Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll Compression damage

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Zarnon
Former Member

Real Doll Compression damage

Post by Zarnon »

Dang.

I'm love the look and feel of my RD but the compression damage is killing me.

Pretty much everwhere there's a tight crease, buttocks, under breast have developed damage on both dolls. It's worse on the B4 but now starting on the B2.

The B4 arms were too relaxed and developed compression damage under the armpits.

I've had both hanging, supported with legs spread. If I hadn't I'd have developed compression damage there as well.

I had a B4 that was replaced, she also developed the same kind of damage but worse (as I was a newb and didn't realize how to store).

I keep the dolls legs spread and arms akimbo. The buttock and underside of breasts are showing damage on my B2. Maybe I should stick a "spreader" to keep the damage from worsening there?

Anyways, I'll take some pics and post. Kind of depressing though... sigh.

When the compression damage started on my first B4 (buttocks and groin) I called RD and whoever I talked to at the time said I must've damaged the doll while moving her. I thought it might be possible so didn't pursue it. But I've been so careful, only moving dolls when lying by sheets or completely lifting before moving. The damage is only occurring in spots with creases and has consistently symmetrically developed in the same places on all three dolls. The only thing that keeps it from developing is something separating the creases.

I didn't post this in repair because I understand it's an unfixable problem.

I'm assuming both my dolls were made with the older mix rather than platinum sili. Has the platinum solved this problem?
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

CJD
Ex-Member

Re: Real Doll Compression damage

Post by CJD »

Hey Sorry to hear that Zarnon... One thing I have stumbled on before it was too late for preventing compression in the butt crack, turn the legs so the feet point more inward when your dolls are resting on their hangers. Since the legs twist at the hip joint. this keeps the butt spread a bit more preventing compression there. I dont think compression is reversable, unless its mild, But tears from compression in the butt crack, under breats and armpits can be carefullly filled in with 2 part and can look reasonibly well. Its easier to do if you can catch the tears early while theyre small. another thing you can do in the furture is to fit your dolls with bras..but you really need to be carfull becuse if it doesnt fit right, the bra can leave its own marks....I have succssfully made and used a bra made using tensor or ACE bandages as straps with round pads from padded bras as the cups...cutting holes for the nips of course.

I dont have experience with platinum cure silicone dolls of my own to say for sure, but as far as I understand, Platinum cure silicone is supposed to be more resistant to compression issues. I have seen what some platinum dolls can take and I cringed, till I saw they were fine! I've seen some posed with a lot of compression in their joints for several days continuous. then when released the marks were there, but after an hour or so the marks were gone.
" Look deep into my ey....er sexy boobies, and fall under their spell. "

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

I guess I have been lucky with my older tin-cure Realdolls in preventing compression damage by spreading the legs and arms while in storage. I sold Angel, my last tin-cure Realdoll to Welcool who vanished from TDF without paying for Angel......the only sale to go bad for me of the many dolls I have sold. I guess I will have to go back to seeing the money first.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Bill wrote:I guess I have been lucky with my older tin-cure Realdolls in preventing compression damage by spreading the legs and arms while in storage. I sold Angel, my last tin-cure Realdoll to Welcool who vanished from TDF without paying for Angel......the only sale to go bad for me of the many dolls I have sold. I guess I will have to go back to seeing the money first.
8O 8O 8O 8O Can't believe it Bill.

Mark
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

That sucks! I hope welcool feels guilty every time he's with Angel.

welcool, your a jerk if your trolling here.

Stealing, you know how wrong it is period, no excuse.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Zarnon
See my post "Katelyn in pink". I have stored her on 6" of foam with
the legs spread 36" at the knees and elevated on a long round pillow.
Tad bit of buttock flattening but I have been lucky to have had
no compression damage.

Mark
<em>I know the good artist</em>

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I'm going to put something under the buttocks and find a bra for my B2. I will get some two part and fill in.

I think I'm going to basically give away my B4. I just can't look at the damage under her armpits.

It happens so slowly it's easy to miss. I thought I had the platinum in my B2 so not sure why.

Bill, sorry to hear about Welcool. I always take cash first or better have someone who can take delivery and look at the doll first.

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

Wow... sorry to hear that Bill. I too lost a doll to a member without getting payment. It only takes one time for that memory to affect the rest of your transactions for life. As for the issue at hand, I haven't developed any problems on either my Ruby or my Boytoy, both of which are platinum silicone. But my tin cured dolls have succumbed to the dreaded compression tears. I believe there is a simple structure to prevent it from happening so badly, or even stop it altogether, but I haven't made the time to do the experiments. I think ultimately it will be a moot issue, except for those of us who still want to preserve our tin cured lovelies. Platinum silicone blends have gotten a lot softer since their initial introduction to the doll world. And so far, after almost two years of platinum dolls on the market, I still have not heard of any compression damage on them... yet. Here's hoping that we never do hear of it. :mrgreen:
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Holy Crud! Zarnon,...

I am so sorry to hear about your B4,....
Now I am scared for Kaori as she is also a B4 and Tin cured, although so far so good but I feel so bad for you and so wished nothing like this to happen to you.
I also feel so bad for your girl as well.

How old is she now?

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Zarnon, I'm sorry about your B4. I'm not 100% postitive but I'm pretty sure Abyss switched over to platinum silicone in early 2009. Try giving Abyss a call and see if they can let you know if your B2 was made with platinum silicone.

I'm sorry to hear of your sale going sour Bill.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

ABYSS officially switched to Platinum silicone in all of their dolls in March of 2009.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

Zarnon, This is a more detailed description of a bra I made for Sandy, it works like a charm, mabye an idea you can use.
[browseodc]/forum/index.php?topic=1744.msg19555#msg19555[/browseodc]

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

When you do repair the tears. leave the compression tears open with the limbs in the spread position and fill the gaps. Tin cure will bond to the original very well and you won't be able to feel the difference. It may need a few stages depending on the depth of tear and its placement so be prepared to be patient. Its better to fell completely than trying to just skim a layer over the top of a gap. Hope it goes well.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Sorry! I just saw this response. Thanks Mechwizard, I'll give it a go.

I store the dolls hanging with pillows supporting the small of their back. Nothing else touches the wall. The only places on my B2 were places with silicone folds (buttock and under breasts).

I've put two pens underneath the breasts and that lifts them out (hopefully enough).

CJD I checked out the link, good work!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Sharon is nearly a year old now, so she is one of the Platinum Generation and has shown no damages of any kind.

I've had her laying on her side on my bed in a foetal position for as long as forty eight hours, when she is unfolded there are no creases or signs of such.

I have left her in the same set of clothes for weeks and she has aquired no impressions of any kind.

I do hang her in the correct position, but not always nude and not always wearing white. In fact a few weeks ago she was wearing a brand new, unwashed, the tags still attached pair of dark camo green denim cargo pants for two weeks.

No impressions, no staining.

Platinum is Da Bomb! :multi:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS