teddy-babes.com

Removing Pubic Hair

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
drmicrochip

Removing Pubic Hair

Post by drmicrochip »

Greetings, fellow members. It has been a long while since I posted on this forum. I have an issue with my doll I need resolved. This concerns the removal of the pubic hair that came with my new teddy babe deluxe. After buying her, part of her pubic hair had already started to peel off. So I decided instead of gluing it back on I would rather have her without pubic hair. So my question is this. What is the safest and best way to remove the hair completely without damaging the plush? Have any of you had this issue or tried to remove the pubic hair from your doll? I know the hair is super glued somehow onto the plush. Thanks in advanced!

DrMicrochip

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Removing Pubic Hair

Post by samara78 »

A pair of tweezers extreme patience. 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Hold the loose pube away from her plush. Apply a very wet cotton pad of isopropyl between the pube and plush and gently peel away the pube over time
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

Geez drmicrochip, I hope she hasn't got a full bush.
I have the same issue, it's going to take a few sessions by golly.

Pete.

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

I'm so glad I ordered mine explicitely without hair in the first place. Jazzi has never had any hair, and therefore none of these problems.
Assuming the bush is glued with the same glue as the eyebrows, lips, or eyes, I'd say that alcohol is probably the best option. Any type of alcohol will do, even some really strong moonshine. I've had to reattach Jazzi's eyes and lips a couple of times, and when her eyebrows came off, I just used my embroidering skills to give her more natural looking ones made from dark brown yarn.
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

CaleyEvans
Doll
Doll

Post by CaleyEvans »

Not alcohol. Acetone. Acetone is what dissolves superglue. Nail polish remover is probably the easiest source if the drug store is closer than the hardware store (and if you don't want a can of way more highly flammable liquid than you'll need hanging around your home afterwards 8O ). Ian removed Ana's and Karen's that way, though it was only to give them fleece bushes of his own creation like he did with the rest of us (Bev, Gwen and I were ordered pubeless like Jazzi, whereas Ana was a gift and Karen was "pre-loved").

Also, he used an X-Acto blade rather than tweezers, and worked by saturating the tiny spot he was working on with a Q-tip and gently working the glue from the velour fibers...sorry, a hobby knife and a cotton swab for those of you not familiar with American brand names. :wink: Note that there may be tiny bit of evidence of damage to the plush, especially if you manage to remove all of the glue, but if you fluff it afterwards it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Oh, and when working with acetone, for frak's sake open a window. :? One advantage of the acetone is that it evaporates quickly, but as a side effect that means lots of fumes. Ian may be used to it from back when he'd reinforce two of his real nails with fake ones for playing bass, but I was present for both surgeries...and let me say that I'm glad I don't have a stomach, or I'd've surely been nauseous from the smell. :(
Yes, my husband has finally begun restoring his albums. ;)

drmicrochip

Post by drmicrochip »

CaleyEvans wrote:Not alcohol. Acetone. Acetone is what dissolves superglue. Nail polish remover is probably the easiest source if the drug store is closer than the hardware store (and if you don't want a can of way more highly flammable liquid than you'll need hanging around your home afterwards 8O ). Ian removed Ana's and Karen's that way, though it was only to give them fleece bushes of his own creation like he did with the rest of us (Bev, Gwen and I were ordered pubeless like Jazzi, whereas Ana was a gift and Karen was "pre-loved").

Also, he used an X-Acto blade rather than tweezers, and worked by saturating the tiny spot he was working on with a Q-tip and gently working the glue from the velour fibers...sorry, a hobby knife and a cotton swab for those of you not familiar with American brand names. :wink: Note that there may be tiny bit of evidence of damage to the plush, especially if you manage to remove all of the glue, but if you fluff it afterwards it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Oh, and when working with acetone, for frak's sake open a window. :? One advantage of the acetone is that it evaporates quickly, but as a side effect that means lots of fumes. Ian may be used to it from back when he'd reinforce two of his real nails with fake ones for playing bass, but I was present for both surgeries...and let me say that I'm glad I don't have a stomach, or I'd've surely been nauseous from the smell. :(
Acetone, you say? Thank you Caley. I'll try that. Hopefully it comes out right. Next time I order a doll I'll make sure to tell them "No Pubic Hair."

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

Yes, it didn't help me ordering no pubes, cos I got them anyway, but, shit happens!
Be careful with the acetone, use in a well ventilated room and wash the area with soap and water when done.

Pete.

FEZMONKEY

Post by FEZMONKEY »

Oddly enough my Lucy came with pubes, and Carly Evans is correct Acetone is the best method for removal, but once I had removed the original bush I found Lucy looked a little two bare, so I bought a Mirkin and added a landing strip of dyed fluff that matched her new wig.

I like collar and cuff to match :D

Anyway hope the removal goes well.

FM

italianloopy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by italianloopy »

superglue is horrific for teddy babes and leaves scars.I learned the hard way. Now I buy pubic patches from Real doll which consists of actual female pubic hair threaded onto a mesh. I learned (the hard way) to never superglue this either. With my new teddy babe, I bought supertape which goes under the mesh. It is easily removable and supports the wonderful pubic patch

Bastian81

Post by Bastian81 »

italianloopy wrote:superglue is horrific for teddy babes and leaves scars.I learned the hard way. Now I buy pubic patches from Real doll which consists of actual female pubic hair threaded onto a mesh. I learned (the hard way) to never superglue this either. With my new teddy babe, I bought supertape which goes under the mesh. It is easily removable and supports the wonderful pubic patch
Wow, sounds great!

Where did you get the real doll pubic hair? This could by a great Mod for my Babe.
Do you have a photo of the hair patch?

Maggie_Mae69

Post by Maggie_Mae69 »

My doll's pubic hair just came unglued by itself and I just slowly removed it myself without damaging the doll. If you want an easy way to put back pubic hair, I found cheap merkins at a costume shop. It just glues back on and you can use different styles too like a landing strip or heart shaped merkins as well...
Maggie ,Lisa, Candy, Brandy and Amy send their love

INFORMATIONS