DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Private Island Beauties...the new doll.

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

man o man...I'm stoked! Outa my way, I'm running to the studio today!

In response to some questions...I have indeed sculpted the body by hand. Though the the wonderfully feminine hands and feet came from life casts from two very different models. Life casting can really become addictive...but I try not to lean on it too much. Invariably, something cast tends to look dead/dull. I want to imply life. So, I sculpt my fingers off.
To avoid any problems (yea, right!) with the new site I am working with a web wizard. A super nice guy who promises to keep the site quick and easy(sounds like a great first date!) I should have the "Bella" head in silicone this week. These heads may be ordered alone. Each one fits the neck of the body perfectly. The plan is to have all heads fit all bodies. The neck is certainly a thin one...but the possibilities for new faces are endless.
I'm really enjoying coloring the platinum. It just feels...like it will be around for a very long time. It costs me more but is definitely worth it.
Rock on...P

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i have a question do you know how much the heads will cost if sold seperatly ?? i think your doll is sculpted very nice and am glad that its a taller doll although about 5 foot 5 would have been plenty tall did someone say it may be 5 foot 7 tall or was that a guess and if that tall is that because you yourself are a taller person and so wanted to create a taller doll ? enquiring minds want to know !! :lol: :D :wink:

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

An inquiring mind is a good thing! I'll have to take the tape measure to the bod today to get the actual height answer. At this time, the seperate heads will be $700.
#2 "Bella" will be ready this week. #3 "Calli" is more of an Asian face. She's coming!
Best, Patrick

Humper

Post by Humper »

toonist wrote:My estimate is that she will be about 5'7".
Thanks, Patrick
Not everyone likes "petite". It's great that an alternative is out there!

And something that's well-made but not overly pricey, wow! That would give other creators some competition.

H.

CJD
Ex-Member

Post by CJD »

I LOVE petite!! she's gorgeous!!!!

mbishop99
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mbishop99 »

She is looking very good!

Anxious to see her complete in the "flesh"

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

My prediction is that this doll will be stealing a LOT of orders away from the other doll manufacturers IF you can keep the price at $4800 USD.

She's absolutely beautiful and its nice to see high-end silicone dolls beginning to appear at affordable prices.

When doll manufacturers compete, doll buyers WIN!

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hey don't beleive technoguys preditions i just found out he's hacked into my crystal ball and is stealing information !! :lol: 8O :lol: :lol: :wink:

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Wow.. Another stunningly beautiful doll, but that's to be expected considering the people of PIT are making it.. I saw their "she's got legs" last year and was floored. Only reason I didn't order was because I heard they were going to be making a full doll. (Oh yeah, that and becuase I was flat broke at the time.. :roll: )

The doll's innovative in it's looks, but especially in it's pricing. I almost can't believe they can deliver a doll that looks this good for $4800. It's unbelievably great that we're finally seeing high end sculpting and durability (if not greater durability) in mid range dolls, for mid range money. You don't have to feel like you're "settling" anymore when you buy a mid range doll like in the old days when the only options were an S18, HVG, or 1PC. The lines between high end and mid range dolls became very blurred when Shrade announced Cassi last year, except that doll's a reduced scale. And now there's this doll, and at a full size, it's blurring the lines even further! I really can't see a difference between this doll (the prototype anyway) and a RD/Mecha/etc.

Speaking of the pricing, the guys at PIT are being really innovative there. If the $4800 price tag wasn't enough, did I read right that they plan on taking layaway? 8O That's been asked around these forums so many times that I'd imagine there'd be a small legion of layaway customers waiting to put money down on their new beauty!
[img]http://members.aol.com/ZakullKai/emeraldweapon.gif[/img]

Singledutch

Re: Private Island Beauty...the new doll.

Post by Singledutch »

OK, this doll is shaped like the "Stradivarius of sex" (Marilyn Monroe described by Norman Mailer) and I would have sent my "Wow... Great..." if I were the only one. I'm not.
So I can freely add a little remark of concern.
toonist wrote:She has (...) a simple yet effective skeleton for freedom of movement.
Does it have something like the pelvic bone?
My experience is that you cannot lay your body weight on a solid doll when you "use" it if the pelvic zone isn't supported, for then your weight is passed on to your member inside. My body weight is normal (78 kg).

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

dang much competition lately :wink:
but really a beautiful doll
<a href="modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21093">
</a>

Strangelove65

A technical artistic question.....

Post by Strangelove65 »

Patrick, you mentioned a skeleton to give the doll freedom of movement. Will it be possible to pose the doll for photos, or is it to be a "relaxed" doll that won't be able to hold poses. This is probably the most beautiful body I have seen in a long time. I prefer taller women, and my favorite dolls in the past have been taller: Realdoll Body 1 and the Mechadoll Brigitte. As I am interested in posed photography, I was curious about the doll's ability to hold a pose for picture-taking. Could you give us a general idea of what movements the dolls will be able to accommodate? (There is no wrong answer, just choices in posing and photographing posable vs relaxed dolls..... :D )
"Whoever loves the labor of his trade, apart from any measure of fame or fortune, him the gods have called." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1001011001 »

toonist wrote:From what we've cast so far with foam cores, we're hoping this body will weigh about 65 lbs.
I've begun to take orders for it at $4800. plus shipping.
As I said, we are establishing payment plans...sort of a lay away. We just want this to easy...simple...enjoyable.

I really appreciate the generous comments.

I think we're on a good path...P
At the risk of pissing in everybody's cornflakes, I think you should hold off on taking any orders until you're further along in development.

There's a lot of excitement for this doll, which is understandable, but I'm sure there might be unexpected delays during the startup as well. There's a few doll companies in the past that have jumped the gun and when delays popped up, it resulted in a lot of unhappy customers.

Other than that, I do think the doll looks stunning and I do hope you can bring this to the market pretty soon.

jonnydisco
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jonnydisco »

1001011001 wrote:
toonist wrote:From what we've cast so far with foam cores, we're hoping this body will weigh about 65 lbs.
I've begun to take orders for it at $4800. plus shipping.
As I said, we are establishing payment plans...sort of a lay away. We just want this to easy...simple...enjoyable.

I really appreciate the generous comments.

I think we're on a good path...P
At the risk of pissing in everybody's cornflakes, I think you should hold off on taking any orders until you're further along in development.

There's a lot of excitement for this doll, which is understandable, but I'm sure there might be unexpected delays during the startup as well. There's a few doll companies in the past that have jumped the gun and when delays popped up, it resulted in a lot of unhappy customers.

Other than that, I do think the doll looks stunning and I do hope you can bring this to the market pretty soon.
Mom this cereal tastes funny, 8O

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey Hey,
The foam inside the pelvic area should support you. Will there be delays?...when are there not? But...I think we have all the bugs worked out. We've been creating silicone toys during this last year and have learned a million "tricks". My mold man and I have a combined 25 years experience creating molds...which is what we are doing right now.
Sculpting, molding , casting...the endless circle.

We have all the necessary materials, we have the finished sculpture, we have good people in an awesome studio...it's all lined up.

Creating a mold (and the mold for the core as well) is a big job. But it's certainly something we've done many times before. We are not taking this lightly. Nobody goes to this extreme
without careful consideration.
On the question of poseability... She will not be floppy. Her joints will bend in the right places. The foam inside has a memory and will return her to her pose after it's moved. I particularly like the way her head is able to be turned . She can look over her shoulder.
BTW We won't be using heavy wooden crates to ship. Foam in sturdy cardboad will do. No hanging hooks in the neck either. Personally I just don't like the look...and with this weight we don't think it will be necessary. Just rest her on pillows.
We'll get some more pics up soon. It's going to be a busy week!
Patrick

INFORMATIONS