www.yourdoll.com

Hosiery 101 Class

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
ArtusRex
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Hosiery 101 Class

Post by ArtusRex »

SinsuaLuvr wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:11 pm
ArtusRex wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:54 pm As a newbie just starting out - and as a self-admitted 'ass-man' with a faible for catsuits/bodysuits - this extensive and neat treasure-trove of information is invaluable. Thank you so much!

Do you have any tips for clothing a doll in catsuits/bodysuits (apart from washing them first)? Is there any risk involved akin to the silicone bands in hold-up stockings?
(As far as I know most catsuits/bodysuits are just fancy elastic whole-body-stockings - but I am not really experienced in that field.)
Welcome to the community!

catsuits/bodysuits are usually naturally pretty elastic and sometimes will have lace stitching or ribbon ties for additional details or adjustments. They are also usually made of the same stretchy material as pantyhose. Sometimes these are mostly cotton (which is fine), but like for hosiery above, they will feel softer and silkier if the material has a spandex or Lycra blend…. 100% nylon will feel rough.

Yes continue to look for silicone to be listed in your lingerie materials and I would stay away from those. Other than silicone in lingerie or clothing, prewashing the items that will contact skin (to avoid skin stains)…the sky and your imagination is the limit!
Sounds great! Thank you very much - I will experiment a little bit and study the labels regarding the materials :thumbs_up:

Davey2469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Hosiery 101 Class

Post by Davey2469 »

SinsuaLuvr wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:11 pm
ArtusRex wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:54 pm As a newbie just starting out - and as a self-admitted 'ass-man' with a faible for catsuits/bodysuits - this extensive and neat treasure-trove of information is invaluable. Thank you so much!

Do you have any tips for clothing a doll in catsuits/bodysuits (apart from washing them first)? Is there any risk involved akin to the silicone bands in hold-up stockings?
Welcome to the community!

…the sky and your imagination is the limit!
One thing I will pass along is look for local thrift maybe even consignment, but lingerie is usually not much (I believe health restrictions). You might not find much first couple go around but it will get you confident and learn what to ask/ask for. I tried the black and white silicone topped and had no problems for 4 days on. She didn’t break out in a rash or anything, no stains. Although XS I purchased next had to pull a lot but fit nicely. I need to learn how to take leg shots.
IMG_0554.jpeg
IMG_0554.jpeg (4.04 MiB) Viewed 67 times
IMG_0555.jpeg
IMG_0555.jpeg (9.72 MiB) Viewed 67 times
IMG_0520.jpeg
IMG_0520.jpeg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 67 times
These are the white ones I left on silicone topped same as the black. So they will run easy but are cheap, just a pain to change out just for one snag. I idea’d making the hole into a heart, so after one more wear will turn into sleeves and oh so nice to have those also for changing clothes as well as the allure.
IMG_0495.jpeg
IMG_0495.jpeg (5.7 MiB) Viewed 67 times
Lalya 170cm C S39 Real Lady “The bOMb
Current: viewtopic.php?t=178506
First version: viewtopic.php?t=173583
Interested in IronTech? - https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme - carycme10 for 10% off
Laura167cm F S39 ITSRS WR 30kg UltraSoft

Darla 159cm E silicone Hedy Starpery
Newer: viewtopic.php?t=179212

Tease Album: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=12138

INFORMATIONS