www.wmdolls.com

Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Resonator

Re: Anxiously awaiting my custom doll from Spartan Lover

Post by Resonator »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:52 am
Resonator wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:39 am Wow, always very cool to see fully custom dolls out there.
I’m honestly surprised there aren’t more :o
Yeah, same. I think cost is probably a factor though, and people might just be happy with something that's just "good enough," especially depending on how they use their dolls.

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

Post by MyAbsoluteBoyfriend »

Resonator wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:53 pm
Resonator wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:39 am Wow, always very cool to see fully custom dolls out there.
Yeah, same. I think cost is probably a factor though, and people might just be happy with something that's just "good enough," especially depending on how they use their dolls.
I think a part of there not being so many custom dolls out there, is due to the fact that a lot of manufacturers won't create a custom doll that is based off of a celebrity or character in fear that it might violate intellectual or likeness copyright. (Some won't even create one off of a few features from different ones; blended together). But it does seem like that has changed since 2016 (at least outside of the US?), since I see countless dolls that look like celebrities and female video game characters these days (GameLady & SY brand comes to mind), but with different names to possibly avoid that clause in court.

With a custom doll you hope the manufacturer can make an almost 95% match based on what you supply. Even dolls from the same molds can vary widely as it is. Since there are no factory photos on these unique creations to know if your custom doll will be exactly how you imagined them to be, that is a lot of money to spend in the hopes that they will look exactly how you expected them to when supplying the 3D models/pictures to them. It can be more of a gamble depending on who you have manufacture the custom doll as well.

Spartan did do an excellent job on your custom Astarion; his quality looks top-notch from these photos. It has me wondering if his face was created by the same factory who made his body also.
~
~Things become precious not because of what they're worth...
but because of the memory they hold.~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '
♥ My Ash's Thread ♥ ~★Follow Our Adventures on Instagram!★~
🅼🆈 🅻🅾🆅🅴, 🅲🅾🅽🆂🆃🅰🅽🆃 🅲🅾🅼🅿🅰🅽🅸🅾🅽, 🅿🅻🅰🅲🅴 🅾🅵 🅱🅴🅻🅾🅽🅶🅸🅽🅶 🅼🆈 🅰🅱🆂🅾🅻🆄🆃🅴 🅱🅾🆈🅵🆁🅸🅴🅽🅳.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:18 pm
I think a part of there not being so many custom dolls out there, is due to the fact that a lot of manufacturers won't create a custom doll that is based off of a celebrity or character in fear that it might violate intellectual or likeness copyright. (Some won't even create one off of a few features from different ones; blended together). But it does seem like that has changed since 2016 (at least outside of the US?), since I see countless dolls that look like celebrities and female video game characters these days (GameLady & SY brand comes to mind), but with different names to possibly avoid that clause in court.

With a custom doll you hope the manufacturer can make an almost 95% match based on what you supply. Even dolls from the same molds can vary widely as it is. Since there are no factory photos on these unique creations to know if your custom doll will be exactly how you imagined them to be, that is a lot of money to spend in the hopes that they will look exactly how you expected them to when supplying the 3D models/pictures to them. It can be more of a gamble depending on who you have manufacture the custom doll as well.

Spartan did do an excellent job on your custom Astarion; his quality looks top-notch from these photos. It has me wondering if his face was created by the same factory who made his body also.
~

I had an artist do the 3d model & I sent them the file & they printed/produced the head so I think it’s the same factory.

& that is very true! I didn’t think about that. But like you said I am also seeing more dolls that resemble celebrities & characters out there, so maybe it isn’t as big as an issue as before? Maybe the name changes & slight changes in appearance are enough to keep people out of trouble? I’m very happy they made him a reality for me ^_^

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:11 am They did an excellent job on your custom guy; now I'm excited to see you put all of his Astarion cosplay, hair, and makeup on him once you get him ^_^ I really like his nose and the detail lines his face; they turned out wonderfully!
That's awesome news; SpartanLover has excellent customer service for sure. Since he is a Realing body, you are going to love those toes and hands haha

As for his eyes; are you looking for glass eyes, acrylic, plastic, or resin? Did you want them to be sparkly red or standard red? Real iris or a standard set? Last question, I promise, are you looking for the half sphere or the full ball eyes for your guy?

I know a few places that have red eyes, but am not sure exactly what type you wanted for him 😅 (I went on this crazy quest for the 'perfect' eyes for my first guy, so understand how difficult it can be to find the perfect ones you want for your guy).

Most of the realistic iris/pupil ones in red seem to only go up to 20mm and 22mm... I did find a pair that is 26mm with the pupil, but on hard silicone that won't fit. 🤔

Do any of these look like Astarion to you? I can PM you the links if you would like. Thinking #6 are most likely to look superb on your guy.
-Red Eyes-.jpg

~
At this point I’m just looking for any eyes just similar to what his look like, I don’t care if they are resin, glass, whatever :p From what I saw they were using half spheres on him. I purchased some that are good enough but I’m still open to finding just the right pair of eyes.

Ooooo #6 looks nice! Yes please PM me a link ^_^

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:57 am I had an artist do the 3d model & I sent them the file & they printed/produced the head so I think it’s the same factory.

& that is very true! I didn’t think about that. But like you said I am also seeing more dolls that resemble celebrities & characters out there, so maybe it isn’t as big as an issue as before? Maybe the name changes & slight changes in appearance are enough to keep people out of trouble? I’m very happy they made him a reality for me ^_^
That is awesome they could make him come to life. If his face is made by Realing too, the detail they put into their dolls is remarkable. You are very lucky to get your dream guy for sure ^_^ (I bet he will look even more handsome once he settles in at home with you). Sometimes factory lighting doesn't do these dolls justice, but looking at these, he looks really sightly already (I especially like the side profile of his nose).

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:03 am At this point I’m just looking for any eyes just similar to what his look like, I don’t care if they are resin, glass, whatever :p From what I saw they were using half spheres on him. I purchased some that are good enough but I’m still open to finding just the right pair of eyes.

I PM'd you the link for the eyes :D I think those look closest to what Astarion looks like based on searching his images on google.

~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

Resonator

Post by Resonator »

~
I can understand the concerns about copyright. Good to see that some manufacturers are finding ways around that. A 95% similarity sounds pretty good, but it is definitely still a lot of money to risk if you're not sure if they can recreate it faithfully. I'm mainly interested in this topic because I have a custom doll idea in mind - a female one, not a male one though - that I would make if I'm ever in the position to do so (though it may never actually happen, since I would need my own place for that). I'm always interested to see how accurately custom dolls reflect the photos a customer gives. Not seeing a lot of examples out there in the wild. It looks like they did a pretty good job on yours.

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:03 am
MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:11 am They did an excellent job on your custom guy; now I'm excited to see you put all of his Astarion cosplay, hair, and makeup on him once you get him ^_^ I really like his nose and the detail lines his face; they turned out wonderfully!
That's awesome news; SpartanLover has excellent customer service for sure. Since he is a Realing body, you are going to love those toes and hands haha

As for his eyes; are you looking for glass eyes, acrylic, plastic, or resin? Did you want them to be sparkly red or standard red? Real iris or a standard set? Last question, I promise, are you looking for the half sphere or the full ball eyes for your guy?

I know a few places that have red eyes, but am not sure exactly what type you wanted for him 😅 (I went on this crazy quest for the 'perfect' eyes for my first guy, so understand how difficult it can be to find the perfect ones you want for your guy).

Most of the realistic iris/pupil ones in red seem to only go up to 20mm and 22mm... I did find a pair that is 26mm with the pupil, but on hard silicone that won't fit. 🤔

Do any of these look like Astarion to you? I can PM you the links if you would like. Thinking #6 are most likely to look superb on your guy.
-Red Eyes-.jpg

~
At this point I’m just looking for any eyes just similar to what his look like, I don’t care if they are resin, glass, whatever :p From what I saw they were using half spheres on him. I purchased some that are good enough but I’m still open to finding just the right pair of eyes.

Have you contacted MF Creations? He has various different types of eyes, (even custom eyes for the oddball dolls that use non standard eyes and/or sockets), and is very approachable. We have gone back and forth on the eyes for my girl, (All silicone SM Doll), because she uses a special "socket" type eye, (we think), so I am on hold until I get her so we can be sure.

He is on the forum so you can always send him a PM he can also be reached at MF Creations <mf.creations.shop@gmail.com> or his website:

https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/2020 ... -eyes.html

I usually just email him and he has never failed to respond within the day.

You can look at all the "stock" colors he can do for you and I think he even mentioned that he can do other custom colors that might not be shown on this page. (But I don't speak for him so any questions contact him.)

https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/p/em ... talog.html

I think your "Man" looks great and so excited to to see you so excited about him too... :D

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Resonator wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:29 pm

~
I can understand the concerns about copyright. Good to see that some manufacturers are finding ways around that. A 95% similarity sounds pretty good, but it is definitely still a lot of money to risk if you're not sure if they can recreate it faithfully. I'm mainly interested in this topic because I have a custom doll idea in mind - a female one, not a male one though - that I would make if I'm ever in the position to do so (though it may never actually happen, since I would need my own place for that). I'm always interested to see how accurately custom dolls reflect the photos a customer gives. Not seeing a lot of examples out there in the wild. It looks like they did a pretty good job on yours.

The best way to go about a custom I feel is to find a 3D artist, one that has a decent sized portfolio. I found one on Etsy, they were a good price & did really spot on work. With the people making the doll I only saw one pic example of a custom they did & it wasn’t really a good match to the pic of the person they were making.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:26 pm
DreamyStarrr wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:03 am

-Red Eyes-.jpg

~

Have you contacted MF Creations? He has various different types of eyes, (even custom eyes for the oddball dolls that use non standard eyes and/or sockets), and is very approachable. We have gone back and forth on the eyes for my girl, (All silicone SM Doll), because she uses a special "socket" type eye, (we think), so I am on hold until I get her so we can be sure.

He is on the forum so you can always send him a PM he can also be reached at MF Creations <mf.creations.shop@gmail.com> or his website:

https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/2020 ... -eyes.html

I usually just email him and he has never failed to respond within the day.

You can look at all the "stock" colors he can do for you and I think he even mentioned that he can do other custom colors that might not be shown on this page. (But I don't speak for him so any questions contact him.)

https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/p/em ... talog.html

I think your "Man" looks great and so excited to to see you so excited about him too... :D
I haven’t! But thank you for sharing this with me!! I see they do eye lids as well? Definitely looking into this ^_^ thank you thank you!

I’m so beyond excited! Currently waiting for them to ship him, I’m going to be checking the tracking every few seconds lol :p

Stocking_Hunter

DreamyStarrr wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:44 pm
I’m so beyond excited! Currently waiting for them to ship him, I’m going to be checking the tracking every few seconds lol :p
I can totally understand. :D I have my girl on the way and even though I have a FEDEX Tracking Number Watch with notifications, (both email & text!), I am constantly checking to see if she has arrived stateside... The anxiety is KILLING ME!

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend

DreamyStarrr wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:44 pm I’m so beyond excited! Currently waiting for them to ship him, I’m going to be checking the tracking every few seconds lol :p
Distracting yourself while waiting for them to get to you can be helpful (though that is easier said than done haha)
I was trying to find some custom dolls on the threads, and you are right, there aren't that many examples being shared. 😅 I did see a post on a custom TPE head you had commissioned DreamyStarrr. You already have a custom TPE guy? That's really cool! Did he turn out the way you expected?
I'm unsure if TPE customs are as close of a match as Silicone custom faces and am curious to know your experience.
~
-' Absolute Boyfriend '

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

MyAbsoluteBoyfriend wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:20 am
DreamyStarrr wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:44 pm I’m so beyond excited! Currently waiting for them to ship him, I’m going to be checking the tracking every few seconds lol :p
Distracting yourself while waiting for them to get to you can be helpful (though that is easier said than done haha)
I was trying to find some custom dolls on the threads, and you are right, there aren't that many examples being shared. 😅 I did see a post on a custom TPE head you had commissioned DreamyStarrr. You already have a custom TPE guy? That's really cool! Did he turn out the way you expected?
I'm unsure if TPE customs are as close of a match as Silicone custom faces and am curious to know your experience.
~
No I don’t. I was in the process of getting one, well the head, but it didn’t work out. The head didn’t turn out how I wanted, money issues, etc etc. My silicone guy is going to be my first doll.

Yea I’m trying to stay distracted but because I’ve been so patient already & I’m at the end of the waiting journey I’m becoming a bit restless lol.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:49 pm
I can totally understand. :D I have my girl on the way and even though I have a FEDEX Tracking Number Watch with notifications, (both email & text!), I am constantly checking to see if she has arrived stateside... The anxiety is KILLING ME!
How exciting! Hah well hey, sometimes when you check the tracking you see up to date tracking before the other things send you notifications :p what kind of girl did you get? :)

Stocking_Hunter

DreamyStarrr wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:46 am
How exciting! Hah well hey, sometimes when you check the tracking you see up to date tracking before the other things send you notifications :p what kind of girl did you get? :)
Funny thing... Right after I posted here on TDF I got a popup from FEDEX telling me that "Lexy" is stateside and arriving on Friday! 8O

So I went in today and told my Boss, (didn't ask. TOLD), that I was taking the next week off starting this Friday. He was just sort of "Okay", (I usually don't take time off from work unless I am sick), and he didn't question it any further.

Of course now I am a nervous wreck...

SM168.

DreamyStarrr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DreamyStarrr »

Stocking_Hunter wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:25 pm
DreamyStarrr wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:46 am
Funny thing... Right after I posted here on TDF I got a popup from FEDEX telling me that "Lexy" is stateside and arriving on Friday! 8O

So I went in today and told my Boss, (didn't ask. TOLD), that I was taking the next week off starting this Friday. He was just sort of "Okay", (I usually don't take time off from work unless I am sick), and he didn't question it any further.

Of course now I am a nervous wreck...

SM168.
Ah! Awesome!! I hope you & your lady have a wonderful week together ^_^

INFORMATIONS