Quintina Travel Performance Review and Modification

Valentina Girls are high quality fleece textile sex dolls made in Sweden. The dolls are available in many body types, different skin colors, different heads, and with a very wide variety of options. If you would like an option that is not available we create that option for you. The only limit is your imagination! Website: valentinagirls.com
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Quintina Travel Performance Review and Modification

Post by Mr Franz »

ValentinaGirls wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:07 am Foot looks great Mr. Franz!

I do believe you'll be seeing a new option on our site soon based on that foot :wink:

Thanks for the idea, and please keep 'em comin' :D

/Robert
Thanks! Pretty simple mod too. I think it would look great with the enhanced calf option or perhaps even part of that option. :wink:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Man, it's the simple things that are the biggest pain in the ass! :roll:
"What did you do today, Uncle?"
"Well, today I gave my Valentina Girl a real belly button."
"How come it's off center?"
"Shut up ya little punk! Ya bother me!"
:shakefist:
^
Looks okay, but ½ inch off center. Measured that sucker twice, too. :x
nip_tuck012.JPG
nip_tuck012.JPG (114.24 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
Here's what it looks like from the inside.
nip_tuck013.JPG
nip_tuck013.JPG (100.43 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
Oh well, I can live with it. :wink:
nip_tuck014.JPG
nip_tuck014.JPG (113.11 KiB) Viewed 1232 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Project VAL's internal organs arrived today. Somehow I think 5lbs would have been plenty... :whistle:
VAL008.JPG
VAL008.JPG (69.68 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

nevesver
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by nevesver »

PolyFil is amazing. I originally stuffed my dolls with generic store brand polyester and while that was okay, the dolls tended to get a little hard. Started using PolyFil last year and that stuff is so soft and fluffy and fitting for a VG. A bit more pricey, but worth every penny.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

nevesver wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:47 pm PolyFil is amazing. I originally stuffed my dolls with generic store brand polyester and while that was okay, the dolls tended to get a little hard. Started using PolyFil last year and that stuff is so soft and fluffy and fitting for a VG. A bit more pricey, but worth every penny.
I actually got it pretty cheap. Guy on eBay had an extra box. :D

nevesver
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by nevesver »

Mr Franz wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:37 pm
nevesver wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:47 pm PolyFil is amazing. I originally stuffed my dolls with generic store brand polyester and while that was okay, the dolls tended to get a little hard. Started using PolyFil last year and that stuff is so soft and fluffy and fitting for a VG. A bit more pricey, but worth every penny.
I actually got it pretty cheap. Guy on eBay had an extra box. :D
Awesome to hear you got a bargain!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Haven't accomplished much yet. Still contemplating this and that, but did manage to do a little hand detailing today. Valentina hands are pretty good as is. The shape is nice and they come with individual fingers. They just lack palm detail and articulation. Both however, are available as options. I just decided to do my own.

First order of business was getting the hand stuffed. Not as easy as it sounds. Thankfully, travel Valentinas come with pre-stuffed fingers and toes. So, once I stuffed the rest of the hand, it was just a matter of shaping the palm with a few strategically placed stitches. That worked out pretty well, but the fingers are a bit floppy for my taste. Didn't really want full articulation, just enough for subtle poses.
^
Opened my desk drawer and found a bunch of soft, coated paperclips. Perfect! :D
nip_tuck015.JPG
nip_tuck015.JPG (77.71 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
^
Ah, but how to get them in now that the hand was already stuffed and stitched... :whistle:
Seems finger pokes aren't such a bad thing for a plush doll! :mrgreen:
nip_tuck016.JPG
nip_tuck016.JPG (96.15 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
^
All in all, worked out pretty well. I'll add some nails once the doll is finished. :wink:
nip_tuck017.JPG
nip_tuck017.JPG (105.36 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
nip_tuck018.JPG
nip_tuck018.JPG (102.46 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Not much progress to report, been waiting on a some materials. Namely, what is to be her skull. Decided to go with a foam hat/wig display head like I used to give my Meiki Evo, Veronica a face. This time though, I plan to modify it a lot more.

So, the head finally arrived. Ebay listing claimed to be a USA seller. Merchandise however, was still in China. Not that big a deal, just took a little extra time for delivery. Problem was, jackass shipped it in a plastic bag with no protection whatsoever!

Take a look at this... :whistle:
skull001.JPG
skull001.JPG (240.26 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
skull002.JPG
skull002.JPG (227.11 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
skull003.JPG
skull003.JPG (200.46 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
skull004.JPG
skull004.JPG (206.82 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
^

Okay, so sent those pics to seller and eBay and got a full refund. Don't even have to send the foam head back. The good news is, as bad as the head looks, because of the mods I planned to make anyway, it's still usable. So, Free Skull for my Valentina!

It's already on the mend... :D
skull005.JPG
skull005.JPG (184 KiB) Viewed 1085 times

nevesver
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by nevesver »

Was about to say, that poor foam head looks like it has a massive headache. Glad you were able to get a refund and can still use the product!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

nevesver wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:36 pm Was about to say, that poor foam head looks like it has a massive headache. Glad you were able to get a refund and can still use the product!
Well, the head is all smoothed out now. :D
skull006.JPG
skull006.JPG (168.77 KiB) Viewed 974 times
skull007.JPG
skull007.JPG (143.94 KiB) Viewed 974 times
skull008.JPG
skull008.JPG (144.04 KiB) Viewed 974 times
On to the modding stage. :drinking:
skull009.JPG
skull009.JPG (185.75 KiB) Viewed 974 times
Mildly disturbing photos ahead... :shocked!:
skull010.JPG
skull010.JPG (146.84 KiB) Viewed 974 times
skull011.JPG
skull011.JPG (170.37 KiB) Viewed 947 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Bloody mouth and eye sockets, anyone? :twisted:
skull012.JPG
skull012.JPG (139.18 KiB) Viewed 884 times
The doll is to have movable eyes and I needed to cover the raw Styrofoam to allow smoother operation. Chose maroon just to add a bit of realism should the corners show. Same with the mouth, though the lips will likely have very limited movement

...and now for some less disturbing pictures. Well, at least until I open the eye sockets again... :whistle:
skull013.JPG
skull013.JPG (294.55 KiB) Viewed 884 times
skull014.JPG
skull014.JPG (255.99 KiB) Viewed 884 times
skull015.JPG
skull015.JPG (264.65 KiB) Viewed 884 times
I covered the entire head with some textured 4-way stretch fabric for uniformity, softness and to give the adhesive something to grab hold of when I apply the Valentina Girl fleece. The fabric they use doesn't have a lot of give, so I'll have to do a bit of creative stitchery. Hopefully, I can hide the seams.

EDIT:
Not too frightening with the eye sockets and mouth open, after all. :D
skull016.JPG
skull016.JPG (252.18 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Had no definite plans today, but didn't imagine I'd be giving a Valentina Girl a lip-ectomy! :mrgreen:
misc001.JPG
misc001.JPG (400.44 KiB) Viewed 867 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Bit of progress today on project Valentina.
Cut down the lips to fit the skull and installed the eyes. They work really well.
Only problem, she kept looking up at me begging for some skin on her face. 8O
skull017.JPG
skull017.JPG (260.7 KiB) Viewed 829 times
skull018.JPG
skull018.JPG (265.52 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Soooo... with Dhila's help. :whistle:
skull019.JPG
skull019.JPG (238.89 KiB) Viewed 829 times
skull020.JPG
skull020.JPG (216.58 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Actually wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. I just draped a piece of fabric over the skull, pinned, cut and sewed accordingly. I was able to confine most of the seams to the top and back of the head, under the hairline. The only one that shows runs from the base of her nose down under her chin. Her lips will cover part of that and the rest just looks like a cleft. I think it will look pretty good once it's all tacked in place. Hardest part will be centering the eye openings. Only got one shot at it. :wink:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Was feeling inspired today and... Well, see for yourself. 8)
face001.JPG
face001.JPG (197.19 KiB) Viewed 782 times
face002.JPG
face002.JPG (260.95 KiB) Viewed 782 times
face003.JPG
face003.JPG (303.92 KiB) Viewed 782 times

Got some tweaking to do, but came out better than I expected. Eyes move side to side and up and down, eyelids open and close, the nose has honest to goodness nostrils and even the ears have an opening!

Speaking of movable eyes. I used standard 26mm acrylic eyes hot glued to a perfume bottle cap. The cap is metal, so I heated it and used it to shape the eye socket in the Styrofoam skull to the exact size. Worked great. Movement is practically effortless. :D
misc002.JPG
misc002.JPG (277.68 KiB) Viewed 782 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Well with the head done, time to start working on the body. Already did the hand and feet mods, so I went ahead and stuffed the arms and legs today. That's a rather tedious job I haven't been looking forward to.

Now, I had planned to add a full articulated skeleton, but thought better of it, not wanting to take away from the cuddliness. Still, the calves and forearms could use some stiffening. Kind of annoying sometimes when they bend every which way on you. All kind of fun trying to get pantyhose on a doll with floppy legs. :x

So I thought to myself, how can I make the job of stuffing the arms and legs that much more difficult.....? Simple, put some sort of obstruction in the way making it almost impossible to get the Poly-fil in! :fist:

To stiffen the calves, I used a short section of pool-noodle. Stiff, but by no means hard. They don't make skinny pool noodles that I know of, so I used pipe wrap to stiffen the forearms. Several hours and much cussing later... :bad-words:

Turned out pretty good. Looks like project Valentina is going to have some sexy plush legs! :twisted:
misc003.JPG
misc003.JPG (446.99 KiB) Viewed 751 times
nip_tuck019.JPG
nip_tuck019.JPG (382.36 KiB) Viewed 751 times
nip_tuck020.JPG
nip_tuck020.JPG (428.95 KiB) Viewed 751 times

Shylon

Post by Shylon »

This is great stuff!

INFORMATIONS