Starpery.com

Finger Poke Repair?? Help!!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Vyper

Finger Poke Repair?? Help!!

Post by Vyper »

So I've been searching TDF to try to figure out how to fix a couple of finger pokes. Most of what I've seen has folks grinding wires and such. Don't think I need that. Also, some of the repairs have a lot of silicone and don't look too great. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make the repair without making it look bad (i.e. not a big glob of silicone, matching the color, etc). I don't have a repair kit. Can anyone help?
Attachments
Here are the pokes I need to fix.
Here are the pokes I need to fix.
6.jpg (115.66 KiB) Viewed 2118 times

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Finger Poke Repair?? Help!!

Post by Elle »

If she is a Realdoll :
For a best look of the repair, use 2 parts (skin colored) instead of RD adhesive.
It's not as strong as RD adhesive but RD adhesive is not strong enough to avoid future finger poke, so...
let cure for 20h or more without moving the repaired finger

Jihan & Elle
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

These are very easy fixes and can be done with the RD Adhesive or Sil-Poxy. You can repair with the way Elle indicated but since the 2 part is not strong I use the Sil-Poxy. First you need to get the ball ends of the wire bent back into the finger. Next get a tooth pick and dip it into the RD Adhesive or Sil-Poxy (Note: You do not need a lot to get the two pieces to hold together. Apply the adhesive to one side of the tear hold the 2 parts together with very thin sewing needles, wipe off excess and let it set. It will be set in about 15-30 minutes. Remove the needles a you should have a clean repair.

Good luck... :glou:

In the photo the tear is just to the right of where the wire comes out of the doll and is cut back after the molding process. It's a thin sliver cut.
Attachments
img0163.jpg
img0163.jpg (765.63 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Either adhesive will work, you need just a small amount. A small cheap artist brush will do nicely to apply. :D

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

My personal method is to fill a syringe with Sil-Poxy and fill the hole injecting into it. Not with a needle but just the plastic end of the syringe. This fillls the finger and surrounds the wire at the same time. Smooth out the area with a Q Tip or in the case of a tear/cut, place the dolls fingers in a way, on something (the arm of a sofa) so that the cut has pressure to close naturally and allow to sit for 24 hours.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Thanks everyone for some great info!!

dollinjax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dollinjax »

Where do you purchase Sil-Poxy as mentioned in repair for fixing finger wire poke holes? Thanks

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

dollinjax wrote:Where do you purchase Sil-Poxy as mentioned in repair for fixing finger wire poke holes? Thanks
It can be purchased from many different suppliers and from Smooth-On the manufacturer themselves. How much do you need ? Do a search on the web and you will get your answer. I personally purchase from Smooth-On but the smallest tube is 3 oz and with shipping is $40.00. The shelf life is more than a year if stored and used correctly and it is the freshest buying from them. You can get small packets from Reynolds and the major doll manufacturers > Abyss, PIB and others sell it too.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

dollinjax
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dollinjax »

Thank you all for the great jnformation on finger polk hole repair and where to by the repair products

Vic Valtic

Post by Vic Valtic »

I have an add-on question. What if the finger is so bad where it looks bubbly and mangled from so many repairs? Is there a way to mold a finger tip cut the bad end off and mold a new finger tip on the hand? I am asking because I am considering buying a used doll but I want to fix it up.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14407

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

For my finger poke through repairs. First make an incision/cut at the side finger seam to access the finger wire. If the
poke through is large enough so that you can get to the finger wire this step is not necessary.
Wrap a small piece of nylon stocking to completely cover the metal. If the nylon is too thick for the incision and
repair area to close on its own, then carefully trim away some of the interior silicone that surround the wire to accommodate
the extra space of the nylon. Paste the nylon stocking and interior of the finger with your choice of adhesive or two part silicone.
After curing repeat to fill the voids and smooth the finger exterior to the original shape. Note: if you chose adhesive, add make-up
to tint the silicone to better match the colour of the original silicone. As with all silicone repairs, it is better to use not enough
silicone and to fill the voids after, rather than use too much silicone and have a mess after.
My two cents,
Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

INFORMATIONS