sexyrealsexdolls.com

Silpoxy clean up help?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
1Observer
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Silpoxy clean up help?

Post by 1Observer »

Hey all,

Does anyone know what works for getting silpoxy out of carpet? I had a spill from the silpoxy tube (my own fault, but that's another story :) ) and while I was able to wipe away most of it, some still managed to set into the carpet. Is there anything that can break up or dissolve cured silpoxy from carpet fiber without harming the carpet? I've tried regular carpet cleaner and rubbing alcohol, to no avail. Maybe acetone?

Thanks,

1Observer

r4m
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Silpoxy clean up help?

Post by r4m »

I don't think chemicals are going to help. Anything that would break down a resistant compound like silicone would eat or stain your carpet. I'd try a wire brush or sand paper to try and break it up. Go slowly. Good luck.

Cheers,
r4m
My dolls can be seen here - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11496

1Observer
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 1Observer »

Hmm, that's a bummer, but thanks. I guess normal wear will get rid of much of it, too, over time.

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

You can scrape it off, but depending on the type of carpet you have, you would need to break up the stain into smaller chunks first. A stiff wire brush should work well for that. Don't stroke the stain at first. Use the brush like a hammer, piercing down into the silicone with the stiff wires. Then you can try to stroke it to further separate the chunks into even smaller ones. After that, you may need to use your hands to carefully pull the chunks out of the carpet, trying to avoid pulling the entirety of the fibers out. That's about the best you can do as far as I know.
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

1Observer
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 1Observer »

That's a good idea, uch! I will give it a try. Thank you!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Should worse come to fubar, do you have any scraps from when they laid the carpet (always a good idea to keep them)? You could always just cut out the silipoxy'd spot and glue in a new piece of ground fur.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

solarmark
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by solarmark »

The posted ideas will help, and you might want to try some non-polar solvents like mineral spirits, or a stronger one like Naptha. Try it on a piece of the carpet fiber before using it on the spot. It shouldn't dissolve the fibers, but will soften the silicone hopefully enough to get it out with a stiff brush and a lot of elbow grease.

For future reference, Sil-Poxy is an acetic acid cured silicone rubber, which can be cleaned up with white vinegar while it's still drying.

Solarmark (chemist)

INFORMATIONS