teddy-babes.com

Lexy is in the Building!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
DollAfficionado

Re: Lexy is in the Building!

Post by DollAfficionado »

It is usually sufficient. If you use a cross-stitching technique, it will improve the strength of the stitches. If it is your first time stitching up a doll, just go slow and careful.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

If you need to fix a broken seam then the keywords to search for in the forum, on YouTube and google is "ladder stitch". It is a method of stitching that allows you to stitch in a nearly invisible way. Of course you should use a thread that matches the color of the fabric. It is probably a good idea to test your understanding and prowess of the technique by stitching something else than your doll, e.g. by connecting two sheets of fabric using the ladder stitch. Fortunately I had no need to stitch my babe so I have no first hand experience about stitching.

By not overextending the seams I meant of course that the both of you should stick to cuddling only until Lexy has softened up and the threads and seams have extended a bit. Otherwise you risk tearing. If Lexy has become softer and more mobile then you can try more advanced fun things.

Hagen

LegallyPlushy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LegallyPlushy »

hi the1odd1,

That's great news about your sister and her baby. Roxie and I are glad they are doing well.

A big welcome to Lexy. We're happy that you've finally got a Teddy Babe. Time for lots of cuddles.

Roxie sends hugs.

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

the1odd1 wrote: One last thing, thanks for the nylon bodysuit suggestion earlier Hagen. It hard to dress them. At least as a beginner!
You are welcome. I am curious. Did you find a nylon bodysuit that fits your standard babe ? What size ? Maybe this info is helpful and could be included in the sticky ?

Hagen

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

the1odd1 wrote:Hey all,
I got Lexy on the 5th. Personally not but as far as posting it's been kind of put on the back-burner as my sister had an emergency C-section birth. Low blood pressure/ heartbeat with baby then her. She and baby are fine and healthy. Just been busy.

Congratulations! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The 5th, huh? That means she has the same birthday as Caley. 8) And glad to hear your sister and...niece? nephew?...are okay. No one's gonna begrudge you putting your family ahead of your internet buddies. :wink:
the1odd1 also wrote:Anyway, I got Lexy in 5 days from ordering. :) I'll post pictures later but I did have one question. She is almost as hard as a rock. I know that's a natural thing but any suggestions on how to help the process along? Oh, and her lips/one of her nails are kind of loose. Now, I don't want to make a fuss over it, but any suggestions on how to secure them better?
The superglue suggestion is spot-on, though for the lips specifically, you should protect the surrounding plush with some wax paper, put a drop of glue on the tip of an X-Acto blade or something similarly small and thin, and use that the coat the underside of the lips at the loose spot before pressing them down into the plush. For the nails you can just press opposite the loose end to make it open further and add a drop of glue directly.

There is something you can do to soften the boobs faster, though I was likely only compelled to do so from already having experienced the less-firmly-stuffed "Classic" version. But it involves removing all to the stuffing from the breasts, pulling the fibers apart to make it less dense, and then putting only some of it back in. I made the incisions under the nipples so they don't show once the nipples are sewn back on. And yes, do look up the ladder stitch like Hagen suggested. Even if you don't do any "elective procedures", you'll more than likely have to deal with a popped seam at some point. Also, a long doll needle and some pale peach embroidery floss is good to have on hand in case one of the shaping stitches decides to give out.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

Congratulations on the becoming an uncle! Happy to hear everything went well.

Regarding the loose nails and lips, I haven't had any of those issues yet, but I would take Ian's expert advice on repairing those. I personally do not have the courage to cut open my TB but if you are handy with needle and thread perhaps you can massage the stuffing directly. I think perhaps the fun approach of playing with her breasts might work though, and will be more fun over time. :lol: :whistle:

When I had my TBD, I used a variety of inserts with her. Siliplush, Lilith Uterus, and a couple of different Doc Johnson's that were suggested in the instruction manual that came with her. After some time, I was also able to use a full size Fleshlight, but it did not look as inviting nor does it feel as good as the other silicone toys. The siliplush was the least favorite.

With my new standard TB, so far I haven't had sex with actual penetration. Her cavity seems to be smaller and much tighter than the one on the TBD. Might be my imagination, might be real; regardless once I tried inserting a Lilith uterus and it was definitely not going to go in, I didn't try again. I ordered a siliplush in December but it was never delivered. I sought a refund through PayPal and they refunded the next day. Not sure what is going on there. I have ordered a 'stroker,' a toy of smaller size that the manual says should fit with no problems. In the meantime, I have used my Lilith uterus merely held between her legs. This has actually worked extraordinarily well for missionary, with her on her stomach, and doggy style with her and the toy propped up on a pillow. Her legs are tight enough to hold it in place well enough for even some vigorous playtime. :D I also simulate oral sex using the Lilith uterus by placing her head over my lap, using one hand on the toy and the other to move her head. Sounds funny as hell, but with dim lights and some good music (or the Super Bowl... :lol: :whistle:), it uh, works really well. lol

I hope this helps and I hope you and Lexy become not only lovers but great friends! :glou:
"One person's craziness is another person's reality." - Tim Burton
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Good advice on the glue from IanEvans.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

the1odd1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by the1odd1 »

Thanks guys. Ian, Nephew, thanks.
I know how to do a simple stitch. I had some thread pretty close, so I did that. Not perfect as I'm an amateur so I might redo it carefully, but it's no hack job by far. It luckily is a spot that it not extremely used. very bottom inside of butt. Thanks for the advice. Actually I posted in the inserts post, but to answer here. A fleshlight can work. A model called the Ice, is intentionally smaller, aka shorter, to be more mobile. It just also happens to be the same length as the original insert...

Anyway, with the exception of my own thoughts on how I can do better (without anymore damage), everything is on its way :)
J
Also Hagen, the body suit depends. A one size (US) will do perfectly minus one point. The arms and legs will be too long. As they are closed (toes) originally, I just shortened them. If you wanted to sew them closed again, you could. So perfect no, but the actual body looks bangin'.

the1odd1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by the1odd1 »

I have a question for you guys. I'm already getting the hair done by samara, but I'm wondering who might be the best person to sew. I'd prefer to have someone who knows TBs (plus the whole judgement thing) fix her up. Anyone know a good sewer?
J

INFORMATIONS