elsababe.com

Positives and Negatives about purchasing/owning an Elsa Babe

Elsa Babe, established in 2017, is committed to research, development, design and production of adult toys and silicone love dolls. Our production team has 20 years of experience in 3D Animation/Game/Film productions and the product designs are led by the well-known Japanese 3D film director. Elsa Babe is the first adult toy manufacturer established by the 3D production team. We are good at concept design, sculpture, 3D modelling, skeleton design and BJD style makeup. You will find Elsa Babe products have a strong Japanese anime style, the product curve and proportion are different from the existing products in the industry. We are both variable and innovative in the product designs due to the 3D production DNA. Elsa Babe ads a refreshing look to the adult toy industry. Website: elsababe.com
Irokebijin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Positives and Negatives about purchasing/owning an Elsa

Post by Irokebijin »

Neogreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:03 am
Irokebijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:59 am
Neogreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 am
Irokebijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:27 am
Shadowplay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:16 am
Irokebijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:51 amJust so you know, all their dolls are made from Silica gel, not Silicone.
It is stated on their website at the bottom of every doll sales page. :thumbs_up:
But what does that exactly mean?

Nowadays there's silicone from hard to very soft, is the gel just a version (probably on the soft end) or a totally different kind of substance?
Silica Gel is a different substance than Silicone, seems like false advertising to me from ElsaBabe. :whistle:
If you compare the TPE section with Silicone doll section they have the same doll prices and doll specifications at the bottom of every doll sales page and they all state Silica Gel as material used.

It's a shame that they don't seem to be honest about the doll material being used in their dolls, it's why I haven't made a purchase yet and I am still considering other dolls at the moment.
I never noticed it said silica gel till you posted about it. It is false advertising in a sense, because silicone is totally different then silica gel. I dont understand why companies do this?.... is it because its cheaper to produce silica gel?... and sell at a silicone price to make extra profit, im sure customers would pay the correct price if it was actually 100% silicone. I dont get why companies got to deceive people?, because people will eventually find the truth no matter what...is it really worth the extra money to ruin a companies reputation?. The other manufactures such as WM, Irontech, Starpery and zelex dont even specify material details for their dolls, it just simply says silicone.
It's probably cheaper for them to manufacture dolls with.

Yeah I don't get that either, definitely not worth it lying about doll material because most people would pay the Silicone price anyway if they know it is Silicone that they will get in the end.

Their website just doesn't make any sense with TPE & Silicone section both being the exact same and Silica Gel listed everywhere. 8O
I was likely going to buy a doll from them until I stumbled onto this mess.
Yeah im sure they will provide input here is the material is legit, they are the only ones ive seen that has the products listed as silica gel, but i cut a piece of the neck and set it on fire, it does not produce any black smoke, only white, indicating it is a safe material and it caught fire and burnt out on its own producing grey ash which is what silicone does, Silica is not supposed to burn at all. So this makes no dang sense to me.
Odd, they should definitely fix their website if it is indeed Silicone and not Silica Gel.

Did it take a high temperature to burn it or?
I found that Silicone materials should not ignite until fairly high temperatures (>400°C).

Neogreen

Re: Positives and Negatives about purchasing/owning an Elsa

Post by Neogreen »

Irokebijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 am
Neogreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:03 am
Irokebijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:59 am
Neogreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 am
Irokebijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:27 am
Shadowplay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:16 am
But what does that exactly mean?

Nowadays there's silicone from hard to very soft, is the gel just a version (probably on the soft end) or a totally different kind of substance?
Silica Gel is a different substance than Silicone, seems like false advertising to me from ElsaBabe. :whistle:
If you compare the TPE section with Silicone doll section they have the same doll prices and doll specifications at the bottom of every doll sales page and they all state Silica Gel as material used.

It's a shame that they don't seem to be honest about the doll material being used in their dolls, it's why I haven't made a purchase yet and I am still considering other dolls at the moment.
I never noticed it said silica gel till you posted about it. It is false advertising in a sense, because silicone is totally different then silica gel. I dont understand why companies do this?.... is it because its cheaper to produce silica gel?... and sell at a silicone price to make extra profit, im sure customers would pay the correct price if it was actually 100% silicone. I dont get why companies got to deceive people?, because people will eventually find the truth no matter what...is it really worth the extra money to ruin a companies reputation?. The other manufactures such as WM, Irontech, Starpery and zelex dont even specify material details for their dolls, it just simply says silicone.
It's probably cheaper for them to manufacture dolls with.

Yeah I don't get that either, definitely not worth it lying about doll material because most people would pay the Silicone price anyway if they know it is Silicone that they will get in the end.

Their website just doesn't make any sense with TPE & Silicone section both being the exact same and Silica Gel listed everywhere. 8O
I was likely going to buy a doll from them until I stumbled onto this mess.
Yeah im sure they will provide input here is the material is legit, they are the only ones ive seen that has the products listed as silica gel, but i cut a piece of the neck and set it on fire, it does not produce any black smoke, only white, indicating it is a safe material and it caught fire and burnt out on its own producing grey ash which is what silicone does, Silica is not supposed to burn at all. So this makes no dang sense to me.
Odd, they should definitely fix their website if it is indeed Silicone and not Silica Gel.

Did it take a high temperature to burn it or?
I found that Silicone materials should not ignite until fairly high temperatures (>400°C).
I simply took a standard grill lighter to it, so it took about 10-15 seconds before it started to catch fire. I have seen some places that sell sex toys labeled as silicone and find out its sold as silica gel, they lit it on fire and produced grey ash, and found it was silicone.

But basically silica, silicon and silicone are indeed different materials, but how the process works is silica is extracted which produces silicon, then silicon is mixed with oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen which then produces the final product silicone. It could be its labeled as silica gel because its the first ingredient used to make the final product Silicone. I dont think its a matter that we are being lied to, its simply need to find out if this is the actual case to why its shown as silica.

But i believe the material is silicone, its just has the material as silica gel because thats one of the by products it uses to produce actual silicone material.

Silica, also known as silicon dioxide, is reduced to produce silicon metal, which is reacted with other compounds to produce silicones. Found in nature as quartz, silica, or silicon dioxide is the most common component of beach sand, that's why we say silicones are made of sands.

So they take the rocks, such as quartz combine it with heat with some sort of carbon(coal), which will then product the silicon metal, it is then burned in a mega hot furnace where the metal flows into a big ladle, and the molten is then poured into molds where it will then be turned into a solid brick of silicon or broken into silicon pieces. It is then manufactured into silicone.

Scork

Re: Positives and Negatives about purchasing/owning an Elsa Babe

Post by Scork »

I think it might be a translation issue. I am also a native Chinese speaker, so I know that silica gel dolls are directly translated by a translator as (silicone) rather than (silica gel).maybe

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

Interesting so I assume that silica gel and Silicone have different stretching/tearing tolerances . My EB didn’t like staying in easy poses like sitting for even a week .

Neogreen

Post by Neogreen »

HappyWabbit wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:51 am Interesting so I assume that silica gel and Silicone have different stretching/tearing tolerances . My EB didn’t like staying in easy poses like sitting for even a week .
I do believe the material is silicone but just a different type, there is pure silicone or medical grade, and a platinum kind which belongs to the silicone polymer family (referred to as organic silica gel). platinum silicone serves as a catalyst, which accelerates the synthesis speed of silicone, which allows it to closely resemble the feel of tpe while also keeping the durability of regular silicone. So yes could explain why the material might stretch differently because it's a different type of silicone

Platinum silicone (silica gel) is the most safe for human body and is use for baby pacifiers and medical equipment. It's also environmentally friendly, hygienic and safe.

There is not much information out there explaining silicone and the different types so hopefully this information can help ease the confusion a little bit.

Gaijin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Gaijin »

Based on all my interactions with EB over the last few months, it's VERY plausible that this is due to a translation error.

Neogreen

Post by Neogreen »

Gaijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:15 pm Based on all my interactions with EB over the last few months, it's VERY plausible that this is due to a translation error.
Yeah it is a little bit becuase silica gel is silicone just a different type. I think they refer it to silica but it's pretty much platinum silicone in our understanding. But it's a good topic to learn from and discuss because I always wanted to sit down and learn more about how the material is made just been busy.

Gaijin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Gaijin »

Neogreen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:20 pm
Gaijin wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:15 pm Based on all my interactions with EB over the last few months, it's VERY plausible that this is due to a translation error.
Yeah it is a little bit becuase silica gel is silicone just a different type. I think they refer it to silica but it's pretty much platinum silicone in our understanding. But it's a good topic to learn from and discuss because I always wanted to sit down and learn more about how the material is made just been busy.
Agreed! Some clarity about the materials these dolls are made from is very much needed in this industry.

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

I find it funny a user with the name of another doll company is trying to point out a flaw in a competing company :haha4:
The description of each silicone doll on Elsa’s website says platinum silicone, I’m sure silica gel means the same thing in their language
There is no doubt in my mind the material is top notch, my Elsa babe is more durable, easier to clean and feels as nice as any of the silicone dolls I’ve owned, then if you want an anime doll there is nothing available that compares :lol:

Master of Puppets...

WaffleNerd
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WaffleNerd »

While I love the look of my Elsa Babe 169cm doll I have been frustrated with their response time on shipping the free heads that was advertised. I submitted my pictures last October and find that they still have not sent them even with my approval on the 19th of last month. I ordered through silicone lovers and also paid for two head stands at the same time in November to go with the heads. Looks like the just posted defective head is one of the ones that I approved on the 19th too.

Lastly as far as quality the nipples of my doll at least have continued to peal. I am going to experiment with some liquid silicone to try and smooth out the texture and then apply the repair colorant.

Other than that I definitely prefer my elsa babe silicone doll to the TPE doll I also have. Much nicer and doesn't leak oil nearly as much.

Elsa Babe_Young
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Elsa Babe_Young »

WaffleNerd wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:47 am While I love the look of my Elsa Babe 169cm doll I have been frustrated with their response time on shipping the free heads that was advertised. I submitted my pictures last October and find that they still have not sent them even with my approval on the 19th of last month. I ordered through silicone lovers and also paid for two head stands at the same time in November to go with the heads. Looks like the just posted defective head is one of the ones that I approved on the 19th too.

Lastly as far as quality the nipples of my doll at least have continued to peal. I am going to experiment with some liquid silicone to try and smooth out the texture and then apply the repair colorant.

Other than that I definitely prefer my elsa babe silicone doll to the TPE doll I also have. Much nicer and doesn't leak oil nearly as much.
As the questions you mentioned, we will PM you.

Irokebijin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Irokebijin »

Dees luver wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:57 pm I find it funny a user with the name of another doll company is trying to point out a flaw in a competing company :haha4:
The description of each silicone doll on Elsa’s website says platinum silicone, I’m sure silica gel means the same thing in their language
There is no doubt in my mind the material is top notch, my Elsa babe is more durable, easier to clean and feels as nice as any of the silicone dolls I’ve owned, then if you want an anime doll there is nothing available that compares :lol:
Lol ye I just picked this username cause my doll was from that company.
Owned a 95cm Silicone doll from Irokebijin before but I sold it here cause it was way too tight and I'd of ended up tearing it apart.

ElsaBabe dolls are likely Silicone as they don't seem to sell any TPE dolls at all, at least the price is literally the same as the Silicone section.
Their website catalogue is a huge mess though cause their TPE dolls section literally is a copy paste of the Silicone section just with TPE written lol.

Am deffo gonna get a TPE doll now cause most Silicone dolls are pretty hard and don't stretch much without me tearing it apart I fear. :(

Neogreen

Post by Neogreen »

I talked to a bunch of vendors and manufacturers in China, i got bunch of connections. These are silicone dolls, now some manufacturers will use different ratio of silicone and white oil which can reduce quality of doll. But it's labeled silica gel becuase it's what is used for the gel breasts and the butt. But after doing My own personal tests on the material and research. It's good quality silicone. So need to worry.

But yes the site needs fixed it is a bit messy.

INFORMATIONS