SexDollAmerica.com

We're Live!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

The novus forum is pretty good Ish,Phyl and anyone else who had their hands in this!Ish,When you slacked way down on postings for the last couple of days,I figured you were bustin' ass in getting this completed.

I even like the new little Emoticons,although I don't know to much about them. :wink:

Anyway,the only thing that I will have to get use to is all of this gray-blue-greenish color for the forum! 8O Ha-Ha

Keep up the good work!

I will continue to learn more about this forum as time goes on.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Synobyte07,

You can change the "theme" too. The one that is the default now is the only "cool" theme I have installed. The rest are utilitarian, like for split screen scaling and reduced graphics demands.

There's a bunch of themes located <A HREF="http://www.nukemods.com/modules.php?set ... _album.php" TARGET="_blank">HERE</A> which I can add. I was planning on inviting people to select a couple more themes, and I will download and install them here.

IMPORTANT!!! Only select the ones that state that they are for version 6.5. The 6.0 version themes are flakey in this version of PHP-Nuke.

Thanks,
Ish
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

See...I learned something new already!

The Sunset 6.5 would be a great addition and make navigation a little more easier. :D

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

OK, it's loaded and ready to use.

:)

Ish

EyesGreyGreen

Post by EyesGreyGreen »

Ishtaria wrote:I can shorten the "Forum Posts" list. Does anybody have any suggestions on how many entries would be best?
No, on the contrary, Ish. I think the list should be made a little longer. What I liked about the "Active Posts" section of the old forum was that even if you didn't have access to the internet for one or two days, you could still easily catch up with everything. Now, if the "Forum posts" list of the new forum is too short, you have to go through all forum sections to find out what has been said/written since the last time you were online.
Ideally I think the "Forum Posts" should cover 36 or 48 hours of posts.

quickman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by quickman »

Congratulations and thanks on getting the new site up and running.

I have a request: If possible, could you alter the times on the "Forum posts" panel on the left so that it displays local times instead of GMT? I doesn't appear to take advantage of the GMT offset I supplied in my account settings.

Thanks. :)

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Go to the Forum Index page, and in the top right corner select <A HREF="modules.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_id=newposts">View posts since last visit</A>. It actually works rather well.

Ish

quickman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by quickman »

That'll work. Thanks!

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

:D Great job, Ish!

The only thing I wish is that the page wasn't so wide ... so that I have to open up the browser page to full screen. But this is an awesome new format and it'll just take a little time for me to adjust. Thanks for all you do, Ishtaria! You rock! :D

Ricardo
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synobyte07 »

:D Ishtaria,the new theme image works ! :D

I don't feel like I'm being hypnotized subconsciously anymore. 8O :lol:

If I win the lottery this Friday, (yeah right :roll: ) I'll be sure to make arrangements in getting you a silicone lovely of your choice :!:

S7 [/b]

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi quickman,
quickman wrote:Congratulations and thanks on getting the new site up and running.

I have a request: If possible, could you alter the times on the "Forum posts" panel on the left so that it displays local times instead of GMT? I doesn't appear to take advantage of the GMT offset I supplied in my account settings.
Sorry, I was answering EGG and never saw your question.

JR pointed this out earlier too. I'll fix the left hand side "Forum Posts" block in a few days.

Thanks, and sorry that I missed your question earlier.

Ish

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Ricardo,

Go to the Themes section of your user profile and try selecting different ones. This "theme" is the most demanding out of them.

;)

Ish

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Synobyte07,

Thanks!!! I hope you win the lottery, too!! ;)

:)

Ish

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Ishtaria -

Thank you. You've done a tremendous amount of work here, for a bunch of crazy doll-humpers you've never met.

You remind me of Jerry & Bill. They chose well. 8)

_This_ crazy doll-humper is grateful. Now, it's time to put on my exploration hat and go have a look about..... :wink:

~B.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Paleonaturist,

I have a lot of things turned off right now simply because I don't want to overwhelm people. But some cool stuff to look at right now are the Community section (it will be a lot better once we start loading it up with web sites). The Journal is pretty cool, too. Not the stuff that I put into it (that's just for my own future reference). but the fact that anyone can start their own journal (such as when they are working on a doll project, heir notes can be in there and be available publicly). The Member Gallery is really cool, and everyone can use it to upload any images that they need. There does need to be a help file on how to use it (I'll get to that later on.)

There's still more that is active now, but this gives you an idea of what is available. :)

Thanks!

Ish

INFORMATIONS