SexDollAmerica.com

I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
sirdave62
Former Member

Re: I'VE DECIDED DOLLS JUST AREN'T FOR ME

Post by sirdave62 »

Gaijin wrote:
sirdave62 wrote: However, I DO know the saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Also, most importantly, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

So I'll make some changes and improvements in my life and myself, and see what happens!
This is a healthy attitude. It doesn't matter if we are single, in a relationship, or living the doll life, the only way things get better for us is if we work on bettering ourselves. It's not an easy, or linear process, but it's absolutely worth doing. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
Many thanks for sharing your two cents, brother!

Love your avatar! My late mother was Japanese/Okinawan.

Thank you for your understanding. Both my parents passed last year, within three months of each other. Both 88 years of age, married 62 years. Biggest loss in anyone's life, I suppose. I had somewhat isolated myself even beyond COVID-19 considerations (I caught the fucking thing but beat it, so I gots me some antibodies now). Kind of fell into a rut, not doing much or leaving home much in the days before my last doll arrived. Tried her once and just could no longer get interested. Maybe things DO happen for a reason...or something just clicked in my mind, and I decided I need to find a way to move forward.

I thank you and everyone for all your support during my time here. Gaijin, best of luck to you as well!

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

young guy wrote:You and everyone posting here has brought great, really valid points; ultimately what do the dolls do for you? You've mentioned the sex aspects, is that all you got them for? You mentioned the loner part, I believe many people on this site could relate to that. If the dolls helped you at all get through his difficult part of life, then maybe they've served their purpose. Doll life is a choice, there are a lot of things you need to resign yourself to if you're going to continue with them. I get the sense from your post that the dolls may have helped you to cope with what you've been dealing with and now your interests lie elsewhere; if so, all here wish you the best, and hope you have no regrets. My feelings are aligned with everyone who's posted so far, the dolls have brought me joy and contentment I had thought was lost to me. Whatever you decide, wish you the best in your life!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I had sort of isolated myself after the deaths of my parents, and had fallen into a sort of mild depression some days before my last doll arrived. I knew in my own mind that was not the reason for my loss of interest in dolls. I believe I was more curious than anything; I have also tried devices similar to the so-called "fleshlight" and they don't seem to do much for me either.

I believe you could be right about the dolls maybe helping somewhat, or at least being a distraction; I never got much sexual satisfaction or sense of companionship from them, really.

It's not merely gaining new interests beyond dolls; for me, this is about getting back to who I am, re-engaging my life and moving forward. I have no regrets about my experience; it may have led me to where I needed to be.

As always, thank you and everyone else at TDF for your support. Best wishes to you in your life.

AtomicPunk

Post by AtomicPunk »

No worries, Sir Dave.

Since my divorced chapter began two years ago, I've always felt it important for myself, as well as every other single man to put himself first.

Relationships are important, especially those that are in real life. I'll be the first to admit a doll is not even close to a replacement for a lover, friend, or real person. They are just different.

I started my doll journey a year ago. What I thought would be a "sex/cuddle doll" to fill a physical void in my life turned into something completely different over time. Doll sex didn't cut it for me either. But I have found Alita infinitely more satisfying as a "chill" companion and part of a doll community with photography, and I'm happier for it.

Ultimately we all here at TDF are on similar journeys, but our dolls serve different purposes. Don't feel as if you have failed, or dolls have failed you... because experience always breeds wisdom.

Keep yourself first, keep your friends, and don't be afraid to discover new things. Dating isn't the be-all/end-all "meaning of life", so you'll be fine. There's alot more out there to do if you're single, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Cheers!
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

Unwritten wrote:Hard for me to understand with the difference they've made in my life, but we're all different behind the eyes. Wish you the best of luck on your new journey :)
I hear ya bro. No worries, glad they were able to improve your life!

I'll try to explain. I believe they were never really for me. I guess I was quite fascinated upon learning that mankind had progressed beyond inflatables! 8)

My supposed interest began waning before I got rid of my first doll. I had fallen into a mild depression or "rut" a few days before the second doll arrived.

I finally decided to break free, try to work on myself and re-engage my life, and move forward...get busy living, or get busy dying. My parents would want that for me. I believe you understand...whatever works for you, right? :)

I wouldn't say they improved my life, but maybe at least steered me in the right direction. They say everything happens for a reason...

Thanks for your support, and best of luck in your life.

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

AtomicPunk wrote:No worries, Sir Dave.

Since my divorced chapter began two years ago, I've always felt it important for myself, as well as every other single man to put himself first.

Relationships are important, especially those that are in real life. I'll be the first to admit a doll is not even close to a replacement for a lover, friend, or real person. They are just different.

I started my doll journey a year ago. What I thought would be a "sex/cuddle doll" to fill a physical void in my life turned into something completely different over time. Doll sex didn't cut it for me either. But I have found Alita infinitely more satisfying as a "chill" companion and part of a doll community with photography, and I'm happier for it.

Ultimately we all here at TDF are on similar journeys, but our dolls serve different purposes. Don't feel as if you have failed, or dolls have failed you... because experience always breeds wisdom.

Keep yourself first, keep your friends, and don't be afraid to discover new things. Dating isn't the be-all/end-all "meaning of life", so you'll be fine. There's alot more out there to do if you're single, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Cheers!
Many thanks for your support and sharing your valuable insight!

I fully understand the appeal of love dolls beyond their primary purpose. For myself, as I have stated in my other replies, it's likely that I was simply very intrigued that they had "evolved" beyond inflatables, and there is that "taboo" aura, of course. I believe that sexual function was my real sole interest, and dolls (as well as other sexual "aids" for men) just don't do it for me. Oh, well.

As you say, whether or not I do re-enter the dating scene, I can discover new things, maybe make new friends, and so on. First and most importantly, I want to work on improving myself and re-engaging my life before moving forward. I do believe my experience with dolls may have been a turning point for me, so maybe they didn't fail me at all!

I can't thank you and everyone here for your guidance and support. Best of luck in your journey!

Cheers!

dollydolldolls

Post by dollydolldolls »

It's fascinating me in a way, you're going towards real girls while approaching your 60s. Meanwhile, I'm barely 21 and soon embracing the doll lifestyle with the arrival of my first and second doll instead of going towards real girls to experience sexual pleasure or end up in a relationship, as I'm in my best years to have success with real girls, or am I? :)
You're always welcome in case you'll decide to return to the doll lifestyle and be a fellow TDF member once again :)
A doll is no different from a woman not moving during the act

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

dollydolldolls wrote:It's fascinating me in a way, you're going towards real girls while approaching your 60s. Meanwhile, I'm barely 21 and soon embracing the doll lifestyle with the arrival of my first and second doll instead of going towards real girls to experience sexual pleasure or end up in a relationship, as I'm in my best years to have success with real girls, or am I? :)
I think it depends on what metrics you use to determine what "best" means... genuine relationship opportunities, frequency of hookups, whatever. From some of the articles I've read, my direct observations of many people with whom I've been acquainted, and my own experience most men don't reach their "best years" until around age 25 and that tends to last until around their mid-30s. For women it's around 19 - 28. The "prime". If you consider what most men and women want from their relationships and one another, this age ratio makes sense. Have you ever heard an 18 year old girl say "I only date older men" meaning men from 25 to 35? Conversely, have you ever seen well-established men in their mid-30s hooking up with 22 - 28 year old women? It seems to be the norm from what I've seen.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

dollydolldolls wrote:It's fascinating me in a way, you're going towards real girls while approaching your 60s. Meanwhile, I'm barely 21 and soon embracing the doll lifestyle with the arrival of my first and second doll instead of going towards real girls to experience sexual pleasure or end up in a relationship, as I'm in my best years to have success with real girls, or am I? :)
You're always welcome in case you'll decide to return to the doll lifestyle and be a fellow TDF member once again :)

All I can say from my personal history and others is that technically, you are indeed in your prime, but I wouldn't overthink it or get hung up on official stats. My late Mom and Dad were sexually active into their eighties. Guess that means I'll be a horndog for quite a while longer, God willing! 8) Just go with what suits you best. You can always take an occasional dip in the real girl arena while maintaining the doll lifestyle...if your dolls are ok with an open relationship! :D Seriously, long as you're happy, young brother!

As for me possibly returning to the doll lifestyle, that's highly unlikely. As I've stated in my other reply posts, it seems for me, love dolls were more of an initial fascination and enticing novelty than I first realized. After having two my interest quickly began to dissipate, all but gone after the second doll arrived. I have found dolls and other male sexual aids don't really do it for me. I still get horny, though, so good to know I'm still functional.

Love dolls would have to make considerable advances in realism, specifically skin texture, genitalia, heating, and weight, and possibly add fluid motion and improved sound, for me to even consider returning to dolls.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Love dolls would have to make considerable advances in realism
Every owner's wish, but for now the range of improvements are in softness and durability

Skin texture currently relies a lot on the owners skill with doll maintenance, powdering etc.

Heating is still a bit of a challenge for articulated dolls, any internal electrical faults have zip chance of being repaired

As for fluid motion, as in the Japanese Asimov, serious money needed there

Weight reduction is being improved but dolls have to suit a couple of main functions:
1. photography subject
2. Intimate purposes

I don't understand the "advances needed for genitalia" though, there is a considerable range of options across manufacturers particularly with inserts :whistle:

Advances of the order you believe would make a doll more appealing are probably decades away :glou:

dollydolldolls

Post by dollydolldolls »

Rock13 wrote:
I think it depends on what metrics you use to determine what "best" means... genuine relationship opportunities, frequency of hookups, whatever. From some of the articles I've read, my direct observations of many people with whom I've been acquainted, and my own experience most men don't reach their "best years" until around age 25 and that tends to last until around their mid-30s. For women it's around 19 - 28. The "prime". If you consider what most men and women want from their relationships and one another, this age ratio makes sense. Have you ever heard an 18 year old girl say "I only date older men" meaning men from 25 to 35? Conversely, have you ever seen well-established men in their mid-30s hooking up with 22 - 28 year old women? It seems to be the norm from what I've seen.
Your answer came to me as a surprise, as you've shared some very detailed thoughts I wouldn't have thought of without your involvement :)
Metrics very well be a great indicator to generally mention some characteristics of the so called 'prime time', so we can create a bare estimate of when men reach 'their prime' time regarding relationships with women. We shouldn't forget to look at it on a case to case basis, as men come with different priorities, expectations, and wishes.
As of my priorities, freedom is the one I'd rank the highest. I can tell you with absolute certainty, I'm never going to marry a woman, as well as never going to take a loan from a bank, as it would create an unbearable burden, plaguing me on a daily basis.
Compare well-established married men, owning real estate, stocks, cars, and other financial assets to me, a youngster owning virtually nothing aside of his new dolls, soon to be delivered and some cryptocurrencies he's easily hiding from authorities. The ease of entering and leaving a relationship when things go South and a point of no return has been reached, is non-existent to the well-established married man, as he'd need to go to court, pay his attorney tremendous amounts of money, potentially lose half of his financial assets and time he'd never be able to regain. Then again, if he never married, then he most likely preserved the same freedom I've been praising over and over again.
Another observation I'd like to mention, adult relationships involve unpleasant obligations and topics, that need to be addressed more frequently, comparing it to the obligations of a youngster, who may be still living at home and attending college/trade school classes.
If I'd be committing to a partner, then I'd love to see our relationship revolving around love and not originating through the wealth one partner has attained. And my guess is, I might be in a better position now, than I will be in ten years time. But then again, this particular demand seems highly unrealistic as of today, no matter how old or young you are :)

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

it’s definitely not for everyone. Lots of care and maintenance involved. Some people get excited and rush in and buy one not knowing how taxing it can be. Sometimes the weight is an issue and is a dealbreaker for some. Lots of variables involved.

dollydolldolls

Post by dollydolldolls »

sirdave62 wrote:

All I can say from my personal history and others is that technically, you are indeed in your prime, but I wouldn't overthink it or get hung up on official stats. My late Mom and Dad were sexually active into their eighties. Guess that means I'll be a horndog for quite a while longer, God willing! 8) Just go with what suits you best. You can always take an occasional dip in the real girl arena while maintaining the doll lifestyle...if your dolls are ok with an open relationship! :D Seriously, long as you're happy, young brother!

As for me possibly returning to the doll lifestyle, that's highly unlikely. As I've stated in my other reply posts, it seems for me, love dolls were more of an initial fascination and enticing novelty than I first realized. After having two my interest quickly began to dissipate, all but gone after the second doll arrived. I have found dolls and other male sexual aids don't really do it for me. I still get horny, though, so good to know I'm still functional.

Love dolls would have to make considerable advances in realism, specifically skin texture, genitalia, heating, and weight, and possibly add fluid motion and improved sound, for me to even consider returning to dolls.
I'm not considering statistics as a foundation for prejudice and decision-making, as I'll be moving from country to country in future and different countries inherent different dating cultures :) I'll certainly try to get a hold of the real thing but most likely won't commit to a relationship, thank you for the kind words :)
I think we'll have to wait some time for new innovations regarding dolls. I'm not sure whether the current manufacturers of love doll do have incentives to innovate and potentially waste some money while researching or stick to their current formula until it's not profitable anymore :)

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

seagull wrote:Love dolls would have to make considerable advances in realism
Every owner's wish, but for now the range of improvements are in softness and durability

Skin texture currently relies a lot on the owners skill with doll maintenance, powdering etc.

Heating is still a bit of a challenge for articulated dolls, any internal electrical faults have zip chance of being repaired

As for fluid motion, as in the Japanese Asimov, serious money needed there

Weight reduction is being improved but dolls have to suit a couple of main functions:
1. photography subject
2. Intimate purposes

I don't understand the "advances needed for genitalia" though, there is a considerable range of options across manufacturers particularly with inserts :whistle:

Advances of the order you believe would make a doll more appealing are probably decades away :glou:
Hello again, and thanks for sharing your thoughts, seagull!

You are probably right about doll genitalia...as long as LHP is good, at least.

Other aforementioned advances are certainly years or longer away, depending on how incentivized the manufacturers are. Current so-called "sex robots" are still somewhat crude IMHO, just animatronic heads with a "brain" that simulate AI.

Definitely not holding my breath for the fluid motions; as you point out, considerable expense, and likely a very long time to be even remotely cost-effective and reliable.

I agree weight reduction would have a lower limit for the reasons you state, especially for intimate purposes, but I decided dolls are still just too cumbersome and bothersome for me to enjoy. A learning experience, no regrets, no worries, mate! 8)

sirdave62
Former Member

Post by sirdave62 »

jokerisalive wrote:it’s definitely not for everyone. Lots of care and maintenance involved. Some people get excited and rush in and buy one not knowing how taxing it can be. Sometimes the weight is an issue and is a dealbreaker for some. Lots of variables involved.
Thank you for sharing your experienced insight!

You have effectively summarized my experience in just a few sentences! Others have followed my path as well, of course. Just so you and everyone at the forum knows, no regrets, a learning experience about myself, and many thanks for the welcome and support!

Nickartdude67
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nickartdude67 »

I fully understand your position on this. I have always said that love dolls are not for every one. I also firmly believe that if you only look to them for one aspect such as just sexual satisfaction then their fundamental long term benefits will be short lived. But then there is nothing inherently wrong with useing them as a stepping stone to achieve a much broader goal either. If your dolls have been a liaison to get back into a dating scenario then they have served your purpose.
For me personally my doll companion Agnesa has in a lot of ways broadened my horizon. Opened some doors for me for other relationships with real women who are not only interested in me but have a real likeing and curiosity for Agnesa as well. They see how much I care for her and find it very appealing as well. Even if I should ever get to the point of being in another long term relationship with a real woman I would not abandon Agnesa. Nor would I consider selling her. I look upon her as my companion and friend. She gives me much more than just sex. But I understand that is something that is, like I said not for everyone.
Be well and I wish you much succes in the future.
Nick The Albanian Doll Guru

INFORMATIONS