www.wmdolls.com

Is This Listing On Ebay A Scam?

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
USA31

Is This Listing On Ebay A Scam?

Post by USA31 »

Can someone please type in this number on ebay and let me know if this is scam ..190561222976 .. The User ID is Xiyansy2008

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Is This Listing On Ebay A Scam?

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

this is the doll
DS03-1.jpg
DS03-1.jpg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
DS03-8.jpg
DS03-8.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
She is $880, article specifies she's not a sex doll and is only 17" tall.
Seems legitimate, but not as a sex doll.
The ad even mentions that they don't want people to get fooled, and clearly states her specifications.

She looks like an Anime Doll to me.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Well, the seller does mention several times in the listing that it's not a sex doll. Still, $800 seems rather low for a 20" silicone doll. If I recall correctly, those typically go for around $2000 or more.

But what really sets of the red flag is that the seller has had precisely 18 previous sales, all for jewelry costing $2 or less, and is now suddenly selling sex toys and dolls. There's even one he's claiming is a Japanese-made, full-sized silicone doll for $4900, including shipping. While that's not quite like showing a solid doll and claiming it's inflatable and asking only a few hundred dollars, it's still suspicious as J-dolls typically wind up coming out to twice that much. :?

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

SgtPepper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SgtPepper »

It might not actually be a scam. On the ebay listings for the $4900 and the small dolls, you can almost make out a web address. I managed to find it through looking really hard at the screen and a bit of trial and error. It's a Chinese website that reminds a great deal of ReaDoll...just that's it's Chinese. it's called http://www.dsdoll.com, and there's just enough English on the page to look around. I used Google translator to translate most of it and the have different series of dolls similar to the way RealDoll has. They also have the tiny dolls listed like the one on the ebay listing as well as some (apparently in develoment) mid range dolls...I guess similar to MLD's or Cassi's.
The cost for the lefe size dolls was, according to a currency converter i found online, about $3600. There are a couple of different sellers of the dolls, but it looks like they are from the same location in China.
So it might not be a scam...just Chinese versions of what we have in the States...of course that doesn't mean I would get one considering China's Quality Control is reallllllly lax. :roll:

INFORMATIONS