Starpery.com

Silicone Cataylst?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
shmeagle

Silicone Cataylst?

Post by shmeagle »

OK, so who knows where to get more silicone catalyst...(for realdoll silicone) I had to use a higher ratio for the cold weather. I still have some small repairs....still.....and need more, yup you guessed it...more catalyst....any help....?

shmeagle

update..

Post by shmeagle »

Ok, so far I have found a company called fxsupply.com that sells both..I will continue huntin....for those who need to know...

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: Silicone Cataylst?

Post by itsme »

shmeagle wrote:OK, so who knows where to get more silicone catalyst...(for realdoll silicone) I had to use a higher ratio for the cold weather. I still have some small repairs....still.....and need more, yup you guessed it...more catalyst....any help....?

http://www.smooth-on.com/

I am sure they get there silicone here.
Ther have been some revealing photo posted from real doll shop and also from the new doll CO. loveable doll
I think the photo I am talking about are down now or are marked out.

But smooth on is helpfull to the new guy to the old guy on the block.

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

You may also want to check out factor2.com. They may have what you need.

Btw... Does anyone know what the shore A value of the silicone that abyss currently used in their doll? I'm going to need to do some repair and want to know what the starting value is, and I'm going to go a little bit harder, so that hopefully my repair will be more durable than the original silicone.

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

In Australia. Dalchem.
http://www.dalchem.com.au/
Go to the website for info. I can tell you their Soft Translucent Silicone (2 part tin cured) is compatible and works well. The smallest amount one can buy is 550 gms. There is probably a connection to an American outlet.

'Smooth on' in Australia.
http://www.rowetrading.com.au/
Here, at any rate, they only do platinum cured silicone. The eco flex 0030 is the one with the same softness. However it is not compatible with RD tin cured silicone.

My advice is to get the catalyst and silicone together as otherwise you may have compatibility problems.
The websites above have information regarding softness and 'shore A' or otherwise one can google such info. And use links provided.

Mahtek did some tests with the catalyst. pm him if you still have difficulty.

muzza
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Muzza,

What do you mean? Can you not use platinum silicone over top of already cured tin silicone? Or do you just mean the catalyst for platinum silicone is not comparable with tin silicone if you are mixing up a batch?

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Muzza,

What do you mean? Can you not use platinum silicone over top of already cured tin silicone? Or do you just mean the catalyst for platinum silicone is not comparable with tin silicone if you are mixing up a batch?

muzza
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muzza »

Both.

If you mix 2 part platinum cure silicone and apply to already cured tin cure silicone it will not set, but remain gooey. And vice versa. Apparently there is some chemical element in the different silicones which prevents each from curing.

Obviously the catalyst for one is thus different to the other and will not be effective in curing. Though I will stand to be corrected on this last point if incorrect. I am not doing a trial to find out.

Which is why I recommend you buy both parts of the 2 part (ie silicone and catalyst) together as otherwise you may have problems with curing.
You have a RD therefore you must use a tin cure 2 part silicone.

muzza

PS: I am not a expert. There are others on the forum who are. Perhaps they can advise better.
Ah Love Could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry scheme of things entire Would not we shatter it to bits and then remould it nearer to the Heart's desire.

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

I've ordered from smooth on. I'm using it on my B5 doll now. The catalyst I got is a pink tint, so keep that in mind when you are ready to mix with the silicone. It may affect the skin color. The only clear catalyst I saw on the site was for the platinum silicone. I was impressed with the speedy and discreet nature of the delivery from them. Plus the price was right (I paid less than $80 for about 2 pounds of silicone... about $20 of that price was shipping)
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

shmeagle

Post by shmeagle »

Thanx folks...

(Luv this forum) I have ordered the 2part from fxsupply. I will try the others if it doesnt work out. I have enough of the original catalyst,
silicone, to mix a small batch together to test its compatability..(I didnt know about the diff of tin vs plat.) but wanted to test first anyways. So what youre saying is the Realdoll incorporates tin based silicone, not platinum? whew! glad I ran the post....

thanx Shmeagle

(ps which is stronger tin or platinum based?)

Ahh, and they say an old dog can't learn a new trick!

SiliconeTech

Post by SiliconeTech »

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum, after learning some of the silicone I provide as a distributor is used on some real dolls.

We offer tech support on silicones, although the applications here are a little out of the usual for us, the technology is the same.

Regarding Tin and Platinum based silicone--yes, they are different systems. Platinum will become "inhibited" against any tin rubber, or tin contaminated molds/tools. It will not set up.

We are developing clear silicones, mostly platinum, but also tin, for use in prosthetics. These will be tintable in flesh, and come in varied firmness and softness.

I am somewhat prepared to be bombarded with questions, and just ask for some patience with my replies, and I will do what I can to assist and direct everyone.

I currently have an excellent adhesive for silicone which we just had approved by a major account. I am in the process of getting this packaged in tubes, and hope to offer it soon. It can be used to halt larger tears when the siliocne gets cut.

INFORMATIONS