sexyrealsexdolls.com

Weight Reduction Process - For TPE dolls

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Weight Reduction Process - For TPE dolls

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:Well my new lady has arrived and woof... she’s a bit heavier than I’m prepared for. She also, to my eyes, could use some body sculpt adjustments. One of the things I love about your process is your willingness to attack brand new dolls. I’ve been telling myself I’ll “do something” once the doll starts to develop issues someday. Maybe I shouldn’t wait to create the vision I want...
Here is the thing.. If you wait till problems arrive then you will have more work to do and not get to enjoy your doll in the vision you created.

I had very specific ideas about all my dolls and how I want them to look before I even bought them. Xiel, was always going to be aged up so he was closer to my age. A lot of research went into figuring out how to do it, and I did.. Agares, from the moment I first saw his model, was always going to be the physical manifestation of my childhood imaginary friend who just happened to be a demon (yeah weird, I know). I tried to get the factory to make him with pointed ears but was told it couldn't be done, unless I wanted a custom head made ($4000 no thank you!) Must say it was gratifying to send those pictures to the vendor, when Agares ears were done. :twisted: E'agle needed a body to fit being our guardian, and his face is so lovely, but is going to get some serious modifications as well. But the plan was always to reduce his weight..

Also by working on my dolls before issues arise, I know how to work with the TPE because all my dolls are different brands. I know just about every nook and cranny of every one of my dolls inside and out. Also when I see design flaws I can fix them now, instead of waiting for issues to arise. Example, I am very concerned about how E'agle's penis is attached, as his is not removeable. I had the vendor get me detailed pictures of his skeleton, so I know what I am going to find when I get in there, and it is a sh!t design. JS! So I am going to have to add a reinforcement plate to stabilize the stupid crappy wires (wires folks, wires WTF!) they used to hold it in place. :roll: It would be better to do this now when I have him open then wait and have to go back in there to fix it.

I bought a couple of different kinds of spray foam today. Another member mentioned I probably will have better luck with the foam that doesn't expand as much as it will be stronger and that the TPE doesn't react to the foam. So that is a hopeful light in the tunnel of :roll: . Taking Friday off so I will have the weekend to experiment with the foam. I am also going cut open and his other calf and gut it, as well as possibly his butt cheeks. Thighs have to be done in two parts so I will do them after since he will have to be turned over (holy crap that totally sucks), after the back half is done. But he has a nice big ass so I am thinking I can get 7-10 lbs out of that area alone and every little bit helps making him easier to handle.

Lastly, and this is just what I am going to have to mentally work through and get the F over, but working on a new doll is way easier then one you have become emotionally attached to. I am going to have to cut open and do this to Xiel and Agares. You all have seen how much time and effort I have put into these two dolls. It maybe that I follow Mishka's advice and take a few shots before working on them.
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

muesky6969 wrote:Lastly, and this is just what I am going to have to mentally work through and get the F over, but working on a new doll is way easier then one you have become emotionally attached to.
Wow... This is something I hadn't considered. Sitting here now, I totally see this truth.

Good luck this weekend!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:
muesky6969 wrote:Lastly, and this is just what I am going to have to mentally work through and get the F over, but working on a new doll is way easier then one you have become emotionally attached to.
Wow... This is something I hadn't considered. Sitting here now, I totally see this truth.

Good luck this weekend!
I truly love my guys so yeah.. If you have an emotional attachment to your dolls it is really hard. If it wasn't totally necessary, I wouldn't do it but it is dangerous for me to move the guys around. I have already had two back surgeries and am fused from L1 clear down to the end of my tailbone. Another surgery is not something I want to even contemplate, any time soon.

So I started experimenting with the spray foam. The initial set up lets me know that shooting the foam into the cavity without it being exposed to air will not work, at all.. but I think I may be able to work around that.. Letting it sit so far for about 4 hours the foam still seems very spongy, which is totally doable if that is the case, but I am hoping it will firm up, as it cures. I may just shoot it around the foam inserts and give it more of a fat layer, type texture, if it stays spongy. Also it will work great for the abdomen, because it is not hard so it will feel more like guts.. I did realize I am not going to be able to use the cheaper stuff. It is just not going to work. But one can of the Great Stuff (brand that seems to work better) will go a long way. It is still only $7 a can which even if takes 10 cans (it won't) that is still cost effective, as far as I am concerned. I mean $70 to take 35-40lbs off E'agle, hell I would pay 10x that much..

My biggest concern is actually that it become so hard it is brittle and it will break into small pieces, when pressure is put on it, or say I drop one of my dolls.

Side topic - Do you all know if anyone would be interested in a female doll that was turned into a undine (merfolk)? I have been offered an opportunity to get a blue female doll at a great price, and I would love to get her and turn her into an undine, just to see if I can. She would have webbed fingers, gills, scales, frilled pointed ears, weight reduced so she would be around 55-60lbs, maybe less. Custom teeth can be made for her, as well. I even found a really cool wig and eyes that would make her truly a one-of-a kind doll. Working on these dolls and making them unique is very satisfying for me and I understand a lot of people do not have the time or place they can do the work on a doll like I do, but still would enjoy having a fantasy doll like no other doll available.

If you all haven't figured out, yet. I am a person who has to keep busy and always have projects in the works. It is just that all the skills I have learned over the years seem to be a perfect fit for working on these dolls, and I love doing it. If I can make a bit of money, all the better..

I
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

Jimpink
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Jimpink »

Hey Muesky! I've been reading and watching your thread for a little while now, the educated risks you're taking when customising dolls is invaluable for those hoping to do the same! more pictures please, if you're able to.

As in the other thread I'd like to bulk up the waist on my new arrival but at the moment I lack the confidence to properly open her up and get to work. Expanding foam seems the easiest option for stuffing so I'd like to see whether it hardens and breaks as you predicted. Most of that stuff will eventually go hard but I think it usually it pretty resilient and not as brittle as it looks. I do have some regular foam leftover from the custom head storage boxes I've been making so could always chuck that in. Chopped up into small chunks for flexibility and mixed with some polystyrene wrap perhaps?

As for your undine yeah there's loads of people who would be interested in that, you could chuck some pictures up on here before setting up a sale post, see what people think?
Boomtown!
Jimpink
Wolka & Amy
Pocket Pink Perfection
Instagram
House of Pink Girls
ImageImageImage

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Hey Muesky, totally think making custom fantasy dolls be an awesome "side" side-job. Especially if it keeps you sane instead of driving you off the cliff...

Beautiful blue creatures are my favorite fantasy. I've been fantasizing about a "full size" blue elf/demon since my doll journey began. Today was the day I said "wtf am I waiting for" and ordered one from SM.

Life is toooooooo short... Ha!

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Jimpink wrote:Hey Muesky! I've been reading and watching your thread for a little while now, the educated risks you're taking when customising dolls is invaluable for those hoping to do the same! more pictures please, if you're able to.

As in the other thread I'd like to bulk up the waist on my new arrival but at the moment I lack the confidence to properly open her up and get to work. Expanding foam seems the easiest option for stuffing so I'd like to see whether it hardens and breaks as you predicted. Most of that stuff will eventually go hard but I think it usually it pretty resilient and not as brittle as it looks. I do have some regular foam leftover from the custom head storage boxes I've been making so could always chuck that in. Chopped up into small chunks for flexibility and mixed with some polystyrene wrap perhaps?

As for your undine yeah there's loads of people who would be interested in that, you could chuck some pictures up on here before setting up a sale post, see what people think?
I am glad to be able to share information. Plus I figure since all this is pretty much new the more people who are working on the problem/procedure the better. I will try to get more pictures. Sometimes I get in the "zone" and forget.

As for the spray foam, here are some of my initial findings. I will take pictures of it tomorrow. So the stuff has to be exposed to air to cure and fully expand, otherwise it turns into goo.. Here is the most promising finding. So it is rather like a stiff spongy foam, with a kind of tough outer layer. I have several pieces I have been playing with. It doesn't stretch, which is good, it does have give to it and it does not seem brittle at all, but with enough force you can tear pieces apart.

Here is another positive, it has little smell when being sprayed (I think what I was smelling was the propellent).. I had read all these warnings on being careful of the fumes, but there were not any and the foam has absolutely no smell once cured. These findings are giving hope that this maybe a good filler but now my concern is figuring out how to actually get it to set up in body cavities, I carve out. Because it does expand for a while after it is sprayed. I am worried putting in overflow hoses may not be enough..
It will probably need to be done in stages. Spray some in let it set for a while, then spray in more.. I need to see how well it bonds to new spray on cured spray, otherwise there may be a bunch of small pieces and that would be an mess in the long run.

As for using this for expanding the dolls waist line, I will give a think and do some research on this and see I can come up with any ideas that may work. We have other people on the forum who may be able to help as well.
ShadowFun wrote:Hey Muesky, totally think making custom fantasy dolls be an awesome "side" side-job. Especially if it keeps you sane instead of driving you off the cliff...

Beautiful blue creatures are my favorite fantasy. I've been fantasizing about a "full size" blue elf/demon since my doll journey began. Today was the day I said "wtf am I waiting for" and ordered one from SM.

Life is toooooooo short... Ha!
My retirement plan is to open a boutique to sell companion dolls. The term sex doll is so limiting and such a small aspect of what having one of these dolls can do to improve our lives. I want to have a shop where I have dolls in stock to sell or help them order a doll. It can be a place I can teach people how to care and maintain them. Maybe have workshops or gatherings where people can learn to modify their own dolls or just meet other people who have dolls. I would also like to sell equipment to help people like myself move their dolls around. Then have a studio in the shop where I modify dolls to sell, as well. Is this something I actually do? I don't know, but it sure sounds fun. And although opening a boutique right now isn't an option I can still modify dolls to sell.. So half of the plan is in the making..

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Good news!!! My preliminary testing on the foam seems to be going well. I found that the cheap yellow spray foam, may end up being the best bet when it comes to using this as a filler. The reason being it's more rubbery when it sets up. The more expensive kind fills in better and is harder but is more brittle. So I am afraid over time it will begin to break apart. The cheap stuff, is softer but like I said more rubbery and it takes quite a bit to tear or break it apart.

I did a bit more experimenting the afternoon, and we will see how it turns out. What I tested today was will it bind to pieces already dried. And I shot blob is into plastic bags and tied them off to see if it will set up in an air tight space.

So here are some ideas on what can be done to set this up in the doll's body cavity. First the TPE is going to have to be lined with a cotton batting and possibly a thin layer of polyfil. This will give strength to the TPE to prevent stress or tears, since it will be thinner. Also it will provide a smooth surface for the foam so I don't have weird bumps and lumps from the foam setting up.. Oh and that reminds me, when the foam comes up against a solid surface it will conform to that shape. It also has kind of a rubbery membrane on the outer surface. (Below is a picture of some of the first foam tests)

I also think I know how I am going to inject the foam into the body to optimize it setting up properly. I need to make a trip to the Vietanmese store to pick up boba straws. These straws are about 3/4" wide and will be used as vents for over fill. Once I have the cavity lined with batting and polyfil, I will wrap the area with plastic wrap and tape to force the area to maintain it shape and not balloon out (which would be bad in so many ways).. I am trying to figure out what to do if the area does not retain it's shape while the foam is being injected in.. It may mean using wood or metal stays that will have to be removed and the areas they were removed filled in with a little foam and then TPE for the surface. I think the chest cavity and thighs are going to have to be done in two parts. Doing the back first and then front, because these are just too big of spaces to get completely filled. This will also make it easier on me because I can get his back side done then flip him over and do the front side. Cuz even taking out so much TPE he still weighs around 100lbs.

Admittedly I am feel a lot more confident about using the foam. And here is the thing, this stuff is so dang light. I am talking ounces compared to pounds. I think I am going to do his arms, as well. First because it will make his body feel more realistic. Two because it will take an additional 6-10 lbs off his weight and lastly, I may end up making them a bit bigger, just to see if I can.. This is just so exciting when a plan starts to pan out and I can make what is in my head a reality... Sadly this isn't always the case but it seems when I am working on these dolls, everything just seems to fall into place..
Attachments
Spray foam.jpg
Spray foam.jpg (151.01 KiB) Viewed 505 times

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Very good news! I may be using some of your discoveries sooner than I expected. My Candi's back snapped yesterday. Surgery is unavoidable....

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dang, been a while since anyone has posted about this type of damage
At least there is some really good info on the forum of repairing busted backs plus an opportunity to follow muesky into the world of serious mods :)

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

ShadowFun wrote:Very good news! I may be using some of your discoveries sooner than I expected. My Candi's back snapped yesterday. Surgery is unavoidable....
Holy crap ShadowFun that absolutely sucks!! I am really interested in how you are able to fix her back. I have some ideas but this is not something I have had to deal with yet.

I have been thinking about what it would take to make a couple of my dolls taller, but cutting the shin, thigh and spine then using a coupler of some sorts to extend and reconnect the skeleton, by maybe an 1" in each area, but am a bit of a chicken to try it right now.. I know.. I know me chicken.. It mainly because I haven't found the right couplers to make it work yet.. E'agle is 5'9-5'10" and I would like for him to be closer to 6'. **Sigh**

So ShadowFun, please share what you come up with, as I may very well be using your techniques to do another modification on my doll..

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

muesky6969 wrote:So ShadowFun, please share what you come up with, as I may very well be using your techniques to do another modification on my doll..
Oh... you aren't gonna like what I'm thinking of doing...
:haha4:
I'm probably going to cut her in half... Seriously... in half.

It's likely I'm going to create 2 torso dolls from Candi, a top and a bottom. I posted about my thought process on my Kitten Chronicle thread. Really tho, it comes down to the combination of accepting that I could never make a repair I'd ever really trust and the unique opportunity this tragedy presents.

Please don't think ill of me. I'm not twisted... really... I'm not. I genuinely prefer my humans whole.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Humans whole, dolls not so much
'tis your doll and a very practical solution :)

ps. I removed the skeleton out of one of mine :whistle:

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Oh... you aren't gonna like what I'm thinking of doing...
:haha4:
I'm probably going to cut her in half... Seriously... in half.

It's likely I'm going to create 2 torso dolls from Candi, a top and a bottom. I posted about my thought process on my Kitten Chronicle thread. Really tho, it comes down to the combination of accepting that I could never make a repair I'd ever really trust and the unique opportunity this tragedy presents.

Please don't think ill of me. I'm not twisted... really... I'm not. I genuinely prefer my humans whole.[/quote]

Hey you do you boo! But I was giving a think on what I would do if I were going to make my doll taller. I would cover the TPE with a shroud, to prevent metal shavings from getting into the material, then I would cut the pipe with my angle grinder, using cooling packs on both sides to keep it from heating TPE.. I would drill four places along the pipe about 1/2" and 1" up from the cut, then get a threaded bolt about just about the same size of the pipe interior, cut the head off the bolt and slide it up into both ends and then use smaller screws into the holes I drilled to holes to keep the bolt from backing out, either side and fill in with epoxy. This is just a theory. I need to make a trip to the hardware store and see what I can find.

There is another member on the forum that his doll's back was broken at where the spine is attached to the hips, and he used boat railing mounts. I think he got it done.. Here is the link to his thread. viewtopic.php?f=229&t=130283&start=120

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Well today the experimenting didn't go so well.. The foam must have air to set up, otherwise it turns into sludge.. I did find that shooting some into a cloth pockets they created a shell that was pretty flexible but hollow and will eventually the air would be forced out of the pocket.. So I am not sure the foam is going to work.. If I could find a foam that sets up by chemical reaction like epoxy I could get this to work, but regular spray foam is just not going to hold up for the long run..

Here is why - First off it is too brittle, even the yellow stuff can be torn and I am worried it will not hold it's shape long term.
Second it has to be exposed to air to set up. Even the vent straws I used were not enough air exposure.

So back to the last plan of using the heavy cushion foam. Which is okay because this little experiment with the spray foam has been helpful when figuring out how to fill the cavity correctly. Just like with the spray foam I think for the thighs, chest and abdomen I will do the back first then the front.. It will be easier to cut the pieces that way. As they will not have to be as thick..

As this is uncharted I understand there are theories that will work and some that won't. At least with the spray foam I am only out $10 and playing with the foam is really fun.. Reminds me of crazy string we played with as kids.

On a totally different subjects, I had to drill out the eye area on E'agle in his skull. There was no place in the skull for the eyes and the face TPE is so shallow I could not get any of the eyes I have to fit, without him looking bug eyed. I am getting ready to mount forms onto the skull at the back of the eye holes any of the eyes I have will fit him, especially the custom ones I had made specifically for him... The skull is one of the crappiest designs I have ever seen.. If that is what Qita uses for skulls this is the last doll I will ever purchase of theirs.

Life would be more simple I had a mold and just made the doll from scratch.. Going back afterwards and modifying really sucks..

If anyone knows of a foam that is created by chemical reaction, let me know.. Otherwise I am going to move forward with the cushion foam..

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

muesky6969 wrote:There is another member on the forum that his doll's back was broken at where the spine is attached to the hips, and he used boat railing mounts.
Hmm... That's super interesting. I was trying to imagine something like that and totally hadn't thought of those brackets! I've seen a photo of a Piper broken back and from what I can tell, my Candi's broke the same way. Basically, the weld broke where it T's. I read about how someone welded in a bicycle fork also. Certainly, I don't need to be hasty with whatever I decide.

Sorry the foam didn't pan out. What if you pumped air in with an aquarium pump? I also wondered if it would compress over time with repeated pressure. That would suck.

INFORMATIONS