Starpery.com

InspireTeddy.com for producing our new fabric dolls?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Nada

InspireTeddy.com for producing our new fabric dolls?

Post by Nada »

Sewing Item Processing - Cartoon Characters, Sport Mascots, Souvenirs Toys OEM and Brand Marketing. From sketches to on the shelf ready!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:40 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for your attention!! We are experts in developing and manufacturing range of Plush Toys, Sport Mascot, Festival and Souvenirs Toys.

We setup prototype from your sketches/pictures and offering manufacture solutions with an unbeatable MOQ and pricing. Over the years, we market our brands as well as working with oversea cartoon brands to serve companies such as retail chain, distributors and sport organizations. Should you have interests in inquiring for OEM/ODM orders or any processing item that requires sewing, please contact us or check out our website http://www.InspireTeddy.com for more details!

Kind Regards,

Keiho
Inspire Marketing Limited

Tai Zhong Industrial Park, Ai Lian,
Long Gang District, Shenzhen, China 518172

Tel.: +86 (20) 34639346
Fax.: +86 (20) 34639345
http://www.InspireTeddy.com

*** They seem to do small dolls. ***
So, approach them with your doll-pattern of small pieces, perhaps?
(This was they could sub-assemble, without needing bigger tables, etc.)

Need a pattern for them to work from? Making Memories Patterns (The Woven Woman) (click)
*** You will want to adjust the knees and elbows of this pattern. ***

Or for something simpler and less realistic? Cloth Doll Making (click)

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

I doubt they would handle any internal skeleton that may be wanted. If you were to put that in, they may handle the unstuffed skins, ship 'em to you, and then stuff them yourself.
Unless of course, you're not looking for a skeleton to it....

It would be a cost effective way of making a large run of them. The only problem is that you wouldn't be able to tweak and modify them as feedback comes in from the customers, which is how most doll manufacturers evolve, keeping their customers happy.

It has possibilities. ;)

Nada

Post by Nada »

Hello, ClosetMonster! :)

With that Woven Woman, a full structure might not be needed?

*** Making Memories Patterns (Woven Woman) (click) ***

(And heck, do we really want a full-standing doll for photos or one that simply feels nice and realistic in our beds, folks?) 8)

The torso, with a four-section neck and a very simply generic head or head-mount?, might only need 4 large and very smooth buttons to attach to the button-holes of the arms and legs?

And those four-section arm and leg pieces can be stuffed until they have their very own "strengths", like built-in bones? (I gave those pieces to one of our members, so I cannot test this myself.) :oops:

Or simply stick-in and stitch a fabric-bone, to really harden the center of them? (With not one damn wire to break or to start smelling bad when it oxidizes.)

Cover the doll with a strong cloth-batting for some great skin-softness.
And then guess what "glues" this all together? (One simple nylon body-suit.) :wink:

*** And a ShopVac, used in reverse to stuff those pieces, might be the most expensive part of your operation? ***

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

I'm definitely liking the idea. Your description there sounds great, with plenty of room for customizing and creating different looks.

I only wish I had the time/space to explore doing it.

Nada

Post by Nada »

Apparently, no one does, CM. . .

Also, of note, there are plenty of separate fabric-cells in her head and torso for robotics experiments. (And I've proven that you can leave a cell's bottom-flap open for easy access.) And then stuffing and covering will hide that open flap, like it's not even there, folks.

Produce a complete silicone-skin, like FemSkin's starting idea, and you might be well beyond any normal silicone-doll robotic experiments, very quickly?
http://www.femskin.com/

I left this idea at TDF, years ago. . .
So it looks like it will simply drift to the bottom, of the messages, one more time. :roll:

doodman
Former Member

Post by doodman »

Hi Nada
I thought of putting silicone skin on my April Doll .But that would just make it a nother silicone doll. I think what we need to think of is a fabric doll that looks like a Real doll. That is the challange 8) there is lots of silicone dols out there why ad another? Now if we can make a life like doll out of fabric that wil be a step forword.

Nada

Post by Nada »

Heck, Doodman, it really is one of those "felt things", you know? :)
And you have to lay on one, to really judge her realistic qualities.
(You will barely compress her, even with your full body weight.) ;)

*** I just put their link to Woven Woman, above, in my reply after CM's. ***

DiverGS, her builder, showed-off by stuffing her to have some of the very same "firmness" of a real body. So, I would have to say that not many fabric-dolls could ever be, even close, to a Woven Woman. (And owners can even adjust her "softness", just as they wish her to be.)

And ask any honest silicone-doll owner about their older dolls. . .
After about five years, the doll's soft silicone mixture sadly loses a lot of its softness.
(The softener or "silicone oil" is always leaving and there's no way back-in.)
And then the serious cracking problems will simply happen. :(

So, to me, we need a thin silicone-skin that is "cheap and expendable".
(Around $300 USD sounds great to me, like expendable latex-dolls?)

But a Woven Woman designed as "perfect stuffing", for a nice looking latex doll, might be another do-able direction, right now?

(Plus, design towards a Siliplush and that sounds like a big "BINGO" to me, mate!) 8)

... Jim Nada ...

INFORMATIONS