www.wmdolls.com

Anyone Have This Flexible/Posable Fiberglass Mannequin?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
JackT

Anyone Have This Flexible/Posable Fiberglass Mannequin?

Post by JackT »

TDF,
ffxf-1s.jpg
$350 at roxy display

$569 at zing display

71" tall

53 lbs. shipping weight

Cheers,
JackT

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Anyone Have This Flexible/Posable Fiberglass Mannequin?

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey JackT,

Member Narcissus has one that's very similar - IMO it's a little nicer looking than that one.
Buystoreshelving has a pretty good price $360+$85 shipping.
http://buystoreshelving.com/flexible_ma ... /index.htm

One downside with this one though is the molded hair.
Also, there are bolts that go through the pelvic area to hold the legs on which may cause issues with modifications on all of these types of MQs.
Here is Narcissus's thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=60583

JackT

Post by JackT »

MannequinFan,

Thank you for the info!

I took a peek at Narcissus' first post in that thread, saw a traditional non-jointed mannequin and never paid attention to the posts that followed. Big mistake, as multi-jointed model was in the seconds post. It appears he was able to overcome the bolt assembly in the pelvic area and install an insert. Fantastic thread!

I agree that Narcissus' face is prettier, though I wish it didn't have the moulded hair.

Hats off to you and your fantastic 3D insert mod!

Now if only there were multi-jointed mannequins closer to 5 feet in length rather than only 5 foot 9 inch and 6 foot models. I wonder if the manufacturer could be convinced of entering that "height-market"?

With this said it appears that for under $500 one can have a durable and very attractive "doll" after insert mod and wig.

Cheers,
JackT

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Yes, I've had it. Wasn't very happy with it. The screws came loose and got lost, rendering the mannequin useless after a few f--ks.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Wigs can help cover the molded hair, though. Mine is excellent for sleeping with, in both senses of the term! I have seen other articulated mannequins out there, too. I wish there was more of a market for them, then there'd be more of a variety of them.

Screws do come loose, limbs fall off, so keep their joints loose for movement, but not too loose, just keep an eye on them. I notice when she's too loose in areas, and tighten then up a little more.

JackT

Post by JackT »

LovesBlackWomen,

Sorry to hear of your less than successful experience with this mannequin. I wonder if a threadlocker such as Loctite would help keep the bolts in while also maintaining correct depth/joint looseness?

narcissus,

Superb thread regarding you two latest ladies! I love the personalities they have with the different outfits and your fine photography.

Your experience with the flexible doll makes it seem obvious that jointed fiberglass is a practical material for doll design.

Cheers,
JackT

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

I am about to start doing mods on the originally posted MQ. The second one from Narcissus is similar, but different.

The insert may be a challenge.

You can keep track of my progress in this thread...

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=63641

pokies2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by pokies2 »

I'm interested in this kind of mannequins too

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

I bought mine for cheaper than the prices you have listed.

5' 9" tall...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-9-TALL-31-24- ... 895988056?

$249 plus 59.95 shipping.

This is a workable MQ that can be transformed into a fully functional girlfriend. I wouldn't mind having a few more of her. I am in the process of actively doing mods on this doll. Check out my Tiffany thread to see the obstacles I have come across and how I am overcoming them.

I am looking for an xbox kinnect to start doing my own scanning. My local office depot has a 3d printer, not sure about the cost. The sleeve mod is functional, but I have been inspired by MQ fan to take it to another level. Which he clearly has.

msdoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by msdoll »

LovesBlackWomen wrote:Yes, I've had it. Wasn't very happy with it. The screws came loose and got lost, rendering the mannequin useless after a few f--ks.
Sorry your experience was not what you expected , but I am very happy with mine. I completely removed the bolts and the steel bar. I kind of expected this project was going to be a slow process with a lot of problem solving before making mods. Since this is my first MQ, I am learning, and would very much hone my practices the second time around, but for being my first, she is coming along quite well. This MQ has a lot of potential.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

msdoll wrote:I am looking for an xbox kinnect to start doing my own scanning. My local office depot has a 3d printer, not sure about the cost.
You may want to hold on that thought just a little while.
Afinia is coming out with a cool high res scanner supposedly this fall. A little more $ than a Kinect but maybe well worth it.
Supposedly it has two scan modes - one for free scanning larger objects and another that works with the turntable for smaller objects.
This is a structured light scanner that will be WAY better than a Kinect.
http://www.afinia.com/3d-printers/afini ... 3d-scanner

INFORMATIONS