exdollofficial.com

Mini Doll broken spine repair

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

PetwarB
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Mini Doll broken spine repair

Post by PetwarB »

Wow, great work, OP.

Not sure how happy I'd be about receiving a new doll in that condition, but at least you know it can be repaired, and it's DIY.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

DarkOne wrote:You might be able to still get replacement parts from john however. I would recommend asking for both thighs while your at it, because S/H is very expensive from DS ($69 to canada)
OK John promised to send me all the parts free and shipping cost seem to be the same 69 bucks. I hope he understood that I meant complete thighs and not just the joint part. I think it was you who got the wrong part for the broken knee? Now I guess it takes 2-4 weeks for parts to get here... sigh.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Pumpster wrote:
DarkOne wrote:You might be able to still get replacement parts from john however. I would recommend asking for both thighs while your at it, because S/H is very expensive from DS ($69 to canada)
OK John promised to send me all the parts free and shipping cost seem to be the same 69 bucks. I hope he understood that I meant complete thighs and not just the joint part. I think it was you who got the wrong part for the broken knee? Now I guess it takes 2-4 weeks for parts to get here... sigh.
No I got the proper part for my broken knee.

I would recommend circling the parts on the DS skeleton picture and sending john that picture.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Damn that thread part inside the torso is a b*tch to get out. No matter what I try the plastic is so mushy that it just crumbles away. I tried hammering swiss knife blade in and then turning it but it's so thight that blade started warping. Maybe I need to drill it out too, but I suppose then the hole must be rethreaded. Wouldn't want to mess up so that the new part doesn't screw in anymore.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Have you tried any penetrating oil like WD40 or similar? A dry joint will have a lot of friction. Make sure you put tissue round so you don't get any oil on the silicone.
Also, the thread remover tools shown in one of the earlier posts are good. They have a counter thread so they screw in while you wind anti-clockwise as if you're undoing the bit left in.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I think penetrating oil might cause plastic to degrade? I guess I'll get that screw extractor kit and try with it as last resort. Might come in handy elsewhere too lol.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi Pumpster!
I've just tried WD40 on the same broken bit I took out of my Eva1 and no problem as far as I can see! The thread is still in the torso like yours but the top of the torso is cracked so I have to replace the whole thing.
One thing I can say is that there were bits of silicone left on that broken bit and the oil doesn't feel as though it will do any harm but I would take all precautions to stop it getting on the inside as I think it will stop the silicone bonding once you want to close up again. It could be tricky to clean up!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Petroleum based penetrating oil might not ruin the plastic right away but I afraid it might make plastic brittle over time, and as this doll is fragile enough I don't want to risk it, heh.

You are really going to replace the torso part? I think I would give up at that point, sounds like too big of operation as she would have to be cut open completely!

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

I thought about how I would have done this without new parts. Looked like the 2 pieces were still in the right place and it broke due to a left / right snap. I would measure the hole in the middle of the broken piece. Gone to a hardware store and bought a threaded metal rod that would just fit in that hole without great effort but as snug as possible.. Cut a piece long enough to just fit the length. Gloop it with plastic bonding, glu, what ever floats your boat and insert into the lower threaded piece. Harden for a day or 2 - gloop the metal rod sticking out and the cracked pieces - slide it in and let it harden, Bet it will hold.
L✰neR✯nger

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Doesn't look like this can be fixed with anything else than glue and glue won't propably hold.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I agree. I don't think the small parts are worth trying to glue. Given that DS will supply new parts which could be nylon rather than the original ABS, we don't know how long a repaired part will hold even if we can glue it effectively.
My Eva1 has to have a new torso because the top was cracked in transit. The torso is made up of two parts which seem to be screwed together. The top has an Allen key bolt insert with a screw thread inside it which holds the mounting bolt. I think the package must have been dropped onto a hard surface and the shock went through the bolt cracking the torso top. I don't have any choice but to replace it all. However, I still haven't heard from DS so I'm not sure if they're willing or able to supply it! All I can do is sit and wait!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Your right - I thought the hole went thru both pieces
L✰neR✯nger

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I agree. I don't think the small parts are worth trying to glue. Given that DS will supply new parts which could be nylon rather than the original ABS, we don't know how long a repaired part will hold even if we can glue it effectively.

This seem to be melting the plastic and could be used to fuse pieces back together, but welded joint won't be any stronger than the piece originally was so it'll just snap again eventually.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Yeah, it's a bummer whichever way you look at it! Once you've had to cut open it seems a waste of time trying to repair when you can put in a new part anyway! If this was a one-off I think it might be justifiable but now we know the plastic was too brittle in the first place we need to be looking at longer term solutions.
I hope DS come up with something more rigorously tested for the next generation, although probably for most of us here it's "once bitten twice shy", which is a shame as they are such beautiful dolls!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

Pumpster wrote:
hollows+fentiman wrote:I agree. I don't think the small parts are worth trying to glue. Given that DS will supply new parts which could be nylon rather than the original ABS, we don't know how long a repaired part will hold even if we can glue it effectively.

This seem to be melting the plastic and could be used to fuse pieces back together, but welded joint won't be any stronger than the piece originally was so it'll just snap again eventually.
Having just done this, and mine also snapped off flush I was tempted to epoxy mine as well. But when I tried to match up the 2 broken bits I found the stress that broke it warped the plastic enough that they don't mate back up clean and flush. No amount of glue will fill that void and hold it together.

You can see my thread - I got the threaded section out with a pocket knife with a very strong blade. It wasn't easy, but it was well worth replacing it.

INFORMATIONS