sexyrealsexdolls.com

How bad is too bad? Extreme Repairs?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
PinkPupa

How bad is too bad? Extreme Repairs?

Post by PinkPupa »

I've seen ads on the sale forum offering sales for cheap because they need repair, most as small as a finger poke but up to limbs falling off.
I'm trying to decide what degree of damage is fixable, how much damage is more trouble than it's worth to fix it.

To clarify, once I spend the time and effort to reattach a limb, will it stay for a year or two of use or will the tears begin again almost immediately after reattachment?
I think I could deal with the expense of getting a repair kit and the time to do the repairs, but only if I had to do it once, with periodic touch ups. For me, it wouldn't be worth it
if the limbs could never be moved again without risking re-tearing of more than about an inch per use

Will repair kits sold by one company work on all dolls, or is there incompatibility between (for example), Tin cured vs Platinum cured silicon or
the "hard" vs "soft" body options offered by several manufacturers?

I've seen "re-core" repair threads and "broken knee" repair threads, but not "limb fallen off" or "breast fallen off" or "crotch ripped all the way up to the navel" repairs.
I realize that these repairs are probably rare, but if anyone has any guesses as to how you'd do that big a repair or how long it would last, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: How bad is too bad? Extreme Repairs?

Post by AlexKnight »

I have no experience with such serious repairs, but I know of people who have done these.

If the repairs are done correctly, they'll hold for several years. Back in the days, the Realdolldoctor did major repairs like a crotch torn to the navel, and he then sold those dolls again.

The one-part adhesive works on other types of dolls, that I know, but I don't think the two-part silicone will work on other dolls, as far as I know, tin cured doesn't bond with platinum cured, as they're very different.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

AlexKnight wrote: If the repairs are done correctly, they'll hold for several years. Back in the days, the Realdolldoctor did major repairs like a crotch torn to the navel, and he then sold those dolls again.

The one-part adhesive works on other types of dolls, that I know, but I don't think the two-part silicone will work on other dolls, as far as I know, tin cured doesn't bond with platinum cured, as they're very different.
As far as with the Abyss two part silicone, it does adher to the platinum RD2 silicone. Below is a picture of a pour defect of my RD2(platinum) filled with the 2-part tin silicone from the repair kit.
ThighBefore.JPG
ThighBefore.JPG (82.7 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
ThighAfter.JPG
ThighAfter.JPG (136.13 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
As per repairing a doll that has severe damage eg. limbs torn off,... the repairs are possible but only a handful of doll owners have ever reported doing those types of repairs successfully over the past 10 years or so.

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

silpoxy works well but it is a clear substance ,so even a hairline separation leaves a line of sorts. perfection will never be achieved. and it is harder as well. stiffer . so not the best for inside .

but the form can be restored no doubt. if done right. step by step. .as for ripping again????? i have had dolls rip with ease ,so personally i think it is a fact of silicone. 'it can rip.
i think someone might be able to restore life doll for sale right now but you had better be an artist. with good eyes. i bought a big tube of silpoxy from the smooth-on folks. it is the size of a mid sized toothpaste tube. have not opened this yet.
it would be plenty for a big project like that.
put.. you might have to tattoo
the RD folks sell repair kits that are used to match color and hide outer flaws to some degree. if done well.
true perfection is pricy and transitory.
BG

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

For what it is worth, my experience with repairs. I have a 4Woods platinum cured silicone doll. This doll comes with a two component silicone adhesive repair kit. When I had a 'broken knee problem', I asked for a new repair kit. They sent me a one component silicone glue. IMO this glue is better than the two component adhesive.

The one component silicone glue is a tube of Shin-Etsu Silicone 1 component RTV (KE-42-T). I guess it is comparable to silpoxy. It is transparent, but can (should) be coloured. I've got special colour, but make-up powder should do too. The silicone glue may be mixed with hexane (about 10% or less), which will soften the mixture. Primer is used to make better adhesion.

It is possible to make nice repairs, but it will always be visible. With my doll, the repairs first are more shiny, but extensive powdering will solve this.

Good luck with your project!

PinkPupa

Post by PinkPupa »

Nescio50 wrote:...Good luck with your project!
Thanks, but I'm still at the "Deciding whether I'm insane enough to try this" stage of the project. 8O
My prior experience has been gluing fairy wings to Barbies, painting D&D miniatures and wood shop.

Somehow I doubt that "C-clamps" would work to hold the pieces together until the glue sets.

So if I understand everyone right:

Silpoxy or the other sealants mentioned will work, but leave scars (understandably).

The Abyssmal (sorry, couldn't resist the pun on a great product :mrgreen: ) repair kit has skin tones to match (as close as possible between different manufacturers) or I could mix makeup with the silpoxy or 1 step sealant.

The consensus is that such damage CAN be fixed, and the fix will last if done right. Even with the kind of damage on the previously mentioned lifedoll that looks like someone tried "make a wish" with her legs instead of the Thanksgiving wishbone?

The next questions:
Any particular kind of makeup? Dab "bare minerals" on top of the sealant to add color and hide the shine? Mix it in? A different brand of makeup?

For the Wookie damage (Wookies can rip your arms off if they lose), how do I keep the surfaces together? Hold them by hand for the sealing time? Stitches? Is there a tutorial for such damage?

Thanks again

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

the fresh silpoxy sets up in a few minutes and cures overnight . but is really kind of a faster cure than i thought. wrapping ,pinning , several methods to hold the glued areas ,keep movement to zero during cure.

the one part silpoxy might be able to be colored but i do not know. you can buy a color sampler kit and a small amount of silicone from smooth -on. for a reasonable amount to do those surface repairs.
as for shine??? experiment,
BG

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

PinkPupa,

Spend your Money and Time on a more worth while project. You'll be throwing it all away on the dolls that I think your referring to.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

siliconelover wrote:PinkPupa,

Spend your Money and Time on a more worth while project. You'll be throwing it all away on the dolls that I think your referring to.

AGREED, you can find better. the severely damaged doll should be almost free ,or shipping only. even then she will never be perfect.
better finds are out there.
IMHO. BG

INFORMATIONS