betterlovedoll.com

siliconefun's amazing doll team

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Re: siliconefun's amazing doll team

Post by Swan »

This photo shoot is unreal! Just when you think you've seen it all .... absolutely beautiful ... Thanks for posting them.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Carry on my friend! :D :thumbs_up:

Homelessfish

Post by Homelessfish »

siliconefun wrote:
Homelessfish wrote:Hi Siliconefun,
If it wouldn't be too much trouble could you please supply me with the diameter of the holes for the Abyss bracket. As I need to buy the appropriate drill bit and bolts for the big day.

Thanks kindly .
Hi Homelessfish,
Back again to answer your request:
Holes in the Abyss bracket: 1/2"
Hardware used: 3/8" UNC Carriage Bolt
The hole distance on the bracket measures 2 3/4" not 2 7/8"! This happened because I measured the distance of the bolts :( .
Doll securing bracket.jpg
I suppose because they fix it to the wood back panel and for easier installation they prefer 1/2" holes on the bracket which is wide for 3/8" bolts.
A 7/16" drill is enough for 3/8" bolts but you need 3/8" SAE flat washers to compensate the 1/2" holes.

:D Guy
Thanks once again Siliconefun for such detailed help to my question, well and truly above and beyond expectations. :D :D :D

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Homelessfish wrote: Thanks once again Siliconefun for such detailed help to my question, well and truly above and beyond expectations. :D :D :D
Happy to hear this but you will be wondered when Brooklyn arrives at your new home as RealDolls are very challenging so make her an extravagant good stand 8)

:!: Guy

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

swanhealy wrote:This photo shoot is unreal! Just when you think you've seen it all .... absolutely beautiful ... Thanks for posting them.
Oh swanhealy,
both gals tricked me out too as I thought to catch their more intimate play but suddenly they decided to leave the bed for taking a shower :x
You think dolls spend hot scenes?....only when they want :haha4: ...and of course with much pampering :evidence:

oneatatime
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oneatatime »

how did you get kicked out? It looked like there was plenty of room for you right there in the middle :-)

I don't know how you were able to take so many great looking photos without a break in between :whistle:

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

oneatatime wrote:how did you get kicked out? It looked like there was plenty of room for you right there in the middle :-)

I don't know how you were able to take so many great looking photos without a break in between :whistle:
Hi oneatatime,
That's not so easy with Mia & Zoe together, sometimes both gals show their claws like wild cats and sometimes they purr like house cats.
This weekend they play the house cat game :razz: (promised) and my Joker: X-mas in a few weeks, hehe.
My inspiration to take much photos comes from both redheads (can't get enough even when I live with them) and music who influences my creativity very much (mostly seductive lounge).

Thanks much for looking :D

Guy, Mia & Zoe

Homelessfish

Post by Homelessfish »

Hi Siliconefun,
I've already made Brooklyn's stand just need to attach Abyss bracket and a lower back support hopefully stand is strong enough. I built a prototype and tested it and it seemed to hold. The picture I posted earlier shows the stand we plan to just wheel her in and out, but I guess we'll see when she arrives. 14 weeks today and counting since our order, I hope she'll fit on santa's sleigh for xmas!

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

I've already made Brooklyn's stand just need to attach Abyss bracket and a lower back support hopefully stand is strong enough. I built a prototype and tested it and it seemed to hold. The picture I posted earlier shows the stand we plan to just wheel her in and out, but I guess we'll see when she arrives. 14 weeks today and counting since our order, I hope she'll fit on santa's sleigh for xmas!
Hi Homelessfish,
From what I've experienced with Zoe the doll works great but I will shorten the stand due to the body B height (Will post this modification). The lower back support gives her a straight standing pose on photos and even this part is easy to build with a wooden plate, a good firm sponge and a piece of fabric tacked on the backside of the plate (I've used a piece of an old leggings)
I've build mine the same design like the Abyss ones.
When you dress the doll this back support isn't convenient and hinders much so it's better to hang the doll on a stand, wall or ceiling hook with appropriate space around.
Your stand looks great and with the wheeled base the doll is easy to move around. Think to build the same type as yours as it's a good design :thumbs_up:
Let's hope Brooklyn will come with Santa's presents as we're very curious to see her too

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

Looks like they left plenty of room between themselves for you Guy! Think Hot-dog in a bun. LOL. No more sleeping on the couch. Great pic's love the Playboy Bunny bed spread!

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Nova-I wrote:Looks like they left plenty of room between themselves for you Guy! Think Hot-dog in a bun. LOL. No more sleeping on the couch. Great pic's love the Playboy Bunny bed spread!
Hi Nova-I,
LOL, nice formulation, Hot-dog in a bun :haha4:
Perhaps it works for the entire next week. 14 holidays needs to be killed until end of year, I like to kill them when lying between the cats :twisted: and for new shootings.
Perhaps you can catch a Playboy Bunny bed sheet on the net (quality is :thumbs_up: )
CTI Playboy Stripes 041666.jpg
CTI Playboy Stripes 041666.jpg (139.07 KiB) Viewed 400 times

Homelessfish

Post by Homelessfish »

Hi Siliconefun,
Interesting what you said about back support, as I initial thought about making a fixed support like the one you mentioned, but now think I want to change that design for the reasons you said. As I want my stand to do everything, I'm thinking of a hard piece of foam shaped in a C that can easily come off for dressing but be firm enough for back support.

Thanks about your compliments about my stand but it does remain untested as I plan to store Brooklyn on it. Its made from bits and pieces from the hardware store, the post is a aluminium fence post, plywood and lockable wheels. I guess if it had a weakness it would be the post I don't know anything about welding but it looks strong to me what do you think?

Yes and will post pics of our Brooklyn.

Mr Fish
Apologies for straying off topic from your new beaut Zoe.
Attachments
Post Base 8mm.JPG
Post Base 8mm.JPG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1988 times

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

Cool sounds like you have your holidays planned it pretty well. Just like the Summer Fun 2014 photo shoot I have a big 2014 Holiday shoot planned for the next few weekends. Just waiting for Thera & Mikayla to arrive which should be in the next few weeks. Thanks for the Playboy Bunny bedding info I'll be ordering one for sure.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Nova-I wrote:Cool sounds like you have your holidays planned it pretty well. Just like the Summer Fun 2014 photo shoot I have a big 2014 Holiday shoot planned for the next few weekends. Just waiting for Thera & Mikayla to arrive which should be in the next few weeks. Thanks for the Playboy Bunny bedding info I'll be ordering one for sure.
Sounds great Nova-I, like to hear that :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Hope you can catch a Playboy Bunny bedding and have fun with it :twisted:

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Interesting what you said about back support, as I initial thought about making a fixed support like the one you mentioned, but now think I want to change that design for the reasons you said. As I want my stand to do everything, I'm thinking of a hard piece of foam shaped in a C that can easily come off for dressing but be firm enough for back support.

Thanks about your compliments about my stand but it does remain untested as I plan to store Brooklyn on it. Its made from bits and pieces from the hardware store, the post is a aluminium fence post, plywood and lockable wheels. I guess if it had a weakness it would be the post I don't know anything about welding but it looks strong to me what do you think?

Yes and will post pics of our Brooklyn.

Mr Fish
Apologies for straying off topic from your new beaut Zoe.
Hi Homelessfish,
This will be a good compromise with a detachable C shaped hard foam back support as it's only used to correct the standing pose. In this case, remove the back support to prevent impression marks when not used!!!
The aluminium fence post looks strong enough :thumbs_up: and plywood is very solid so I think this stand holds Brooklyn without any doubts.
Good work :thumbs_up:

:wink: Guy

INFORMATIONS