but I am loving expanding my knowledge for sure.

Sounds like your guy might be preparing for shipment soon; that's super exciting! 🥳 Shipping can sometimes take a little bit of time before you get the tracking number, just to make sure your guy is packaged really well and safely, before he makes that long journey home ^-^✈️
here is the video (about 2:50 mark): https://youtu.be/_v4PE5A74MY

he goes over the doll with baby powder and then puts on foundation powder on top. the foundation is off a palette tho and not loose powder. that might be the trick as to not cover so much detail? foundation off a palette doesn’t give as much product on the brush as loose powder. off spartanlover’s website it says on the owners guide section that eye makeup palettes is what they use for lips, nipples etc. so i guess a larger version of that can be ok for the body?

based off my factory videos, the skin color (tan) seems to be a bit darker than yours (light tan). i also adjusted the exposure (brightness) on the video to see a more accurate color because it seems like the video was shot on an iphone. iphones tend to overexpose color especially in bright, spacious environment. i will keep you posted when my guy arrives and then i can take a professional pic with better camera settings. if he’s lighter in person than what i had initially wanted, then i might test out powdering with a coloured foundation like the guy on youtube. maybe not everywhere on the body, just high points where the light normally hits. that might also give a more realistic skin-like look since our skin isn’t that even anyway. although your concern about it leaving marks everywhere is a very valid point as a lot of my sheets are white/beige 😂 we shall see.

ps. vlad said i should be expecting my tracking number in the next few days 🥳🥳 im hoping i receive him by late next week!

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

sethjames wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:17 am
here is the video (about 2:50 mark): https://youtu.be/_v4PE5A74MY

he goes over the doll with baby powder and then puts on foundation powder on top. the foundation is off a palette tho and not loose powder. that might be the trick as to not cover so much detail? foundation off a palette doesn’t give as much product on the brush as loose powder. off spartanlover’s website it says on the owners guide section that eye makeup palettes is what they use for lips, nipples etc. so i guess a larger version of that can be ok for the body?

based off my factory videos, the skin color (tan) seems to be a bit darker than yours (light tan). i also adjusted the exposure (brightness) on the video to see a more accurate color because it seems like the video was shot on an iphone. iphones tend to overexpose color especially in bright, spacious environment. i will keep you posted when my guy arrives and then i can take a professional pic with better camera settings. if he’s lighter in person than what i had initially wanted, then i might test out powdering with a coloured foundation like the guy on youtube. maybe not everywhere on the body, just high points where the light normally hits. that might also give a more realistic skin-like look since our skin isn’t that even anyway. although your concern about it leaving marks everywhere is a very valid point as a lot of my sheets are white/beige 😂 we shall see.

ps. vlad said i should be expecting my tracking number in the next few days 🥳🥳 im hoping i receive him by late next week!
Thank you for sharing the link. :D I got lost watching the makeup skills in the video and would love to try testing it out on Ash. I hope the powder effect is similar on Silicone as the girl in the video is TPE. My guys have a lot of makeup already and this video makes me want to expand my knowledge and skills with them. I'm sure they would appreciate me learning how better to do their faces up and I am loving the glamour look on the lips shown in the video.

Yes, please do let me know what you notice in person for your guy! As well as if photos make his skin look different than what you are seeing when you look at him when he is right in front of you. The coloring powder on the high points where the light hits does sound like it would help in not washing them out in the images taken of them. My guy's complexion is not pale or white in real life, but some of these photos make him look like he is... Or even green sometimes :puppydogeyes:
(I probably sound silly talking about loving his 'tan skin tone' so much on here when sharing photos that look like he isn't tan at all lol)

I did notice a little in person, but not as drastic as in the images/videos. Now I'm kind of obsessing over this while choosing the photos to add to Ash's unboxing post/video. He appears Tan in real life and doesn't change as much like he seems to in the photos and videos I captured of him. (Only being more vibrant in the sunrise or the bathroom lighting, but overall he looks like the skin tone in the short haired factory photos almost all the time, sometimes even darker in real time). I think a studio light might have been pointed at him in that one since I can see the stand in the corner of the other factory image.
Ash Skin Tone.jpg
Ash Skin Tone.jpg (503.77 KiB) Viewed 840 times
I think you are right about the exposure on the phones or which camera is used. His silicone skin must reflect differently. This is more noticeable with shadows being projected on him; which show up more gray and take away his color where it hits him in those images - sort of making him look devoid of color in some spots at times. I am seeing this in a lot of the images depending on what light source/angle I try photographing him in; even though looking at him in person, right now, he is Tan! Lol. He's confusing. I feel like I'm going a bit crazy trying to figure this out 😅 When I watch TV at night with him and take a photo of him, I did take note that his skin reflects the blue projection from the screen way more than TPE does in the photos, but that is to be expected because they have more shine to them. He's like one of those mood rings that were so popular in the 90s...

You had me curious so I just tested it out a bit. The only thing I changed was how close to him I was and the angle when I took his picture in these. Depending even on the distance I take the photo, or if I zoom in and take his picture, he seems to change his overall color too 8O I took these one after the other and didn't change the lighting at all. *I know the quality on these are bad, just wanted to show the difference in his colors here. Additionally, my apologies in advance for these being a bit reminiscent of those tacky tinder dating profile images*

I took a close up shot of him first. (His skin tone still isn't what I'm seeing in real life, but love this picture the best because it shows the skin texture and detail I mentioned in his first images a bit. It is hard to capture on my camera, but is even more breathtaking in person.):
Ashton sexy skin texture.jpg
Ashton sexy skin texture.jpg (4.21 MiB) Viewed 840 times

Second a regular distance away from him. This one gives more of a green hue:
Ashton side view.jpg
Ashton side view.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 840 times

Then I tried standing above him for the next shot. When I did this, the phone must have thought it was 'too dark' so it took it with Night Mode on. This gave his skin more of a painting appearance:
Ash Night mode.jpg
Ash Night mode.jpg (3.93 MiB) Viewed 840 times

After that I tried a wider angle of him (I cropped this image closer, but you can still see it gave him more of red tone):
Wide Angle Cropped in.jpg
Wide Angle Cropped in.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 840 times

Thereafter I turned his body towards the light source. I moved the camera as near to him as possible without it getting too blurry. His skin tone matched more to what I see in real life, but it is so close it is hard to even tell what I am looking at: 😂
Ashton super close up skin.jpg
Ashton super close up skin.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 840 times

Lastly, this was zoomed in on him at a distance. Same shot as above, but this was the closest I could get on camera to his actual color in this lighting. Though, this made the shot blurry and grainy:
Zoomed in shot.jpg
Zoomed in shot.jpg (753.38 KiB) Viewed 840 times
Oy vey, This boy... *sigh* Now I will most definitely take a course on doll photography to know the best exposure/lighting/angle to showcase him in... I do have a lighting kit that will most likely help in future images once I get the hang of it. (I might actually go try a few right now, playing around with the kit as well as the iso & shutter speed, to see if I can illuminate him... haha).
Also am now wondering if there is a way to put a filter on the ones I've already taken to try and get his skin tone to 'match' what I am seeing in real life. 🤔
If not, I'll finish the post and video all the same and he can be a chameleon haha. :haha4:

Even if I can't figure it out on camera yet, he is still just as gorgeous to me. His eyes... they slay me... Especially when that light catches them just right and they seem to sparkle with emotion like in this shot hehe. 🙈🥰
Ash morning light.jpg
Ash morning light.jpg (3.16 MiB) Viewed 840 times
(The camera still appears to like and show his skin best in this early morning glow/sunrise lighting. For now, I guess this is the best skin tone I can catch of him on camera...Such an elusive guy lol)

~

P.S. Super excited for you! I saw your post on your handsome new guy yesterday! Heck yeah!!😊 :multi:
~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

4891d wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:13 am
Saaskiya :" What a handsome boy! Have you seen his hands? He has the hands of a pianist, I think."
Trixie : "So, I want to be the piano!" :wink:
Saaskiya : "Trixie! He's already with someone!"
Trixie : "Oh! Too bad!" :(

Well, Ashton makes a big impact on Saaskiya and Trixie! He sure is beautiful! Congratulation! :)

Aww, thank you! 😊 When I told Ashton what Trixie and Saaskiya said about him, he seemed to blush 🤭
Ashton Blush.jpg
Ashton Blush.jpg (4.14 MiB) Viewed 809 times
Bashful Ash.jpg
Bashful Ash.jpg (4.55 MiB) Viewed 809 times
I don't think he knows how handsome he is (even though he hears me say it to him almost daily). Or if he does, he's just very humble about it 💛 His artistic hands were one of the reasons I initially chose him.
Seeing him looking my way like this, I must admit, he has me catching feelings for him like crazy. :oops:
Ashton Blushing.jpg
Ashton Blushing.jpg (4.75 MiB) Viewed 809 times
**After the last post, we played around with the studio light we have (while shooting in manual mode), and we may have figured out how to finally catch Ash on camera the way I see him in person!! This makes me ever so happy~~ :crying: 🤗 I can't even...just look at him 🥹 My heart cannot take it❤️**
~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

INFORMATIONS