betterlovedoll.com

*The forum looks like it's been taken over*

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: *The forum looks like it's been taken over*

Post by Christine »

AlexKnight wrote:Although 1AM and Beautifuldolls resell the majority of the dolls they sell, they also manufacturer certain dolls themselves, that's why they can't be put in the Vendor category, but they have been given the new rank of "Vendor/Manufacturer".

What doll's do they Manufacturer?????

I'm just curious, not trying to start a fight or anything... Please don't hit me..

:haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

1AM manufacturers the TC1101 doll themselves, as stated here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 91#p544391

and we've been told Beautifuldolls manufacturers the fabric doll themselves.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

AlexKnight wrote:Although 1AM and Beautifuldolls resell the majority of the dolls they sell, they also manufacturer certain dolls themselves, that's why they can't be put in the Vendor category, but they have been given the new rank of "Vendor/Manufacturer".
Alex,

vendor /manufacturer, you are so kind.

doll broker is more like it. unless they can REALLY show you a factory showroom and REAL proof of ownership. title on some official document ,tax info etc?? some real proof. who really knows.
all see is a broker of dolls. any of us could do that.
all of us. what would this place be like then ? dozens of active brokers, hustling like we own the place.

why hand the forum over to a bunch of brokers ??
even if they do make a single product to qualify as a maker. the bulk of sales are others dolls.
so don;t let them drive a truck full of others dolls thru your makers loophole.

if you don't really lay down some rules no one will enjoy this forum in a month or two. you watch...
it is not a little issue like some try to make it out to be.
i see an aggressive coup de etat and soon this site will just be a huge sales forum for vendors all over the world and their endless products posted one by one filling the forum.almost like now.

and very few true hobbyist will find it as charming as it once was to come visit here..

in lieu of limiting them to only selling dolls they make or selling one or two "other makers dolls "here at any given time . that seams fair
these are brokered dolls !!

perhaps an app that allows us to individually block postings from parties we have little interest in from the recent posts areas. this would un crowd it for quick reading or perusal..

i tried the "foe button " but it only removes their postings not the entire thread. Rats!! foiled again.. ideas, help?

thanks,

BG

ctalon

Post by ctalon »

My Solution to issue:
Maybe an 'Ignore thread/Sub forum' would be nice feature to add to user settings? IE: You don't like a particular main forum/vendor, you can click to ignore entire thing. Poof, no more posts for you to see from 'forum x'. This way each person could have settings to their liking easing off pressure for everyone.

My retort to this thread:
I honestly kind of chuckle on this whole thread, seems kinda 'whiny' to assume it's going to become some mass vendor spam...my mouse wheel to scroll works just fine, I'm happy, healthy with no terminal disease, roof over my head, and the fact this computer/forum exists is god damn amazing. I don't think it's outta control with vendor spam, but maybe I'm the minority.

You all realize that due to this forum, more and more people are going to come here, and there will be more and more posts beyond the 'bed and breakfast' small time this forum once was right??? I would hope so...

Just seems little silly we are wasting negative energy on something like this, life could be far far worse. In reality, some are complaining about scrolling a mouse wheel bit...to much work. Honestly, is it really that bad? Come on.....smile and relax....jeez....

Thanks to the management of this forum, not an easy job. I've done it once (another forum)...never again. I don't envy you.

To those so violently upset: I'd say if you don't like it, go make your own site, see how close to 'perfect' you can make it for the masses.

Be thankful.

This clip reminds me a lot of this thread....

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

The Most Interesting Man In The World - new post.jpg
The Most Interesting Man In The World - new post.jpg (37.93 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

beardygoat wrote:i see an aggressive coup de etat and soon this site will just be a huge sales forum for vendors all over the world and their endless products posted one by one filling the forum.
All I can say is, we'll cross that bridge, when we get to it.

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

AlexKnight wrote:1AM manufacturers the TC1101 doll themselves, as stated here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 91#p544391

and we've been told Beautifuldolls manufacturers the fabric doll themselves.
Alex with all due respect...

Sorry to post again and this being a bit off topic if you want to move it please do..

I own an Elf/Daisy along with an Anime.. So I feel that I have the right to know who and where my doll is made.. So this is for Clairifacation.. And no I don't spell very well... :mrgreen:

This is from the post you listed above..

"To clarify, I call someone a doll manufacturer if he/she creates the dolls out of raw materials."
And yes that is taking place as the Natasha (TC1101) model is a 1AM produced product and all the dolls on David's site: http://iamdolls.com

So what I see is All the Doll's on the above listed site are their doll's... They make or produce these doll's.. That is the way I understand it..

The Elf/Daisy and the Anime along with 90% or so of what BD and Real Love Doll are on this site..

So am I to understand that 1am makes these doll's and sell's them to BD and Real Love Doll?

Again this is just so I know who is making these doll's. We all have a right to know where our doll's are made and who makes them... Also it would make sense to me that if 1am makes the doll's then they would have the best price's of said doll's..

Thank-you... Alex.. Your great... :multi:

Christine.. :drinking:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Christine wrote:So what I see is All the Doll's on the above listed site are their doll's... They make or produce these doll's.. That is the way I understand it..

The Elf/Daisy and the Anime along with 90% or so of what BD and Real Love Doll are on this site..

So am I to understand that 1am makes these doll's and sell's them to BD and Real Love Doll?
Obviously, they've added more dolls to the website, so the post is no longer accurate.
As far as we know, only the TC1101 doll is actually manufactured by 1AM.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Will Ferrell Elf - posting memes.jpg
Will Ferrell Elf - posting memes.jpg (43.03 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
:razz:

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

AlexKnight wrote:
Christine wrote:So what I see is All the Doll's on the above listed site are their doll's... They make or produce these doll's.. That is the way I understand it..

Obviously, they've added more dolls to the website, so the post is no longer accurate.
As far as we know, only the TC1101 doll is actually manufactured by 1AM.

Thank-you Alex.... :glou:

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Sorry for acting like a drunken whore with all my memes. I acknowledge that there have been legitimate questions asked and thoughtful answers posted. I just can't help myself.

Uh oh, the feeling is coming over me again... :roll:
Sandwich Elf - love me long time.jpg
Sandwich Elf - love me long time.jpg (106.44 KiB) Viewed 2324 times

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

I never thought I'd want to be a Sandwich before now.... :shocked!: :shocked!:

:multi: :multi: :multi:

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

Please note the global post regarding this issue. We hope it will meet with everyone's approval.

TDF Management

marshallmathers

Post by marshallmathers »

Aware

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I'm not sure I really know what you're talking about, Stacy. First, what is the 'front page'? The disclaimer photo you took? The index page? Recent doll and ALL recent posts? I don't see any favoritism in either.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS