Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Moving sparkling doll eyes!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Moving sparkling doll eyes!

Post by siliconefun »

Hi doll friends,

still another enhancement for doll eyes who don't want to move when doing a shooting session. Yeah, that so annoying.
You can take the sexiest tricks and the doll still looks straight away :shakefist:
There were a few good hints for moving the doll eyes more easily. A good example: injecting a few drops of isopropyl alcohol with an eye dropper.
This works really fine and I use this method on all of my dolls.

Step 1:
Sparkling eyes!
Use car polish to make the eyes more glossy!
5.jpg
6.jpg
Step 2:
DSC00295.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
The eyeballs can now be moved to your taste.
Dolls, move your eyes and enhance our piccies :P

SF :D
Last edited by siliconefun on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Reworked content

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Moving sparkling doll eyes!

Post by pygmalion2 »

Wow, you are really on a roll here with this second tip. :wink:
<em>I know the good artist</em>

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

Thanks for sharing this great tip! :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Good idea & excellent instructional. I will have to try this with one set of doll eyes.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi again,
@pygmalion2
@selobl
@DollAfficionado
I've had to do a cosmetic refurbishment on Zoe's nose (Hey, that was not from a fight!!) and therefor I removed the face to do this work.
You can polish these acrylic eyes to achieve a more glossy look but this step isn't mandatory!!
It's very easy to remove the eyeballs with the face in your hand but it's possible that the eyelashes come off. Zoe's eyelashes were replaced last year and glued with slate colored silicone and they hold well now.

SF

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Are those glass or plastic eyes? I do like the car polish tip. I normally just use lube but it dries pretty quick.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

cy_xander

Post by cy_xander »

Thanks for the instructional! Eye gaze is crucial to getting realistic photos, so I want to move them, but it's so tricky I usually move the camera instead. Will definitely try this.

You're sure right about the eyelashes. Is it a fact that eyelash glue will not stick to silicone? You have to use gluing silicone? Is the same true of nail glue, which is cyanoacrylate right?

Thanks. Cy_Xander
Amber
AmberImage

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

xo sauce wrote:WOW~! is a good idea~! The doll eyes is very sharing~
Enjoyed for sharing :angel:

- SF -

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

TTNLBTPD wrote:Are those glass or plastic eyes? I do like the car polish tip. I normally just use lube but it dries pretty quick.
Hi TTNLBTPD,
these are the original upgraded acrylic eyes provided by Abyss which features all of my 3 Sweeties. I too tried water-based lube but when it dries it leaves a tacky mess. A few drops of alcohol applied with a small eyedropper works perfectly and fast.

- SF -

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

First time I've seen this Guy, but I'm glad I finally have. Really useful little tutorial.
I'm not sure I'll go as far as taking Hanna's eyes out but I really ought to do something about moving them.
I did cringe a little when I saw poor Zoe having her eye taken out, Hanna couldn't look.

Great tutorial to the usual high Guy standard. I'll remember this little trick now.

Thanks a lot Guy and love to you and the girls
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

cy_xander wrote:Thanks for the instructional! Eye gaze is crucial to getting realistic photos, so I want to move them, but it's so tricky I usually move the camera instead. Will definitely try this.

You're sure right about the eyelashes. Is it a fact that eyelash glue will not stick to silicone? You have to use gluing silicone? Is the same true of nail glue, which is cyanoacrylate right?

Thanks. Cy_Xander
Hi cy_xander,
sadly on both RD's the upper eyelashes came off on the outer corners. Amy's eyelashes were glued back in position but Zoe received an all new set of upper and lower lashes (Red cherry eyelashes => amazon.com). Only use RTV-1 silicone for gluing, don't use cyanoacrylate as it will brittle off.
To apply/fix the lashes, best is to remove some old silicone residues with a fine pair of scissors. Clean the eyelashes with alcohol prior gluing. To make the repair/new fix as good as possible tint a small batch of RTV-1 silicone (I used the pocket silicone delivered with the doll which is very good) with a color to match the original gluing batch. For Zoe, I applied a drop of black scale modeling paint to achieve the same tint. With the help of a tooth picker apply an even string of silicone on the border of the eye lid and place the eyelash without any waiting time onto the still wet bead. Take care that the nylon cord holding the fine lash hairs is embedded into the bead. Usually I grip the hairs with my fingers and hold the lash in place until the silicone gets tacky after a few minutes (!).

Sorry, but in the rush of doing the repair job I forgot to make some piccies and an instruction :?

- SF -

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Mondoon wrote:First time I've seen this Guy, but I'm glad I finally have. Really useful little tutorial.
I'm not sure I'll go as far as taking Hanna's eyes out but I really ought to do something about moving them.
I did cringe a little when I saw poor Zoe having her eye taken out, Hanna couldn't look.

Great tutorial to the usual high Guy standard. I'll remember this little trick now.

Thanks a lot Guy and love to you and the girls
Hi Mondoon,
sorry but this tuto don't work for Hanna because the original 4woods eyes have a cut-off socket and they're not perfectly round.
700a.jpg
The best would be to remove this pair of eyes (dia. 26 mm) and to exchange them against better ones. I replaced Mia's eyes against a new set of Abyss eyes click here to view topic but there's an interesting seller in the UK for doll eyes http://glasseyes.com/index.html.
When you're interested for doing this step pm me as we can do it on the next doll meet, eyelash repair/care included.

Best wishes to you & Hanna,

- SF - :D -

purplehaze

Post by purplehaze »

Thank you for sharing instructions!

INFORMATIONS